The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clockwork furnishing

makreth
makreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Where/how do people get furniture for clockwork style ... ? Does anyone have a clue? :D

Best Answer

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Clockwork City furnishing recipes drop only in the Clockwork City zone. Fair warning: the droprate is terrible. They were dropping during the random dungeon event but that's over. You can also find them (at ridiculous prices) on guild traders. I assume you can find the individual furnishings on traders too. And there are Home Good and Achievement vendors in the Brass Fortress who sell some things.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    Answer ✓
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Clockwork City furnishing recipes drop only in the Clockwork City zone. Fair warning: the droprate is terrible. They were dropping during the random dungeon event but that's over. You can also find them (at ridiculous prices) on guild traders. I assume you can find the individual furnishings on traders too. And there are Home Good and Achievement vendors in the Brass Fortress who sell some things.

Thank you for the answer! I was wondering if anyone has found any recipes/furniture from pickpocketing also.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do they only drop from containers? I heard that you can get plans to drop from killing factorums. Is that true?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Do they only drop from containers? I heard that you can get plans to drop from killing factorums. Is that true?

Yes they drop from Factotums. I've not tried pickpocketing in CWC but I believe they can be gotten that way too.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Yes they drop from Factotums. I've not tried pickpocketing in CWC but I believe they can be gotten that way too.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'd much rather kill factorums then looting containers over and over. I just bought the observatory however and need some of these plans.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Apache_Kid Be warned that regardless of source the drop rate is abysmal. It used to be easier to get them off Factotums but then they 'fixed' it in a patch.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Apache_Kid Be warned that regardless of source the drop rate is abysmal. It used to be easier to get them off Factotums but then they 'fixed' it in a patch.

So I've heard. I'm sure I'll get fed up soon and just find someone who knows the plans and can craft them for me. I just joined a housing guild I found so I'm gonna ask around there.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have killed 100s of factotums and have gotten none at all after the nerf.

I got one blue recipe from the rift spawns you have to kill for the bird boss
    Beta tester November 2013
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 characters = zero drops since it launched