The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Types of group dungeons

lukastef
lukastef
✭✭
Iam new to the game so can smbdy pls explain this:
For example there is fungal grotto I and there is fungal grotto II. And now im hearing about vet dungeons so does that mean there is also fungal grotto I vet and fungal grotto II vet and if there is do I get 4 skill points total for completing each of them? Tnx in advance for clarifying.

Best Answers

• Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there are vet versions for each, but you don't get skill points for vet, unless it is the first time you are doing the dungeon.
    Answer ✓
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The II dungeons is harder and has more mechanics.
    You have 4 levels 1 dungeons who are easier, unnumbered dungeons like vordenfell and vault of madness who is a bit harder, 2 dungeons who is another step up, then the dlc dungeons like imperial city prison.
    You have to be level 45 to get the harder ones.

You get one skill point for doing the quest in dungeons,

The veteran dungeon demands that you are above level 50, you should also be cp160 to do them.
    They are an harder version of dungeons enemies does more damage and has more health, lots of stuff kill you at once unless you follow mechanics. in short the easiest veteran equals the dlc normals.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once upon a time, all the dungeons only had normal difficulty except for those in 2 starter zones of each alliance which also had a vet version - Spindleclutch, Banished Cells, Fungal Grotto, Elden Hollow, Wayrest Sewers and Darkshade Caverns. Later Crypt of Hearts and City of Ash got added to the list too. The old vet dungeons were a continuation of the story of the old nonvet, so for example Fungal Grotto vet quest was more or less what happens after you complete Fungal Grotto normal, story-wise. They had different bosses(although if you pay attention you'll notice that story-wise some of them are similar), sometimes different areas entirely(for example vet CoA lead you into a portal to pretty much a whole new dungeon, whereas normal CoA ended right before that portal) and very different mechanics.

With One Tamriel, ZOS gave every single dungeon a vet and a normal version and old vets became versions II. They didn't bother changing stories or anything for the new normals and vets so, say, vet Funagl Grotto I is same old normal Fungal Grotto I where every enemy has been significantly buffed, and that's it. Now dungeons II, while they can now be run on normal, are generally more mechanics heavy due to being old vets and may prove to be challenging for a new player; I think currently you only gain access to them at level 45, which is just as well. The story(as in quest) difference is now between verson I and II instead of normal and vet.

Tl;dr - vet/normal means a difference of difficulty - in vet mobs have more health, hit harder, mechanics become more unforgiving and can one shot if you don't follow them; version I/version II means actual story difference and therefore different quests(although version II will likely be harder than version I even on normal).
    Answer ✓
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you see ‘I’ in the dungeon name, it's usually an easy dungeon. with exception of Direfrost Keep and Tempest Island, which have no II version.

if you see ‘II’ in the dungeon name, it's the difficult dungeon. especially City of Ash II.

and then there are DLC dungeons. White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison, Cradle of Shadow, Ruins of Mazz, Falkreach Hall, Bloodroot Forge. those are the hardest dungeons in the game and can frustrate new players even in normal mode.
    Answer ✓