Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Need to share my account to buy limited time items.... how do I avoid breaking TOS?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m on vacation away from my PS4, but need to have a relative I play with log in to my account (another ESO player but who isn’t playing from the same PS4) in order to buy some stuff. In particular, I need to buy the weekly vendor’s Scathing Mage necklace, Slimecraw Light Impen shoulder, and then the Stalhrim Frostcaster motif.

Yes, account sharing is against the TOS. Is there a way to get around this for what I need here? There has to be a way for me to purchase these items. I understand people have been banned for account sharing vMA so I don’t want to risk this without being able to do it safely. Maybe I can contact Support for this? They’re not working weekends though :/
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the golden vendor items immediately bound or bound on equip? If the latter you could get a friend to buy it for you and then sell it to you when you return if you trust someone enough.

As for crown purchases ZOS offers a not well advertised concierge service that allows you to buy stuff for yourself or others without accessing the game. Search for concierge and you should find the forum post with instructions.

I don't know about PS4 enough to know if giving someone your login would be detected but doing so technically would violate the TOS.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the golden vendor items immediately bound or bound on equip? If the latter you could get a friend to buy it for you and then sell it to you when you return if you trust someone enough.

As for crown purchases ZOS offers a not well advertised concierge service that allows you to buy stuff for yourself or others without accessing the game. Search for concierge and you should find the forum post with instructions.

I don't know about PS4 enough to know if giving someone your login would be detected but doing so technically would violate the TOS.

The vendor items are Bind in Pickup unfortunately. I’ll look into that service. Ty!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JasonSilverSpring I looked into the system, but it sounds like they only care about Crown Store purchases....
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    @JasonSilverSpring I looked into the system, but it sounds like they only care about Crown Store purchases....

Yes, I brought it up for the motif you mentioned. As for the golden vendor I am out of ideas unfortunately. Maybe someone with a ps4 can better assist.