Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No valid internet connection

danthisiswhoiam
danthisiswhoiam
Soul Shriven
I keep getting dropped from the game saying I don’t have a valid internet connection has been happening for few months now, it’s not my internet I’m in a party most of the time it happens (needs internet for that no) other internet based games do not have an issue including destiny
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it is your internet but maybe just not at your house. its something between you and the game. Youd need to do some diagnostics to locate the issue. location of the game servers varies between games
  • danthisiswhoiam
    danthisiswhoiam
    Soul Shriven
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    well, it is your internet but maybe just not at your house. its something between you and the game. Youd need to do some diagnostics to locate the issue. location of the game servers varies between games
    Explain why other accounts on The same Xbox and internet connection still don’t get dropped
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you receive an error message stating "Unable to Connect to Server. Please check your Internet Connection," it is likely due to your local network.

If restarting the console does not resolve the issue, you can try the troubleshooting steps below:

Check for Network or Service Outages

You can check for network or service outages by following the process below:
    1. Check Xbox Live's status page.
    2. Check all the physical devices on the network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
    3. Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.
    4. Check the ESOTU Service Alerts page.

You can refer to this site about how to connect to Xbox Live.

Perform a Connection Test on the Console

You can perform a connection test on your Xbox One by following the process below:
    1. Press the [Menu] button on the controller.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Network.
    4. In the second column titled Current Network Stats, check the NAT status and confirm whether it is reading that your console is running on wireless or Ethernet correctly. The NAT should show as Open.
    5. For troubleshooting a disconnect in your connection, select Troubleshooting and then Test Network Connection.
    6. The NAT types can be one of the following:
      1. OPEN: Can play games with any other NAT type.
      2. MODERATE: Can play games with open or moderate NAT types.
      3. STRICT: Can only play against open NAT types.

Forward Ports

The ports for ESOTU are as follows:
    • UDP Port 88
    • UDP Ports 12000 through 32000
    • UDP Port 6250
    • UDP Port 5060
    • UDP Port 5062
    • UDP Port 3478 through 3479
    • UDP and TCP Port 3074
    • UDP and TCP Port 53
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433

For instructions on how to forward ports, please contact either your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or manufacturer of your modem/router.

Clear the Mac Address

You can clear the Mac Address on your console by following the steps below:
    1. Press Start at the main Xbox One menu.
    2. Navigate to Settings.
    3. Select Network Settings, Advanced Settings, Alternative Mac Address, and finally Clear.
    4. Restart and shut down the Xbox One. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the console and wait two minutes.
    5. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from white to orange.
    6. When the light switches to orange, reboot the console and try the game again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lew93x
    Lew93x
    Soul Shriven
    Numerous people are having the same problem mate with no help.. just a generic reply like the above without a general fix. I’m having the same issue and have been for a while now.. starting to think about cancelling my subscription and stop playing..