The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Animus Stones collection

Blencathra
Blencathra
✭✭✭
Apart from buying with writs, how can one collect them? Can they be 'farmed' from certain monsters? Thanks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no variation in the appearance of animus stones, so I’m not sure why you’d want them just to collect ... other than maybe for RP purposes.

The only place currently to obtain them is from Rolis Hlaalu the master writ vendor.

If you don’t have that level of crafting expertise, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a master crafter in guild or zone ... who can purchase the stones for you in exchange for gold.
  • Blencathra
    Blencathra
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I am returning to ESO after almost two years out due to a very slow computer and/or internet that was making it difficult to run with groups (it wasn't fair if I kept freezing) so I was getting further behind progressing (no arena and no higher raids). Then I was away from home for a while. So now I am back, with a fast gaming system and just trying to find my way around the game again as some things have changed (when I left I was Veteran 14 level and the max had just changed to 16 which I was hoping to reach ASAP).
    I am a top level crafter for alchemy and enchanting so hopefully will be able to get master writs, but just wondered whether there was a way of farming animus stones another way to save the writs for something else.
    I want to craft my own 6 million skeleton so that I can figure out the best rotation/armour for my level (currently 169) to maximise my DPS because the highest I have seen it go when running single has been 17000 (and most of the time it is between 8-11k).

I am going to try to get the alchemist set as right now I am running with Soulshine, Twilight's Embrace and Seducer to max my magicka stats.

Thanks so much.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some great in-game goals, @Blencathra!

But, yes, for now save up some gold. It’s faster to just pay a master crafter in-game for the stones or the whole skeleton ... before you’re able to level the rest of your crafting and eventually craft one yourself.