Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Open PVP" toggle setting for housing

GimpyPorcupine
GimpyPorcupine
✭✭✭✭✭
What about a setting for player housing that allows the owner to turn on Open PVP. Your attacks would affect anyone not in a group with you. This could create a lot of fun scenarios: Friendly 1vX, XvX, XvXvX....

Imagine a guild "Grand Melee" event, 5k buy in, last man standing gets 1/2 the pot, the rest goes to the guild bank.
8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd support this so long as there was some sort of warning to people travelling to the house.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely a Coliseum
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be awesome
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    I want this SO bad. I'm building a multilevel hedge maze in Serenity Falls, and turning it into a pvp zone would be beyond fun.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And so the exodus from Cyrodiil begins...
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonderful idea! As to the warning, make it an additional setting. Primary house is there. Give us an "arena" house, that people can travel to from rightclick menu similar to primary house. This is the one house that has pvp enabled. One per account is more than enough.
    CarbonX wrote: »
    With a max. 24 player limit in houses this is going to happen, how?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

Not at all. Training. I build a resource tower mockup out of planks.
  • cbdfarm
    cbdfarm
    ✭✭✭
    I would like if they did it like runescape housing and you could buy a "boxing ring" or have a dungeon to pvp in your house with.

Like this. This way those watching wouldnt be killed randomly and get mad.

hqdefault.jpg

• M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would sit on the balcony of my house with a bow and snipe at anyone coming through the front gate.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    better yet invite everyone to a massive fight…but secretly set your primary residence to one the tiny inn rooms, so no one can escape your Area attacks!
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    I would sit on the balcony of my house with a bow and snipe at anyone coming through the front gate.

I would visit all my guild-mates and gank them while they're crafting i their homes....
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    better yet invite everyone to a massive fight…but secretly set your primary residence to one the tiny inn rooms, so no one can escape your Area attacks!

Dueling isn't enabled in those rooms, so neither would PvP be.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this idea as well. It would open up events guilds could have either in-house or more public events and I think it would be great for those new to PVP too.

Edited by Eporem on January 4, 2018 6:50PM
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    This really just sounds like an excuse to murder unsuspecting visitors for griefers who like ambush other players against their will.

I might support the idea of an 'Arena' service that can be placed in a home such that in order to enter you have to agree to open PvP rules while inside the 'Arena' so a person or guild could organize 'Gladiatorial' events but would not get ambushed and killed just by visiting someone home.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    This really just sounds like an excuse to murder unsuspecting visitors for griefers who like ambush other players against their will.

I might support the idea of an 'Arena' service that can be placed in a home such that in order to enter you have to agree to open PvP rules while inside the 'Arena' so a person or guild could organize 'Gladiatorial' events but would not get ambushed and killed just by visiting someone home.

I like this idea as well. I imagine so many events could be held with this enabled especially with the larger houses.

Edited by Eporem on January 8, 2018 2:07AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggested something similar. My approach was everybody would enter the house then the owner would have to activate the battle so everyone in the home would know what is about to happen. Were it up to me I would also allow for different modes to be selected. Team fighting, last man standing things like that.

Even if we can't get this in our homes it would be really nice if they made it so certain AoEs and other attacks would work on the platforms that are being built. I've seen what would have been some really nice dueling arenas if the attacks didn't fall through the floor.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just make it like imperial city where your safe when you load in for a short while. and sure give a warning or something in the load screen.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always been in favor of this

would love that
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I see this being used by roleplayers as well..bringing back perhaps a touch of the faction wars - like the will of Argonians against Dunmer with a ruleset on armor or potions used beforehand.

I remember from another game a toggle switch for pvp or non-pvp on characters that you could use - though I am not sure how difficult this would be to place in this game.

Edited by Eporem on January 8, 2018 4:20PM
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome idea! :)
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer