The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I offer 20k crowns for class change

Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
✭✭✭✭
Seriously, let us have it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

What next, levels in the crown store?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I always wondered how ZOS can get away with these awful high prices on everything.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    class change would be cool but not for 20k
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offer you a no.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do I hear 15k crowns? ;)
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best I can do is 350.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fine, gift me 20k crowns and I will farm your toon :>
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 28, 2017 7:38PM
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    No thanks.

dont give them ideas, im waiting for them to release store only none combat pets that fetch loot for you or some other ***.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    No thanks.

dont give them ideas, im waiting for them to release store only none combat pets that fetch loot for you or some other ***.

Back2BDO
    PC-NA Goat
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. But not for that price. Sorcerer for everyone
  • Smokinroses
    Smokinroses
    ✭✭
    Why 20k? That's insane price! Considering cosmetic change is only 1k in crowns... And with that you can change everything.. So assuming it's just a class change, it should be the same price. I'd be reasoned with that! My Orc is Dark Magic and would love my Main Wood Elf to be the same, not saying I don't like the Nightblade that I chose for them. But really loving Dark Magic but would love for my Wood Elf to have it. :D My guild mates always talk about wishing for the ability to change our classes. :) So hopeful for the future..But please don't make it 20k, that's insane. If they make it 20k....they won't be making much money from people on it. :P
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

this isnt an Asian MMO....

and thank god for that....
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not start new character

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’d pay almost $150 for that....
    Edited by Vaoh on December 29, 2017 4:41PM
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill only pay that much crowns for a cup of tea with Lawrence Schick.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks.

WoW & Swtor both have level tokens now, who knows ZoS might catch on
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »
    No thanks.

this isnt an Asian MMO....

and thank god for that....

BDO Ftw lol ^ o:)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just level an alt?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    5k would be nice, but i would pay 20k for it in a heartbeat...

I am bound to my main, i dont even like stamblade but have to cause of roleplaying and psychological reasons.
    Also got some achievement points, so it would be nice to be able to switch classes.

5k is within reason no doubt.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just make achievements account based
    problem solved - youre welcome
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a class change, and I'd even pay crowns for it, but 20k? No thank you!
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    do you know how many people will level up from 1-50 a new character for you for 20k crowns, and level up Mages/fighters/undaunted skill lines too.

But I dont know if account sharing is allowed.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand that a person might want to buy class change to avoid grinding up a new toon, to keep achievements earned, etcetera, but why offer to spend that many crowns?

I imagine that you are just trying to make a point that some really really want to buy class change.

Best wishes and if they make it happen, I hope it is more reasonably priced.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

this
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I can understand that a person might want to buy class change to avoid grinding up a new toon, to keep achievements earned, etcetera, but why offer to spend that many crowns?

I imagine that you are just trying to make a point that some really really want to buy class change.

Best wishes and if they make it happen, I hope it is more reasonably priced.

Exactly, i exagerated to make a point.

I just think we should be able to change classes and willing to pay for it.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, let us have it.

Here is my 2cent advice: Just put your current character on shelf and level up an alt.

With all those doubleXP events out there and with the XP boost pots you can level up in 3-4 hours.
    Also it generates you gold if done properly - an alt power leveling is generating about 50k gold (when no XP pots are used).

Leveling an alt also has a benefit - it helps to soften the impact of meta changes - as your under-performing class can become over-performing again at some point of time.

Cheers!
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    One would wonder how technically challenging it would be from a technical standpoint.

It is difficult to speculate without knowing precisely how they coded it - and how they designed the character database (and how the client "looks up" the skill lines to show the player, off hand I can think of at least two or three different approaches). Outside of pure code/structure, however, there is also the easy design question of how you handle skill line experience.

Race is easy - you have one experience bar for the entire skill line, scaled off...what, your total XP gained on that character? Or the character level? So you just roll that line XP over (or even re-generate it if it is scaled off something like character level) and reset the passives. But a class has three separate skill lines each with six separate skills (counting the ultimate) and two morphs per skill. So you have to track what, (6 * 3) * 3 [skills] + 3 [skill lines] = 57 XP bars, which can range from zero to 100%. And when you change class, what - do you roll the XP "one for one", and how do you "line up" the different classes? Do you just set the new class XP to zero and call it a day? Do you keep the old class XP stored somewhere so if the character were to change again they could restore their old skills/morphs instantaneously?

In other words, there is a potential nest of worms and a can of nettles buried in there just from a design standpoint. Before getting to the part of - if I change the "Class" field in the character database "by hand", what happens to everything else (which I just cannot know without being employed by ZOS). Or whether they even want to run the risk of "everyone" switching to a new flavor-of-the-day class after every patch or balance adjustment.

TLDR - it is not unlikely that, unlike race change, class change is pretty difficult to implement, and they won't do it for a long, long time. If ever.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be nice having that kind of money to burn.