Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Copy/Paste Zenimax/Documents folders 4/5 success...but...

Valderis
Valderis
✭✭
I did a clean install of my OS (10.11.6) on my new SSD
I copied the Zenimax Online application folder and all its contents
I copied the Documents > Elder Scrolls Online folder and all its contents.

The game works but the Launcher doesn't let me "Play" or "repair" either.

How to make Launcher recognize game ?

System is MBP Early 2011 i7 2.2ghz, 8gb Ram, Crucial MX300
Jone and Jode are in a dance. Who leads, you ask? There, lies the wisdom of my ancestors... - Ra'fiiq
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use the "Show Package Contents" on the "Launcher.app", and then navigate to "game_mac -> pubplayerclient" and open up "eso.app", will the game run?

Second question - does the place you copied the "Zenimax Online" folder to have the exact same path as it did when you installed it (all higher level folders have the same name)?

Edit: Forget the first question - my second thought is that is what you mean by "the game runs".
    Edited by smacx250 on December 28, 2017 5:07PM
  • Valderis
    Valderis
    ✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    If you use the "Show Package Contents" on the "Launcher.app", and then navigate to "game_mac -> pubplayerclient" and open up "eso.app", will the game run?

Second question - does the place you copied the "Zenimax Online" folder to have the exact same path as it did when you installed it (all higher level folders have the same name)?

Edit: Forget the first question - my second thought is that is what you mean by "the game runs".

I am almost exactly sure its:

"/Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient"

from the other drive. identical yes. Is there a way to manually instruct the Launcher to load the game/updates, etc ?

My add-ons aren't working either.
    Edited by Valderis on December 28, 2017 9:55PM
    Jone and Jode are in a dance. Who leads, you ask? There, lies the wisdom of my ancestors... - Ra'fiiq
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really odd, and unlike the typical problems I have seen. The "Elder Scrolls Online" folder was copied into your "/Users/<username>" folder ok? Like it didn't end up with an extra folder somewhere (inside "/Users/<username>/Elder Scrolls Online" has a "live" folder?), or somehow end up with bad permissions that prevent the game from accessing it?

I have three different machines and users in my household, and haven't seen those problems in copying the game from one to the other. You might try moving everything aside and doing a full install of the game (yeah, I know that is painful!). If that works, you can copy over all the addons & preferences from your saved folder to the new one.