The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Infinite Loading Screen to Start

Blackfyre20
Blackfyre20
✭✭✭✭
Just got a new Xbox One X for Christmas and decided I'd come back to ESO (played on PS4, haven't played since before Morrowind dropped) to see how it is on the new console. I also recommended the game to a bunch of my friends thinking I might be able to convince them to join me with the new holiday sale...

Currently I am staring at an infinite load screen before I could even get into character creation. How can I recommend this game to my friends when it literally cannot even be started?
Buff Soft Caps
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you have not done so, clearing your game save data may help with the loading screen. Follow the below directions to clear your game save data.

To delete save data on the Xbox One:
    1. On Home, select My games and apps.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    3. Select Manage game.
    4. In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the [A] button on your controller.
    5. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data: Choose the "Delete Everywhere" option
      • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
      • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
      • Cancel leaves your data intact.

After you have cleared the save data, restart your console.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post