The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Razum-dar text bug

drmandarin
After completing Storm on the Horizon, when speaking to Razum-dar in Mistral his dialogue text reads: "Without of ..."
Clearly "without of" is incorrect.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the rest of the sentence? What do you think the dialog is supposed to say? Does he speak correctly and is this just a text bug?

I'm thinking this is another example of the bug almost every NPC text is having lately where they say something like "Bergama's" and the text shows "of a Begama" instead, using the New Life Herald's bugged text for the Signal Fire Sprint quest dialog as an example, as if it was poorly translated into spanish then back to english for absolutely no reason. There is another thread I started about that here.
    Options
  • drmandarin
    It doesn't matter what the rest of the sentence is; "without of" is never correct. The context that I have given in the bug report is enough for the developers to identify the offending passage.

It should be clear from the bug report what the dialogue should say. By making of italic, I have highlighted for the hard of thinking the fact that the word of is misplaced and should be removed.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drmandarin wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what the rest of the sentence is; "without of" is never correct. The context that I have given in the bug report is enough for the developers to identify the offending passage.

Yes, but that could be in many lines of text or in response to a specific dialog choice. Also it helps to see the rest of the sentence to be able to figure out what he should say.

You also did not post whether or not the voice over is correct or also has the wrong word inserted.
    Don't forget that khajiit make a lot of grammar errors due to just talking weird, like a non-native english speaker.
    Options
  • drmandarin
    Having specified that it happens after completing a particular quest, there is enough information to go on and for dev to find it. If there are multiple occasions where it occurs in that context, they should all be fixed as it is never correct. Once again, having italicised of it's clear that the same text, but omitting of, is what should be used.
    If the voiceover were incorrect I would have specified that. It is not.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drmandarin wrote: »
    Having specified that it happens after completing a particular quest, there is enough information to go on and for dev to find it. If there are multiple occasions where it occurs in that context, they should all be fixed as it is never correct. Once again, having italicised of it's clear that the same text, but omitting of, is what should be used.
    If the voiceover were incorrect I would have specified that. It is not.

Well, there is a far more common bug this could be is why I asked what the rest of the dialog was.

I have seen where they should be showing ownership by placing an apostrophe and s at the end of a name and instead have "poorly translated" it to read as "of a (name)" instead. That could account for the text bug you see and is all because of a procedural program, not a simple matter of a single dialog change.

For example, he could have said "Without Pelidil's leadership, the sea elves will leave" which would change to "Without of a Pelidil leadership, the sea elves will leave" and make the same exact bug you see.
    That is why context is important. This would not be a simple "inserted incorrect word" but a mishandled possessive suffix that is also evident in many other dialog windows.
    Options