Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trait and enchatment for resto staff?

ascan7
ascan7
✭✭✭
Which are some good enchantment and traits setup for an healer's restoration staff? Both for PvE and PvP
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PvE I use charged or decisive with shock enchant for more offbalance. Infused with weakening/crusher enchant is also a good option.

For PvP I use nirnhoned with weakening enchant or resource drain poisons if I want to be tryhard.
    Edited by FakeFox on December 26, 2017 3:31PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE only here. I use powered for trait and the enchantment that does some damage while giving you back magicka. I'm pretty pleased with it.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really should be running either precise or powered trait to boost healing output.

FakeFox wrote: »
    For PvE I use charged or decisive with shock enchant for more offbalance. Infused with weakening/crusher enchant is also a good option.

For PvP I use nirnhoned with weakening enchant or resource drain poisons if I want to be tryhard.

Off-heals setups that add DPS are fine if you’re not intending to do end game content.

Group (4-player) dungeons are an excellent example of an instance where off-heals is sometimes better than regular heals ... especially if the rest of the group is experienced. Solo PvP would be another good example.

As a healer, you want to add DPS to help the group where you can ... but not through the primary trait of your restoration staff.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 26, 2017 7:21PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You really should be running either precise or powered trait to boost healing output.

Off-heals setups that add DPS are fine if you’re not intending to do end game content.

Group (4-player) dungeons are an excellent example of an instance where off-heals is sometimes better than regular heals ... especially if the rest of the group is experienced. Solo PvP would be another good example.

As a healer, you want to add DPS to help the group where you can ... but not through the primary trait of your restoration staff.

In end game content you are 100% expected to do things to boost your groups damage, such as running a shock enchant with lightning wall to give off-balance.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    In end game content you are 100% expected to do things to boost your groups damage, such as running a shock enchant with lightning wall to give off-balance.

On your backbar, yes, with a lightning staff. Not (necessarily) on the frontbar on your restoration staff. :) I use Powered too, with Spell Damage enchantment.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

End game content is not just limited to PvE either ... though I suppose it was inevitable that we'd get this kind of tunnel-visioned post.

For PvP you are 100% expected to heal the PvP raid and have adequate self-defense. Buffing the group is a plus, but only after the first two items are covered.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 26, 2017 8:34PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

End game content is not just limited to PvE either ... though I suppose it was inevitable that we'd get this kind of tunnel-visioned post.

For PvP you are 100% expected to heal the PvP raid and have adequate self-defense. Buffing the group is a plus, but only after the first two items are covered.

That's true... I did just wrongfully dismiss PvP as part of end game content, my apologies. And while your last sentence is true for both PvP and PvE it's much harder to keep yourself and your group alive in PvP, where the healer will be focused by competent groups.

Edited for clarity.
    Edited by Danksta on December 26, 2017 9:53PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    So Nirnhoned/Powered and Shock Enchant or Spell Damage Enchant?
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id go powered resto with weakening/spelldmg enchant and backbar charged destro with lightning enchant