The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recommended Add-ons for PvP

Hibiki54
Hibiki54
✭✭✭
I'm going to be doing more PvP in 2018. I normally just do the Caltrop or Warhorn grind. Any recommended add-ons?
@Hibiki54
PC/NA
Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miat's PvP Alerts.

*waiting for incoming hate* :)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna endorse Miat's cuz you'll get a lot of crap for using it, and it just takes out a lot skill for pvp. I do recommend Kill Counter, though. It keeps track of the AP you've made, who's killed you, which enemy players died around you, which players you've killed, if you get the killing blow, and it also shows what resources/keeps are actively being taken.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    dont listen to the miats hate. everyone complaining about that is just an angry snipe spammer zergling that is mad cos his no skill one trick pony build doesnt work anymore and they lack the brain capacity to come up with anything else.

shots fired.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    dont listen to the miats hate. everyone complaining about that is just an angry snipe spammer zergling that is mad cos his no skill one trick pony build doesnt work anymore and they lack the brain capacity to come up with anything else.

shots fired.

Miat´s is bad for the game and makes playing anything utilizing ranged attacks less enjoyable.

But as long as that functionality is existent within the legal limits of the addon API it would be foolish to not use it - as most people you encounter nowadays will.

On topic:
    I´d recommend:
    Miats pvp alerts
    Miats CC tracker
    scootworks shield (if you use a class that utilized shields)
    killcounter
    pvp meter
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t give into using miats. People who use it are obvious and it’s pathetic.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used to run miats, but decided to delete it ... having a lot more fun now with out it ... without it you need to have the situational awareness that it automatically gives you... and i for one enjoy having to anticipate whats coming
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Don’t give into using miats. People who use it are obvious and it’s pathetic.

We´re talking about someone who has barely pvped before.

It´s not pathetic - it´s the way the game is at the moment. Advising someone to put themselve at a disadvantage against a large part of the playerbase out of some questionable personal moral decisions is bad advice.
    <Noricum>

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play on console. Nothing tells you when to roll or block.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyroHud hasn’t been mentioned yet, let’s you know where keeps/resources are under attack, i.e. where the action is.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Hibiki54
    Hibiki54
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not new to PvP. I did it exclusively when the game originally launched. I did not do it as much when I returned to this game after the first quarter of 2017 besides grinding Alliance tree for Caltrops, Purge and Warhorn.

Also, I am aware of Miat's add-on. I've seen the arguments trying to compare that to Raidnotifier, which I personally believe is a stupid comparison. And yes, I do think that Miat's addon is essentially cheating because it is in a competitive (in the sense of direct Player vs Player) environment. But I'm not going to handicap myself against people who are using something that is 100% legal to use. And the addon will be useless when ZOS eventually changes the API access for Cyrodiil instances.

To get back on topic, I'm mainly looking for recommendations for add-ons that help with information and why people are using them. It seems there are a few to choose from but the authors do not go into enough detail on their addons.
    @Hibiki54
    PC/NA
    Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
    Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
    Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
    Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
    Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
    Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
    Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hibiki54 wrote: »
    Also, I am aware of Miat's add-on. I've seen the arguments trying to compare that to Raidnotifier, which I personally believe is a stupid comparison. And yes, I do think that Miat's addon is essentially cheating because it is in a competitive (in the sense of direct Player vs Player) environment.

If leaderboard placements mean anything to you raidnotifier also directly enhances performance in a player vs player (group vs group) competition.

Raid notifier devalues the achievement in completing difficult content.
    <Noricum>

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ... Ditch pc come to console no add on required just player skill

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat’s has a lot more to it than just the attack notifications. Even if you don’t want the cheesy part, download miat’s And use the rest of the add on. The 3D graphics for keeps and the icon for group leader are especially useful.

You can also get “kill counter” to keep track of kills
    Buff timers helps you keep track of important buffs
    “Show global cooldown” will show you visually what your GCD is.
    I use votan’s minimap also
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    lao wrote: »

shots fired.

Miat´s is bad for the game and makes playing anything utilizing ranged attacks less enjoyable.

But as long as that functionality is existent within the legal limits of the addon API it would be foolish to not use it - as most people you encounter nowadays will.

On topic:
    I´d recommend:
    Miats pvp alerts
    Miats CC tracker
    scootworks shield (if you use a class that utilized shields)
    killcounter
    pvp meter

Scoot works shield? Not familiar with this one, me being away from my comp and minion could you enlighten me as to what this addon does?