The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Store Gifting

Niobium
Niobium
✭✭✭✭
Why is this not a thing?

I would like to be able to buy items via the Crown Store in order to gift them to my online friends - and Christmas seemed like the perfect time to introduce such a thing.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe you can only gift the crowns themselves not the items, from what I been told
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on December 26, 2017 8:44AM
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can gift any item available in the Crown Store, but not crowns (nor Crown Crates) themselves I don't believe.

Thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/363871/concierge-service/p1
    Hi all,

Here are some steps to help you submit a Support ticket to take advantage of this program. If you have questions about the program, you can ask them in your Support ticket.
    1. First visit our Support portal here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/
    2. Log into your account (you must do this step, or the next steps will not work)
    3. Click on the Web Assistant on the right side of the page
    4. Choose any Platform
    5. Select In-Game Support, then Item Issue, then Crown Store Purchase
    6. In your ticket description, please mention the Crown Store item you are interested in purchasing. Please note: We can only assist with items that are live in the Crown Store. If the item is a gift for another player, please provide the recipient's UserID/Gamertag/PSN ID, or the email address associated with their game account.
    7. Then select "Email Response" and you will get a confirmation message that your ticket has been submitted, along with your ticket number.
    8. We usually answer tickets within 24 to 72 hours.

• Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    That seems so convoluted.

A drop down menu in the crown store saying Gift To: then a list of your friends or a place to type in another name. Eliminate the need to put in a Support Ticket and no three day wait time.

None of that is even mentioned in the Crown Store (the first and last place I looked because really, if I want to gift something from the Crown Store, that's the place I'm looking - not placing a Support Ticket).

8 steps to send a present to someone in game.... and not even accessible from within the game itself.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is convoluted. Very, very convoluted.

The service, still being in its beta phase, isn't mentioned anywhere because, well, it isn't a full-on package yet. For now we are still required to jump through the ridiculous hoops to get from "I want to buy my friend a [insert item here]" to your friend saying, "OMG, I just got a gift!"

I've used the "service" 4 or 5 times since they sent out the email last summer, but it's kinda a tricky thing to get the ticket created. Once received, they auto-respond with the generic ticket comment. Later a "personal" response will be sent that says it's being escalated to the appropriate department.

To my knowledge there is only one CS representative handling the Concierge Service at this time, a lovely individual by the name of Mykael. (Not sure if this is a male or female, but that's a non-point, really.) Mykael is very helpful, very responsive, and has handled every request I've sent without much issue. Mykael did tell me in one of our first interactions that there were "several things" being worked on with the service, all in the efforts of getting the bugs worked out I assume, before it goes live.

Still, it's very nice to be able to give a friend a present. I gave my guildie the Christmas pony. It arrived on Christmas Eve. I did have to go to great lengths to get it to her before she bought it for herself, however, and in doing so I ruined the surprise of it. Regardless, it gave me warm fuzzies and she is happy with the horse.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a bit complex and convoluted, but the beta process does work. Actually, the service was pretty great if not fully formed.

Hats off to ZoS for trying to move this one forward.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they may be hesitant due to begging if it was easy.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may seem convoluted but it's really not hard to do, and Mykael who handles these transactions is a rock star.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not saying it's hard, just that it's a very convoluted way to simply gift an item to another player. Not only that, there is absolutely no mention of it in the one place it should be - The Crown Store.

A drop down menu or something to gift Item X to Player Y would be far better than needing to open support tickets , pile on more work to actual staff members (when something could be written to remove the human element altogether) and then have to wait up to 3 days to have the item manually sent to another person. All in which time the person you're trying to gift to might have just bought it themselves.

It's cool they're thinking about it.. just better ways of going about it than they are currently doing.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    It is possible to gift crowns or items...you just have to be cool enough to have it done! There is a way to buy crowns and get a code you give to the other person so they get them on their account. Guild masters CAN get crown items to gift to people as well, but you have to contact someone at ZOS to set that up.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stop calling it "gifting", and call it what it really is. Buying crown items with money and then selling those items for gold.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide some clarification about the email referred to in this discussion thread. It is a legitimate email and program through our Support team, designed to help players purchase and gift available Crown Store items and ESO Plus to friends. This program is still in early stages, so we have not yet opened it up to everyone but anyone can join it. If you would like to be added to this program, simply submit a Support ticket with the request.

The most recent email went out early before we were able to verify all the item specifics. We do know that there was one bit of incorrect information. There was mention of a Crown Store Housing item sale that is not happening. We are working to improve our process to ensure all information we send to you is correct.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Is this still a thing? I would absolutely LOVE to gift something to my wife on our anniversary Thursday.

If I understand, it comes out of my crown balance, but the item would go to her, right? Does she get notified in some special way?

Thanks!
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Just stop calling it "gifting", and call it what it really is. Buying crown items with money and then selling those items for gold.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, @Ackwalan. I have "gifted" several items to more than one friend. Not in exchange for gold or as some kind of barter system in any way. A gift is a gift, and that's what this service allowed me to provide to my in-game friends.

Sure, there is the potential for this process to be abused - just as every other player-to-player transaction that exists in the game already has that potential - but to reduce this to "all gifts are sleazy trades" is both inaccurate and condescending.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, @Ackwalan. I have "gifted" several items to more than one friend. Not in exchange for gold or as some kind of barter system in any way. A gift is a gift, and that's what this service allowed me to provide to my in-game friends.

Sure, there is the potential for this process to be abused - just as every other player-to-player transaction that exists in the game already has that potential - but to reduce this to "all gifts are sleazy trades" is both inaccurate and condescending.

swish

De645.gif

I have a bud that I want to buy the dungeon DLCs for. We've wanted to run them on hardmode vet for a while but he never has money when crowns go on sale and he doesn't want to pay full price. You guys know if you can gift DLC in this program?
    PC-NA Goat
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like that this is offered, and am currently awaiting a gift being sent from myself to my boyfriend at the moment, but surely it would be easier to be able to just gift items through the store itself?
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

I have a bud that I want to buy the dungeon DLCs for. We've wanted to run them on hardmode vet for a while but he never has money when crowns go on sale and he doesn't want to pay full price. You guys know if you can gift DLC in this program?

I do not know the answer to that, @Phage, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible. I mean, the rule I've been following is basically if it's in the Crown Store, and to date those items have all been vanity items (costumes, pets, etc.), but there's no detail stating DLC cannot be given as a gift to another player. That said, I think it's probably possible.

Best way to find out is to follow the convoluted steps, submit a request/ticket, and see if Mykael can assist you with the purchase of the DLC as a gift for your friend. Let us know how it goes!

LadyAstrum wrote: »
    I really like that this is offered, and am currently awaiting a gift being sent from myself to my boyfriend at the moment, but surely it would be easier to be able to just gift items through the store itself?

Agreed, @LadyAstrum. I think that's the goal. Still in "beta" mode currently, but I think the more people that use it and provide feedback on ways to improve its general function and interface, the more likely we will be to see it roll out as an actual service/product offering.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niobium wrote: »
    Not saying it's hard, just that it's a very convoluted way to simply gift an item to another player. Not only that, there is absolutely no mention of it in the one place it should be - The Crown Store.

A drop down menu or something to gift Item X to Player Y would be far better than needing to open support tickets , pile on more work to actual staff members (when something could be written to remove the human element altogether) and then have to wait up to 3 days to have the item manually sent to another person. All in which time the person you're trying to gift to might have just bought it themselves.

It's cool they're thinking about it.. just better ways of going about it than they are currently doing.

People need to understand that building the interface comes AFTER building the functional code itself.

Think of it like building a car. First you get the engine to work properly and then AFTER that you build the dashboard.
    Xbox NA
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    People need to understand that building the interface comes AFTER building the functional code itself.

Think of it like building a car. First you get the engine to work properly and then AFTER that you build the dashboard.

That's the thing though, exactly.

Right now they aren't building anything. This is nothing more than a support ticket and an item transfer. That's it.

I would love for them to build an engine and a dashboard and maybe even some funky lights.

But they don't even know they're building a car. They don't even have schematics.

I'm simply saying "Hey, I want a new way to get around town and hey maybe something like this will work."
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just allow us to trade items instead? Keep it simple pplz! =P
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    Niobium wrote: »

You can confirm crown store gifting is being worked on then? And I don't mean via customer support. If so, then that's great.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭

You can confirm crown store gifting is being worked on then? And I don't mean via customer support. If so, then that's great.

Pretty sure none of us, as non-employees of ZOS, can answer that question definitively or with any level of certainty - we can merely speculate and speak from experience. Seems more like a question for @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom (I don't see a @ZOS_Mykael on the list anywhere!), so hopefully one of them will chime in with an "official" response on this subject. :smile:
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who has gifted stuff, what info does the recipient see? I'd like to gift stuff, but I don't want all my personal details (full name, address, email, etc) revealed. I'm fine with a notice for the recipient that has my @gameID.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure none of us, as non-employees of ZOS, can answer that question definitively or with any level of certainty - we can merely speculate and speak from experience. Seems more like a question for @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom (I don't see a @ZOS_Mykael on the list anywhere!), so hopefully one of them will chime in with an "official" response on this subject. :smile:

I was just replying to the fact he or she said: "People need to understand..." which means, if no such interface has been mentioned or isn't in the works, then their point is moot and I and the other person he or she quoted don't need to understand anything.

In-built gifting function on the crown store itself would be quicker, and probably make ZoS more money as a result. If there is only one person doing this service, then it would be better for them too if this was an automated service.
    I've played games where such a function was possible, why does ESO have to be so backward in coming forward on so many QoL functions.

My boyfriend attempted to gift me a surprise item, but sadly, I purchased the item before customer service could even respond. Anyway, I know I'm wasting my time desiring such a function. I've been playing nearly three months and love the game though I do, it's clear functions such as this aren't its strong point.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 28, 2017 9:14AM