The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character goals

blumac81
blumac81
I'm curious, considering how many things there are to do in this game, do you set specific goals for your toons? If you do, do you set those goals for all of your alts (i.e. get MA done) or on an individual toon basis.

None of my characters have completed MA or DSA yet, as well as a few vet dungeons and trials. However I find that in the end game the AvA pvp is far more rewarding than PvE content. I kinda see PvE content as a means to get the gear I need. So sometimes I set goals to just farm for the certain gear the toon needs. But you know it is the new year and as we are making resolutions for our real life selves why not make them for our eso toons... haha.

So how do you guys prioritize goals on your toons, quite curious. Thanks and happy holidays <3
PC (NA) ~ @blumac81 ~ CP 696

~ Katilyn Macando 50 Altmer Sorcerer (DC PvP Vivec/ PvE / Master Crafter) ~
~ Ra'Mazzik Macando 50 Khajit DragonKnight (DC PvE Tank / PvP BG'er) ~
~ Junie Cakes Macando 50 Orc Warden (DC PvE Healer / PvP BG'er) ~
~ Mastigia 50 Dunmer Nightblade (EP PvE Master Thief / PvP Gankblade) ~
~ Licks-All-Wounds 50 Argonian Templar (AD PvE/PvP Healer) ~

GUILDS: (LF Guilds)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run different characters in different content.

I've got my Vestige, my Dunmer MagDK tank and PVP healer, and her goal is to eventually finish Cadwell's Gold. I'm about halfway through it despite having played since the game became buy to play. Oh, and Master Angler too.

I've got my Dark Brotherhood Silencer, a Breton Stam Sorc whose goal is to get the Mogul achievement for stealing and fencing a ton of stuff.

I've got my latest, a stam warden for PVP whose goal is to be effective in my PVP raid and as a solo player. I started her a couple of weeks ago, so I've got a lot of learning to do.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a Stamina Warden (I switched to PS4 in March, so had to start all over) and the end goal for that character is to accomplish as much of everything as possible. I've done the major bulk of my questing, dungeons, bosses, dlc content with him. I've destroyed every dark anchor and general with him, and plan to get all the skyshards with him eventually as well.

Then there's my alts. They each have their own identity and short term goals.

My "drunken" DK orc is the first and only one I've done the kingmaker achievement with, and I'm building him up to potentially be my first tank.

I have a Nord DK that's sort of in this limbo of dps trying to turn tank, with no direction quest line wise. He was the first I took down molag bal with on the PS4 and I've done nothing with since.

My magicka warden, modeled after my soon to be wife, was the first to do most of the Vvardenfell content and hasn't left the island once.

I have a dark elf nightblade version of my main character, with the intent of making him a full blown dark brotherhood member, while my Khajiit stamina nightblade will be the thieves guild and treasure chest seeker (all my treasure maps are stored on it for now).

I have a few other alts with directional ideas sort of in mind, but I let them take a direction all their own as I play.

The main however always follows sensible paths. If I start a zone quest line, I finish it to a logical "stopping" point before moving elsewhere.

I try to envision personalities for them all and take them to what would fit best. My argonian healer will be joining the mages guild quest line, for example.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have...I guess...twelve vets.

My main I use to get everything...earn all the achievements, unlock colors, learn motifs, earn alliance war ranks. He’s done pretty much every quest in the game.

I bring my alts in to play where I want a change or versatility. Sometimes a different class is just fun to run for a while. I run every character through “boot camp.” They level their class and weapons lines, clear all the public dungeons and dolmens, and earn enough skill points to unlock most of their trees. Then I get them to vet, equip them, and run what seems fun with them. I quest with them if I feel nostalgic for something. Like it’s been two years since I did Wrothgar, and I remember liking that story. So I might pick an alt I’m having fun with (probably my stam sorc) and run him through it.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... good question.

I sorta picture most of my characters as tangentially connected to each other. Most of the higher level ones enjoy doing the Undaunted (only a couple usually do vet); especially with respect to Spindleclutch 1, I think of it as the undaunted are also "vestiges" and "we all know" that those daedra keep respawning (and I love to hate that Whisperer).

A few are serious crafters, Hisa Ni Caemaire (one of a pair of altmer magsorc twins) wants to learn every craft, as does her ... sort of brother in law (long story) Mol gro Durga.

Broken Branch Toothmaul wants to max out blacksmithing (well, there always seem to be multiple blacksmith stations in goblin lairs) and eventually get a few different attuned blacksmithing stations (and a dye station) for her Goblin Lair of Power (otherwise known as Humblemud)

All of my characters have enjoyed meeting Raz, working as an Eye of the Queen (I do Kenarthi's Roost on everyone, I just really like it).

So far I haven't found a character that has been interested in the thieves or assassin's skill line/quests, but I suppose that will come.

Mol gro Durga and his beloved wife Fianna Kingsley gro Durga (played by my spouse) are working through the Orisinium quests.

So yeah, I run them as individuals, mostly.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis