The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

do you have to go by an undaunted enclave to "officially" pick up a pledge before running a dungeon?

shaddomoth
shaddomoth
Soul Shriven
If you do a dungeon that turns out to be a pledge for that day, can you still get credit for it at an enclave? I.e. keys, etc.
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you have to pick up the pledge first.
    pc na | trash tier
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shaddomoth wrote: »
    If you do a dungeon that turns out to be a pledge for that day, can you still get credit for it at an enclave? I.e. keys, etc.

Yes. The pledge is a (daily) quest. You have to pick up the quest first, then fulfill the quest objectives (kill 2-3 particular bosses, always including the last one), then turn the quest in, in that order.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not sure why they haven't made the pledge quests shareable though. It would be a huge QOL convenience.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do the Dungeon first, then get the Pledge from the Quest Giver, it won't count, and you'll have to do the Dungeon all over again in order to turn it in.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you can do dungeons any time

However if you want to earn undaunted keys then yes you need the pledge and like any quests you need to have it on you to complete it for the key reward
    Edited by SugaComa on December 23, 2017 9:06AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm really not sure why they haven't made the pledge quests shareable though. It would be a huge QOL convenience.

I would say it would be too "exploitable" otherwise. You could "safe" a few of them on twinks and acquire multiple keys a day by cross-sharing those. Defeats the purpose of having us grind equipment slowly.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

I would say it would be too "exploitable" otherwise. You could "safe" a few of them on twinks and acquire multiple keys a day by cross-sharing those. Defeats the purpose of having us grind equipment slowly.

then maybe put the pledge giver at the beginning of the dungeon?
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

How do you share a quest with an alt?

@jphipps85b14_ESO1 QL features that don't cost $ in eso? teehee
    Edited by Goshua on December 23, 2017 10:36AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 pledges per character per day seems like enough to me. That's a potential of 2-6 keys/character daily, depending upon how strong you and your character are.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »

You share it with a friend and relog with the alt. Or go to the undaunted and get the quests then never do them, that way you would always have those quests to bring into a group.

There used to be a glitch with the quests in Cyrodiil and the Blue Road Keep capture quest would work for capturing any keep, it was exploited heavily. When you have a group of people it's easy to push quests around so you always have a person who can share it.

I imagine with pledges it would go something like 4 people queue for a random, whatever dungeon it happens to be somebody will drop group and pull in an alt with the pledge quest, then switch back to their main. Rinse and repeat all day long. Keys and XP for days.
    [DC/NA]
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

You share it with a friend and relog with the alt. Or go to the undaunted and get the quests then never do them, that way you would always have those quests to bring into a group.

There used to be a glitch with the quests in Cyrodiil and the Blue Road Keep capture quest would work for capturing any keep, it was exploited heavily. When you have a group of people it's easy to push quests around so you always have a person who can share it.

I imagine with pledges it would go something like 4 people queue for a random, whatever dungeon it happens to be somebody will drop group and pull in an alt with the pledge quest, then switch back to their main. Rinse and repeat all day long. Keys and XP for days.

That sounds like way too much work for 2 keys. Considering you can just do those pledge dungeons on those alts too, there is still plenty of ways to get a lot of keys every day. I don't think making the quests shareable would really create a key acquiring exploit.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like way too much work for 2 keys. Considering you can just do those pledge dungeons on those alts too, there is still plenty of ways to get a lot of keys every day. I don't think making the quests shareable would really create a key acquiring exploit.

It's more a problem of being able to repeat those two key quests on the same character over and over. The other 13 characters holding quests could all be naked mules.

Also, sharing the pledges with characters under 45 probably added to the reason to make them not shareable.
    [DC/NA]
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more a problem of being able to repeat those two key quests on the same character over and over. The other 13 characters holding quests could all be naked mules.

Also, sharing the pledges with characters under 45 probably added to the reason to make them not shareable.

Being able to accept the shared pledge quest would have the minimum requirements in place of course, level range etc. But I really still think there is a fairly simple way of making them shareable without also allowing them to be exploited.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

ok, as I said, they're rather just make life inconvenient but work-around-able, so why do they make it just a pain in the ass?