Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Steel Tornado is Dodgeable

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since this ability is an AOE it should follow the same rules as other AOE.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this game is in need for even more undoggeable stuff

</sarcasm>
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It misses some enemies also, noticed it whilst grinding last night. For whatever reason, enemies in the 9-12 o'clock position don't register damage, no damage numbers at least.
    PC EU
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

</sarcasm>

Just want things to be consistent. If Impulse isn't dodgeable why should Steel tornado be?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

</sarcasm>

Just want things to be consistent. If Impulse isn't dodgeable why should Steel tornado be?

Because EotS is unblockable while Northern Storm is...

Edit: or like Flies isn't a DoT

Reasons
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 22, 2017 5:54PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

</sarcasm>

Reasons

Those are all things that should also be addressed but it doesn't mean this post is null and void.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

</sarcasm>

I think the argument is mag abilities have more utility at cost of upfront damage and additional resource cost (and by role-play intent require more concentration than throwing a weapon):

- Steel tornado (specifically whirling blades) does extra dmg if the enemy is stunned/off balance and extra dmg if the enemy is in execute range in addition to doing extra low health dmg while dealing dmg with a dual weld ability. It also gives you major endurance boosting your stamina regen by 20% for 10 seconds. Dual weld skill line also gives 3 extra weapon types to round out your build, with a major expedition/bleed effects and higher weapon dmg on the actual weapons. 2971 Base cost/ 1566 Physical Damage base.

- Impulse (specifically pulsar) only does 10% extra penetration, no execute bonus and has a slim chance to proc status effects due to the aoe proc %. Though you have 100% increased chance to proc a status effect using the destro staff which includes using pulsar. You get magika returned only when the enemy dies, and 8% extra dmg to aoe if using the lighting staff. low damage of staff weapon. 3240 Base cost/ 3968 Magic Damage base

Combined with the fact spell dmg is not easily stackable compared to weapon dmg, its fair to say magika based AOE spells are undodgable to make up for the upfront dmg loss and loss of AOE execute dmg in pvp. I'd say they are fairly balanced, with exception that I think dual weld sword passive needs a buff.

Side note: force pulse is violating its rule for instant cast abilities. They claim it's a beam attack so therefore it should have some extra utility (un-reflected), but you aren't stuck in a channel or cast time and the spell is fairly AC friendly. They need to revert it back to being reflect-able in pvp due to the fact its very easy to connect that attack while also being a ranged spamable that can proc 3 status effects at once.

Edit:
    damage above for each spell was used in a build editor that was setup for a mag toon. disregard the dmg since the scaling is skewed.
    Edited by Minno on December 22, 2017 6:07PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

</sarcasm>

Reasons

Those are all things that should also be addressed but it doesn't mean this post is null and void.

I don't think they're "broken" I think it's just how they want them to be.

I.e. flies is intended to not be a DoT
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All physical aoe are dodgeable or were till they decided for some reasons they should not be dodgeable like leap or dawnbreaker.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impulse is in dodgeable because it's a wave of elemental explosion. Whirlwind are some daggers thrown at you. It's only logical that you could dodge daggers..
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Impulse is in dodgeable because it's a wave of elemental explosion. Whirlwind are some daggers thrown at you. It's only logical that you could dodge daggers..

With the new ruling on AOE done last year

All AoE attacks blanket an entire area in negative effect there fore should not be dodgeable within there range. This was done at the same time as dragon leap being undodgeable. Therefore it should (but Zos logic) be undodgeable
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS update 2.7.2 states Aoe should NOT be dodgeable

So why is Steel Tornado

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Koolio on December 22, 2017 8:17PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So why is Steel Tornado

You're not wrong... But are at the same time... Kinda like waiting for mystery boxes
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So why is Steel Tornado

You're not wrong... But are at the same time... Kinda like waiting for mystery boxes

Been waiting for a year for a fix to healing ward. Now 1 month on shadow image
    Acknowledgment of Siphoning attacks bug

I don't mind the wait lol
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also arrow spray ;)
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

</sarcasm>

you want things consistent? Then why the warden bird is undoggeable? Is not a channel nor an AoE, even the stamina version is undoggeable. Not directly related to steel tornado, but it shows that ZoS will go agaisn't consistency when they see it fit (even if it is stupid...)
    Edited by ManDraKE on December 23, 2017 4:10PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might help to provide a video or something.

I was not aware this was dodgable because I thought ZoS made it clear that AoEs weren't supposed to be.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for the day that spamming steel tornado in pvp was cool again. Perhaps this is the post that will provide the catalyst for the change for this to happen :D
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for the day that spamming steel tornado in pvp was cool again. Perhaps this is the post that will provide the catalyst for the change for this to happen :D

I forgot all about spin-n-win
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot all about spin-n-win

Ahhh simpler times
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @The_Brosteen it's already cool. If this gets fixed, it will just make it cooler.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on we don't need more abilities with no counter play.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So why is Steel Tornado

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So why is Steel Tornado

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Koolio on January 16, 2018 4:26PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another bug fixed. Thx @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically how would you dodge a steel tornado? Lol
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on January 30, 2018 1:36AM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically how would you dodge a steel tornado? Lol

LIKE A BOSS

giphy.gif
    Edited by ForsakenSin on January 30, 2018 2:23AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might help to provide a video or something.

I was not aware this was dodgable because I thought ZoS made it clear that AoEs weren't supposed to be.

Its not that its dodged, more like doesn't register (i.e. there isn't a "dogded" or "miss" hit showing up). This does happen with mobs while 3 of them drop as expected, the fourth one, beeing the one closest to you (basically nibbling-on-your-toes close) just didn't receive any damage. But I always supposed this is more a problem with collision calculation (on NPCs) then whirwind (and its morphs).

edited for clarification
    Edited by Elsterchen on January 30, 2018 3:20AM