The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Abilty to Set Minimum CP For Vet and DLC Dungeons

blackweb
blackweb
✭✭✭✭
I am seeing a lot of double-digit (under 100) CP characters queueing for Vet and DLC dungeons:
  • Healers who cant keep up
  • Squishy tanks
  • DPS who cant

And then they expect to be carried through the dungeons. They often die so much during boss fights, that they spend more time down than up during boss fights. Anyone who has been playing ESO for a long time knows what I am talking about.

ZoS Devs,

Please add the ability for the group leader to set minimum CP level for all vet and DLC dungeons when queueing.

Blackweb
Leader of the Phoenix Battalion Multi-Gaming Community
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was a correlation with more CP meaning more skill/better player, your suggestion would make sense and work, but unfortunately this isn´t the case....
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-one can use the dungeon finder to queue for a Vet DLC or the harder version 2 dungeons under CP 160 anymore.

Also, the group leader can set the minimum CP for a group by forming it themselves.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, you are not. It's now impossible to queue for vet dlc's at <160 cp.

Also, as someone who has also been playing - and running and pugging vet dungeons - for a very long time I can confidently say the correlation between level/cp and skill/ability to complete dungeon is very low. Yes, cp 37 is unlikely to pull 20-30k+ dps, but 9/10 cp 300+ "dps" from groupfinder also fail at that so what's the point?

Also a lot of lowbies actually expect to learn something and are willing to listen. Cp 300-500+ now who STILL haven't found out there's such a thing called rotation - those are usually hopeless and expecting a carry.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im agreeing with above responses, I've seen many cp capped players struggle to survive or deal damage. I had a mDK DPS who kept dying on Xal-Nur in vRoM, and I asked him if he was using a damage shield during scream phase to which his response was 'whats that', guy was running shacklebreaker medium on a pve toon.
    My point is that the real problem is the lack of education in this game. I proceeded to take him to my House, jump on my dk and talk him through the build and rotation.

Personally I find vet DLC dungeons to be my favourite content but unfortunately for the most part they are un-puggable. So I agree with the OP that it is a huge problem, but their solution won't solve it.
    I think that DLC dungeons shouldnt come up in randoms at all, they are not for the ill-experienced and so many times have I joined a half finished failure group or at the very start have someone leave because they are like 'screw that'. Or you should at least have specificly queued and completed each dlc before it is available in random.

To anyone who's solution is 'dont pug vet dungeons'.......you are correct, however. Sometimes friends and guildies arent on and I want to do a random dungeon but not on normal because it's too easy.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    If there was a correlation with more CP meaning more skill/better player, your suggestion would make sense and work, but unfortunately this isn´t the case....

Not talking about skill, CP is the only measure of basic competence we have. May not be a good one is all cases but it is all we have.
  • notmeta
    notmeta
    ✭✭✭
    i'd like to see where players of around the same cp play together as a new player it's a horrible feeling when you get kicked from a group in random queue before the dungeon even starts even at 300cp they don't even give you a chance to show your worth.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psykult wrote: »
    i'd like to see where players of around the same cp play together as a new player it's a horrible feeling when you get kicked from a group in random queue before the dungeon even starts even at 300cp they don't even give you a chance to show your worth.

this is a double edge sword though, whilst there's no correlation between CP and Ability the less CP you have the less potential you have due to less resources below 300CP and damage dealing/mitigation boosts. So only having lower CP play with lower CP you might end up getting kicked less but possibly making it harder to complete the content.

I dont see an issue in being paired with a 200CP DPS, heal or tank as long as they contribute, don't continually die or spam light attacks. No Vet outwith DLC's require that much effort anyways. The issue your facing with people just kicking without even trying is just ignorant players who are probably so poor themselves they can't be confident in doing the content. I'm not sure ZoS can do much to account for that one.

For anyone frustrated with the group finder the easiest way around it though is get good guild and form your own

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackweb wrote: »
    I am seeing a lot of double-digit (under 100) CP characters queueing for Vet and DLC dungeons:
    • Healers who cant keep up
    • Squishy tanks
    • DPS who cant

And then they expect to be carried through the dungeons. They often die so much during boss fights, that they spend more time down than up during boss fights. Anyone who has been playing ESO for a long time knows what I am talking about.

ZoS Devs,

Please add the ability for the group leader to set minimum CP level for all vet and DLC dungeons when queueing.

Blackweb
    Leader of the Phoenix Battalion Multi-Gaming Community

you can do this. form your group first. simples. no coding required. just requires you to put in a little effort. And then all those people who do not measure upto your standard are not even affected.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny... A couple weeks ago, when I was leveling my character on PC after switching from Xbox, when I was CP70ish, I PUGed a radom vet dungeon.

Everyone was CP690 aside from me. 3 DPS 1 Tank. I did 47% of the total DPS. And I didn't even have proper gear (it was still CP10). So yeah, CP doesn't mean anything at all.

Now I'm CP690 and doing 80%+ of the total DPS in most pugs.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I've got monster helms from cp20-140 (including a cp 30 skoria helm) (I'm the healer, our dps wasn't high enough to do hardmode (we only got him down to 60% before we were in the lava :p))
    Pre 1T*

Cp discrimination is not the way to go
    Edited by TheNightflame on April 14, 2018 9:37PM
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be bothered with rotations since I get flustered easily with all the fast paced combat that's going on. I just keep forgetting to bar swap to refresh my DoTs or to click light attack before every skill. Lol

Basically, CP is my clutch. Even a 1% extra damage from the blue tree is still DPS. Tbh, I couldn't solo a single world boss until I got to CP 600. So I have to disagree with players who say CP doesn't matter at all.
    Edited by munster1404 on January 4, 2018 12:32PM