The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loosing accomplishments with Skill point reset

Tieberion
Tieberion
✭✭✭
Google wasn't very clear on this, but I wanted to redo my skill points in some crafting trees. I'm currently 50 in Blacksmith and Enchanting. I want to get rid of what I have put in Clothing and Woodworking for provisioning. If I do a reset, will I lose my 50/50 in Blacksmith and Enchanting? Thank you very much!
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have to put skill points back into the crafting line but you don't have to level it again if that's what you mean.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, that's a lifesaver!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rouven is correct. This also applies to any skill you've leveled up, including morphs.

If you choose a different morph that you had previously not used before you will have to "level" that skill up, while the other morph will retail any experience previously gained if you were to respec again in the future and revert back to your original skill/morph.

With regards to crafting skill lines. Even though you will still have the skill at level 50, if you do not put the requisite skill points back in, you won't be able to craft top-tier items.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Yeah took the plunge with my monthly crown allowance that I had saved up to reset and pick up the frost crafting while I was at it. Merry Christmas all!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to sound condescending, but you do realize you can respec your skills with in-game gold, right?

Your monthly ESO+ crowns are yours to spend how you see fit, but I've always personally felt that my 'real money' (crowns) should only be used for things that I cannot possibly use in-game gold to purchase. Depending on how many skill points you have, you'd probably spend no more than 10-15k gold for a complete respec.

There are respec shrines located in the main capital cities of each alliance where you can respec skills, morphs only, or attribute points for in-game gold. If this is stuff you already knew, then disregard. I'm really not trying to tell you how to play the game, just wanted to make sure you're not spending crowns for an unnecessary game function.

Edited by Feric51 on December 22, 2017 1:44PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    I'm poor and in game was sickening, as me and my buddy did the 0 to cp 120 grind so far by skyshard hunting, we both have over 300 lol.
    Edit: P.S. I'm poor, feel free to send a 3rd world Templar Gold, and don't worry, I'm not a Diedrich prince asking for your horse and buggy address.
    Edited by Tieberion on December 22, 2017 5:53PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What server? I’m on XB NA, I’ll help you out if I can.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer, I'm N/A PC. I'm finding this is really awesome, as the add ons really make the game standout!