The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

New Life Festival Mount & Cap Available in the Crown Store, Dec 21-Jan 2

ZOS_KaiSchober
We know, you're humming "Jingle Bells" right now.

Winter Garland Dapple Gray
fb114330d6c6ac1144d3acc328aadee6.jpg
This festive horse is sure to spread holiday cheer—with bells on! The proud owner of such a steed can be almost assured that they have the handsomest horse in town.

The Winter Garland Dapple Gray costs 2,500 crowns and is available for a limited time on all platforms during the New Life Festival, from December 21 through January 2.

New Life Festival Cap
ae8a8bbc40bffb4bef7f0e55497b87a0.jpg
Celebrate the turning of the year and the return of Magnus the Sun in this festive New Life cap. With a bobbing ball of fur on the end of its tapering blue velvet wimple, everyone will know you're the life of the festival!

The New Life Cap costs 500 crowns and is available for a limited time on all platforms during the New Life Festival, from December 21 through January 2.

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the bells on the horse ring?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I believe that they said that they do on the latest eso live :smile:
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting patiently for the first screenshots.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    970401091af63bd9777eff071daadf8ad79eece3c1e6345df679c4558675320f52286cb9.jpg

04752534711f2356396983fe5774e292b0c5a61d11e1c920339c666df1fe6a8a110a101c.jpg

It looks like my char is missing a leg :sweat_smile:
    Edited by Wolfkeks on December 21, 2017 4:01PM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »

Hm, I don't hear any bells.
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alceleniel wrote: »
    MAEK wrote: »

Hm, I don't hear any bells.

Try effects volume as per here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4725270/#Comment_4725270
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Thank you. Now I can hear the bells ringing but they they are really quiet compared to the other sounds.
    Edited by alceleniel on December 21, 2017 4:36PM
    Options
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    The horse is beautiful, but I won't buy it. I wish it was without the bells.
    Edited by Liley on December 21, 2017 5:29PM
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    I just bought it and I really loved the preview and art of this horse in the run up to it being released however I have run into a few things wrong with it since buying.

1) Those front legs are wonky they almost look as though they are trying to bend back on themselves.

2) When walking, trotting or running two of the straps on the back of the saddle look as though they are detaching and cutting into the grey of the body.

3) The run animation is weird, like the back legs look awesome and pretty gosh darn good compared to the chunkier model but those front legs look like playdough legs (and there is some real bad cutting in on the knees as they bend making the leg so so thin) and those front hooves don't look like they are fully coming into contact with the ground giving a weird "tiptoe effect".

4) The head is just a little too big for the neck and body and looks a little weird to me.

5) When running the tail gets some weird 45 degree angle just down from the base wish is a real unusual look compared to the relative fluid movement of the lower tail.

I dunno if it is just my unfortunate luck and I will be submitting a bug report but figured I should put my findings out there on the forums too. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed and really the horse could have been super special with a bit more care and attention before release. A real shame for a mount that too me had so much potential and offered a change to the base horse model.
    Options
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I have some aesthetic disagreements regarding the mount (no toggle on the garland/bells) I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at the very reasonable pricing. The horse is pretty but I'll sadly be passing since I can't toggle the ornaments, even if the price is super reasonable (in comparison to previous holiday mounts).
    Options
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one doesn’t care you can’t toggle the decorations? This mount is perfect for my simulated snow elf. She’ll be riding this in July. She’ll be jingle jangle jingling along in Sun’s Height in the Alik’r.

Anyway, bells like these were once used year round to signal “ do not step out into the road lest you be trodden upon.“.They also, in theory, brought good luck, warded off evil spirits, or simply showed off wealth and status.

I’m guessing the mount doesn’t affect RNG, and won’t prevent me from getting attacked in spirit infested areas, so I’ll have to go with the latter. :)

Edited by Appleblade on December 21, 2017 10:12PM
    Options
  • Rustyfish101
    Rustyfish101
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    970401091af63bd9777eff071daadf8ad79eece3c1e6345df679c4558675320f52286cb9.jpg

woah woah wait... how and why is your character sitting like that? mine doesn't when i'm on it... is it a mod? err or a bug? now that i look closer
    Edited by Rustyfish101 on December 21, 2017 11:00PM
    Tanks:
    Fishando - Dragonknight Tank - Master Crafter
    Healers:
    Rustyfish - Templar Healer
    Rozykinz - Warden Healer - Godslayer
    Bellafish - Dragonknight Healer
    Heals-With-Fish - Nightblade Healer
    Fishromancer - Necromancer Healer
    DPS:
    Rusted Rose - Magicka Sorcerer
    Unifish - Magicka Dragonknight
    Fishy Cakes - Magicka Templar
    Rosy Bell - Magicka Nightblade
    Rosyfish - Stamina Templar
    Rosy Fish - Stamina Warden
    Llamafish - Stamina Nightblade

PC/NA
    Founder of Mudcrab Knights, a friendly, welcoming, guild that teaches end game content, specifically trials to everyone who wants to learn!
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Appleblade wrote: »
    Am I the only one doesn’t care you can’t toggle the decorations? This mount is perfect for my simulated snow elf. She’ll be riding this in July. She’ll be jingle jangle jingling along in Sun’s Height in the Alik’r.
    (snip)

Glad it works for you! I think the thing is that no one will be upset should players be given more options instead of less. A toggle would have made it so that if you wanted bells year round, you could have them. If not, could turn them off. Options are never a bad thing.

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liley wrote: »
    The horse is beautiful, but I won't buy it. I wish it was without the bells.

I believe they can be removed by hiding mount upgrades in your settings.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Options
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please do something about the hind legs since you're already tweaking the model.
    Edited by czar on March 31, 2018 3:08PM
    stam scrub
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    While I have some aesthetic disagreements regarding the mount (no toggle on the garland/bells) I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at the very reasonable pricing. The horse is pretty but I'll sadly be passing since I can't toggle the ornaments, even if the price is super reasonable (in comparison to previous holiday mounts).
    @Left4Daud

I agree. All mounts should be priced this way.
    Options
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Options are never a bad thing.

I never said they were.

Edited by Appleblade on December 22, 2017 6:04AM
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Appleblade wrote: »
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Options are never a bad thing.

I never said they were.

I didn't mean to suggest you personally were against them. My 'glad it works for you' was sincere though I guess it could have easily been interpreted as sarcasm. I'm genuinely happy that you're happy with the mount and am curious to see your snow elf.

That said, there are a lot (or at least a very vocal minority) in the forums with the attitude of "it doesn't affect/bother me so anyone who wants x to change is just a whining, spoiled brat" so perhaps my post came off as a little defensive. If so, I do apologize.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »

Looks like sidesadde riding. Got my hopes up for a minute, heh. I really wish sidesaddle riding was a thing in game. Maybe part of a personality.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Please do something about the hind legs since you're already tweaking the model.
    It would be even easier for them to close that gaping open mouth, but they won't do it. ... And then when they decided to give us pony pets, they painted them beautifully, did some gorgeous sculpting on the mane and tail, but STILL gave them that awful open mouth. I just don't understand why they insist that all the horses have to have open mouths. It looks so unnatural.
    Now they're doing this beautiful painting work, gorgeous sculpting on the mane, tail, and garland, and still the same back legs and open mouth. With the back legs, it's probably an animation issue, which means they *might* have to tweak the animations if they change the shape of the legs (not sure about that, though). With the mouth, there isn't any reason for it at all.

Edited by SydneyGrey on December 23, 2017 7:25AM
    Options