Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Elf Templar Magicka Build?

imUllyy
imUllyy
Soul Shriven
Hi,

Would really like to know what I would need to go for/use. First time playing this usually a High Elf Sorcerer. From level 1 and up.

Thanks in advance.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For leveling I would recommend using 5 Seducer or Julianos with 3 Torug's Pact and whatever arcane jewels you can find. Have the gear crafted with training trait to level faster and re-craft every 10 levels or so. I don't have specific recommendation for skills to use, but try to level class skill lines as well as resto and destro staves as you level the character. I usually fill my bars with 1-2 DPS skills as I level chars and leave the rest of the slots free for other skills. I don't bother much with builds until I reach 50, level everything up and pick up a hefty amount of skill points invested in those skills.

I do have a fully trained magicka templar, and have multiple gear and skill setups for her:
    - PvP: 5 Julianos 5 Amberplasm 2 Valkyn Skoria
    - PvE DD solo: 5 Julianos 5 Infallible Mage 1 Iceheart
    - PvE DD group: 5 Julianos 4 Infallible Mage 2 Valkyn Skoria
    - PvE Healer: 5 Spell Power Cure 5 Worm Cult or Healing Mage or Twilight Remedy with Master resto and Malestrom lightning

There's no build to rule 'em all, just different builds for different roles
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • imUllyy
    imUllyy
    Soul Shriven
    Asardes wrote: »
    For leveling I would recommend using 5 Seducer or Julianos with 3 Torug's Pact and whatever arcane jewels you can find. Have the gear crafted with training trait to level faster and re-craft every 10 levels or so. I don't have specific recommendation for skills to use, but try to level class skill lines as well as resto and destro staves as you level the character. I usually fill my bars with 1-2 DPS skills as I level chars and leave the rest of the slots free for other skills. I don't bother much with builds until I reach 50, level everything up and pick up a hefty amount of skill points invested in those skills.

I do have a fully trained magicka templar, and have multiple gear and skill setups for her:
    - PvE Healer: 5 Spell Power Cure 5 Worm Cult or Healing Mage or Twilight Remedy with Master resto and Malestrom lightning

Thanks man! Yerr, but good to know which attacks I would use main and second like 1 or two destro, 1 destro and a resto, dual wield and 1 destro.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    imUllyy wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »

Thanks man! Yerr, but good to know which attacks I would use main and second like 1 or two destro, 1 destro and a resto, dual wield and 1 destro.

Depends on role:
    PvE DD - lightning staves on both bars, since most of your skills are AoE
    PvE Healer - restoration staff front bar, lightning back bar (for the off-balance)
    PvP either 2 destruction staves or staff & 2W. 2W is harder to sustain since you can't recover magicka by heavy attacking with them but PvP is mostly about burst damage and having 2 swords with Twin Blade and Blunt passive from 2W (need skill line at 50) you get +5% damage done; also the off-hand weapon adds a bit of spell damage as well so the skills from that bar will hit harder. Also using 2W allows you to wear 2 x 5p sets and a monster set (2nd is fully active only on that bar. For PvP the discussion is really more nuanced, since some people prefer more defensive styles, with 1H+S instead of 2W.

Example of bar setup I use on my Templar (PvE setup DD):
    Front Bar: Radiant Glory | Purifying Light | Crushing Shock* | Harness Magicka | Inner Light || Empowering Sweep
    Back Bar: Elemental Blockade | Blazing Spear | Ritual of Retribution | Vampire's Bane | Degeneration || Elemental Rage
    *or the other morph Force Pulse or Elemental Drain if you run solo

Rotation is: Degeneration -> LA -> Vampire's Bane -> LA -> Ritual of Retribution -> LA -> Blazing Spear -> LA -> Elemental Blockade -> bar swap -> Purifying Light -> HA -> Crushing Shock -> HA -> Crushing Shock -> LA -> Purifying Light -> bar swap [repeat]. When target is at < 15% HP use Radiant Glory for execute. If running Elemental Drain simply do 2 HA and refresh that every 2nd rotation.

You need at least a Destruction Staff and an Aedric Spear skill on each bar to benefit from the passives Ancient Knowledge and Piercing Spear respectively. You can use Puncturing Sweep as spammable skill, but then you'll need to move Elemental Rage to front bar to get the passive. Personally I don't like how that skill works ATM: it's very expensive and the scaling is broken so the damage and healing it does are pretty lackluster. It's good while leveling but if you go in harder content it will leave you gasping for magicka and with enemies still alive since staying melee also means you will take more damage you'll have to heal.Compared to Puncturing Sweep a heavy attack will do higher damage (even more so with 5 IA and Maelstrom blockade) against single target (and only slightly less AoE), last a bit less, and restore magicka instead of consuming it. Also with Degeneration active it will have a 15% chance to heal you for the damage done
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Destruction+Staff+Skills
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Templar+Skills
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mages+Guild+Skills

Note that this is not a definitive build, but something I came across by trial and error, specifically running veteran Maelstrom Arena. From my experience if something works there, it works well everywhere.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |