Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Dunmer Vampire skin colo

SummerHyme
SummerHyme
✭✭
Hello there :) I want to make a dunmer vampire, but I'm worried about the skin color changes. Is the vampire skin color always the same no matter which original skin color I choose? I like the pale dunmer skin color, but I'm afraid it will too bright once I get turned. I was also told to pick the darkest skin color to be sure it looks good, but I would rather choose the pale one if it doesn't make a difference in the end.

Would really appreciate some input on this!
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the palest Dunmer skin color, it looks like this:
    D72244_A5_7_D97_47_CD_A840_60_B35_C8_C64_D4.png
    E24_DF680_7812_474_B_BD83_F86_DA4_DDAAC2.jpg
    D6360591_4_F70_4175_B4_F4_74_E99_E5_FFB64.jpg
  • SummerHyme
    SummerHyme
    ✭✭
    Wow it looks amazing! You character is awesome <3
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it does make a difference. you'll be much paler as a vamp with lighter skin tones on a dunmer.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire skin has its own tone, independant from your non-undead appearance. It has four stages, with each one turning brighter, so you can somewhat customize to your liking.

Note that certain disguises and skins overwrite vampire appearance and use your un-turned looks. Plan ahead and make your skin look great from the start!

Oh, and welcome to the family!
    =):
  • SummerHyme
    SummerHyme
    ✭✭
    Thanks, really looking forward to it ;)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Vampire skin has its own tone, independant from your non-undead appearance. It has four stages, with each one turning brighter, so you can somewhat customize to your liking.

Note that certain disguises and skins overwrite vampire appearance and use your un-turned looks. Plan ahead and make your skin look great from the start!

=):

fwiw, i can change my vampire skin color, on my dwemer and my altmers, in the character editor.

darker skin color = darker tone and darker shadows, at least on stage 4 vamps.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

=):

fwiw, i can change my vampire skin color, on my dwemer and my altmers, in the character editor.

Can't confirm. Mine look all the same.
    =/
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

Can confirm. I tested this recently on the PTS (public test server).

Hint to OP or anyone else curious about this. PTS is great for testing stuff like this. Buy some race change tokens. Buy vampirism from the crown store. Use vamp abilities to increase your vamp level. Exit to character select and edit character appearance.

What doesn't seem to make a difference is which row you're on. Row 1, column 1 seems to look the same as row 2, column 1. If there is a difference it must be extremely difficult to perceive with the naked eye. But the difference between column 1 (lightest) and column 10 (darkest) is easy to see.

The lighter skin tone results in whiter vampire skin and makes veins etc. stand out more.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SummerHyme wrote: »
    Hello there :) I want to make a dunmer vampire, but I'm worried about the skin color changes. Is the vampire skin color always the same no matter which original skin color I choose? I like the pale dunmer skin color, but I'm afraid it will too bright once I get turned. I was also told to pick the darkest skin color to be sure it looks good, but I would rather choose the pale one if it doesn't make a difference in the end.

Would really appreciate some input on this!

I've made several different vamp characters and feel like dunmer vampires look the best. They maintain their ethnicity/skin tone better while still looking like vampires.
  • SummerHyme
    SummerHyme
    ✭✭
    I don't think we have PTS on console unfortunately :(

So pale skin makes veins stand out more? That doesn't seem good. Does anyone have pictures? It would be really appreciated, otherwise thank you all very much for the infomation!
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The look can change drastically based on what stage of vampirism your in, so keep that in mind when looking for pictures.

relyn_11.jpg

Pretty sure the pictures @ThePrinceOfBargains posted earlier are stage 1 or stage 2 vamp, judging by the eyes.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, mine was in Stage 1. By stage 4, your character will be a dry, chalk white pretty much regardless of what skin color you choose. There might be a slight difference, but you won’t notice it outside of the character creator.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, vampire skin on any skin makes you look like a freshly dipped face in flour
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I found the dunmer vampire skins to be quite nice. Some dark facial marking around the eyes, regardless of gender makes it look even more natural as Dunmer often have red eyes.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    The look can change drastically based on what stage of vampirism your in, so keep that in mind when looking for pictures.

relyn_11.jpg

Pretty sure the pictures @ThePrinceOfBargains posted earlier are stage 1 or stage 2 vamp, judging by the eyes.

This is a really nice comparison of the stages.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peronally on my mDK ( dunmer ) i didn't like how pale vamp made me look ... currently im using the blood-forged skin to cover it up ... looks MUCH better :D
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣