The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

No-CP MagSorc - what am I missing? my dmg is bad!

rikimm16_ESO
rikimm16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey guys, I recently start playing eso in PS4 and decided to roll a MagSorc (I tried a few other classes before but they didn’t feel right for me - BtW my PvP skill is low).

I see other Sorcs hitting me like a truck but my spells barely scratch anyone. What am I missing? Sure, I don’t have an armor set, my gear is what ever I can find since I don’t have gold after buying some inventory space.

What gear/set should I be looking for? How can I increase my spell damage?

Also, I would like to maximize my harden shield. Does it scale with the Magicka pool? Is it possible to maximize shields and damage at the same time?

Any suggestions and comments are welcome. Please help me get better. I looked for older posts but they are so old I can’t say if they still apply or not.

Im currently PvPing with a pet build but I’m willing to respec to something more optimal if needed.
Edited by rikimm16_ESO on December 20, 2017 8:06PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the shields you're concerned about scale to max mag.

I'm not sure what the standard PvP sorc runs anymore.

I've got mine tailored for BGs.

Your sets are definitely making the difference

For a pet build, Necropotence is a must
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a nutshell, just equip sets that boost max mag, mag recovery, spell damage, and lastly spell crit, and beyond that it's a balancing act between sustain and damage on your jewelry enchantments and mundus stone.

Most of being a dangerous sorc is applying shields efficiently and timing damage combos well.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    you're missing cp
    Options
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Necropetence sounds pretty good to maximize Magicka.
    What other set should I consider for a non-CP Mag Sorc?
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For no cp
    Amber plasm (3 jewelry 2x body)
    shacklebreaker (destro + resto 4x body)
    1x domihaus/bloodspawn/shadowrend

Atro or serpent
    Use dark deal back bar or overload bar for help with sustain between fights

If you can’t get those dungeon sets
    Seducer
    Willpower
    Any 2x monster (engine guardian, bloodspawn, 1x domihaus + infernal guardian(choice of set piece), pirate skeleton, etc

Necro, shadowrend, willpower
    Atro, 1/2 regen glyphs

Witchmothers brew for all builds

Practice will get you as far as you want to go
    Options