The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Getting server kicked (A lot) PC - NA

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
12-19-2017 , 632pm EST, Hello and sorry for this but Im having trouble getting into ESO.

I keep getting disconnected and it keeps telling me server timed out. Or check my connection.

What is going on with the server today? I have internet, obviously, I'm just wondering if its selective or intermittent?
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. It just started tonight. I managed to log in once for a few minutes, then received the "lost connection" error message. Some different error in all following tries to log in.

Edit: So I thought I'd wait until after the Maintenance on Dec 20 and it cleared up and all back to normal. Could be a coincidence of course.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on December 21, 2017 3:05PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you receive an error stating "Login Error: Login Timeout" when trying to log into The Elder Scrolls Online, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Power cycle and then test your network

If playing on PC/Mac, you should also try turning off your modem or router for 10 minutes before rebooting.

Add ESO as an exception to your antivirus software

Each antivirus program is different, and we recommend you view your antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • ESO_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe (by default)

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the antivirus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms:
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433

Check for updates

If on PC/Mac, you should also ensure that the ESO Launcher has downloaded and installed all available updates before logging back in. If on console, we also recommend completely closing out the game and allowing the system to check for game updates before restarting the game itself.

Give ESO and Steam access to Mac

If playing ESO on Mac, you should ensure that both Steam and ESO have access to your machine by navigating to the Security & Privacy menu, selecting Privacy, then clicking on Accessibility and adding them to the list.

Reset the ProgramData folder

If playing on PC, you can also try resetting the ProgramData folder:
    1. Close both ESO and the ESO Launcher.
    2. Open the game's installation directory.
    3. Open the folder named Launcher.
    4. Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData".
    5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup".
    6. Open the launcher and download update.
    7. Click Play.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank You @ZOS_BillE , I'll keep that copied.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • chjumaliev
    Problems started 3 day ago...The game stops responding and the perpetual download during the transition from the locations.