Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What Alliance I should consider regarding Lore. PvP etc.....

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
So I know you don't have to be any particular alliance anymore for PvE from what I read. Is any Alliance better than the others for lore reasons or pvp etc...
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    ep
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all alliances are going to be fine in PVP. You could look around and see if there is a PVP guild you like or that is doing well on the campaign you want to play in, but I think you'll find welcoming groups in nearly every alliance. Something to keep in mind is that PVP can get competitive, so its nice to join a guild where you can relax and have fun too. It also depends on how you like to run in PVP. I ran by myself for a while in PVP until I found an organized group that I really liked running with and joined their guild. I've been enjoying myself ever since.

For Lore, all the alliances have their strengths and flaws. If you are looking at their questlines, the Aldmeri Dominion has the most sequential and cohesive storyline. If you do the Dominion zones in order, you'll get a really nice story with some great characters. The Daggerfall Covenant is probably the next most cohesive, though their zones tend to have less of a connecting story but do keep some of the same characters. The Ebonheart Pact's zones feel the most separate story-wise from each other with only a few recurring NPCs. There are a lot of good stories and situations in each alliance and you can experience all the storylines without having to worry about alienating your own alliance, so if you are AD you can help the Pact in Shadowfen with no issues. I generally recommend doing the zones in order for the best story experience, but you can do whatever you want.

The old order before One Tamriel was:
    1. Your faction zones, Main Quest, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild as you went through the zones.
    2. Coldharbor and the end of the Main Quest
    3. The other two faction zones, in order
    4. DLC
    But as I said, you can do whatever you like and still experience a great story.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But as I said, you can do whatever you like and still experience a great story.

@VaranisArano is right ... this is one of the reasons why ESO consistently receives the top awards for MMOs.

Even myself, I play a lot of elves in this game but they are all Daggerfall Covenant Alliance for PvP. So, play however you want.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 20, 2017 5:56AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...the lore is pretty convoluted, and probably not an incentive to pick an alliance.

The Aldmeri are the ancient races, who see rule of Tamriel as a guardianship against the Daedra. They are generally prejudiced against human races, and see men as unwilling and incapable of truly protecting Tamriel. Daggerfall is the merchant races, whose lands have fallen into recession following the...um...whatever the explosion that destroyed michnof the Imperial City was called. They want to rule to bring prosperity and economic stability back. Ebonheart is the younger races, who defended Tamriel from the second Akaviri invasion a few years before the explosion event. They see rule as their right, having defended Tamriel from conquest.

I like Aldmeri because I generally like their storylines and zone progression. I think the dev team did the best job with them...you start in a very tranquil, beautiful place and then as you progress things get wilder and more dire and you start to see the consequences of the war. I like the Daggerfall zones as being sort of traditional fantasy / fairytale areas. I will admit that I have always sortmof hated the EP zones. I mean, visit, sure, but it’s a really *** part of Tamriel to me, lol.

In terms of pvp, all three alliances have healthy player populations. For a looooong time EP was a constant underdog on my server. That seems to have changed a bit in the last six months. I’ve theorized that they suffer a bit because they have the poorest starter races of any alliance. I mean...Aldmeri and Daggerfall have alter and Bretons, who make great magic characters. Redguards and khajiit make awesome stam characters. EP gets argonian...which was out of favor for a long time but is better, Nords...blah, tanks, and Dunmer...also kinda tanky. When I fight EP there’s a stupidly high number of DKs, lol. I’d kinda like them to open any race any alliance up for everyone.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananas.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b