The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

essential warden skills

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I have almost finished leveling a warden to 50 I will be primarily pvp but pve from time to time.
what are the essential skills?
il be running s/b as my main hand
and 2h on the back.
I know this is backwards for some ppls liking but I really don't like playing 2h as main dps..il will only be using it for foward momentum as il be using heavy armour.
suggestions are appreciated.
I'm not against dw either if it's a better option on a warden
Edited by Syiccal on December 19, 2017 5:30PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subterranean assault, shimmering shield, ice fortress, bird of prey. These 4 skills are absolutely essential to stam warden. You should think about running 2 hand as main though. Hit sub assault, cutting dive, crit rush, light attack, dawnbreaker, execute and it's game over for 90% of enemies.... not to mention healing with momentum, resolving vigor, fungal growth is absurd.
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well shimmering is a must. It allows you to have super survivability vs mageblades and sorcs. Netch is if you need sustain or if your not running 2H. Bird of prey is useful for extra damage and speed but if you run speed pots you can make that flex. I'd say ice fortress is a must. Sub assault is a must. Soothing spores is a must. Green lotus is useful but flex too. Lots of good skills.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well shimmering is a must. It allows you to have super survivability vs mageblades and sorcs. Netch is if you need sustain or if your not running 2H. Bird of prey is useful for extra damage and speed but if you run speed pots you can make that flex. I'd say ice fortress is a must. Sub assault is a must. Soothing spores is a must. Green lotus is useful but flex too. Lots of good skills.

Totally agree with this.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks guy il consider changing up to 2h front bar..just didn't wanna use dissying swing I find it to slow and telegraphed
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    thanks guy il consider changing up to 2h front bar..just didn't wanna use dissying swing I find it to slow and telegraphed

You will have no shortage of abilities to run in its place.

Can always just throw birds in that spot
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Subterranean assault, shimmering shield, ice fortress, bird of prey. These 4 skills are absolutely essential to stam warden. You should think about running 2 hand as main though. Hit sub assault, cutting dive, crit rush, light attack, dawnbreaker, execute and it's game over for 90% of enemies.... not to mention healing with momentum, resolving vigor, fungal growth is absurd.

bird of prey isnt essential at all. its a nice skill but it lasts only 14 seconds and you´re better of getting major expedition from a potion and if you run a decent build you dont need the dmg buff from it at all. also if you run both bird of prey and ice fortress you have 2 major magicka spender which is simply too much for your magicka pool to handle. you want the extra mana for shimmering instead. running netch instead of bird of prey is the infinity times better option as that skill costs nothing, gives you stam back and generates ultimate every 8 seconds for free. also it provides wpn dmg buff for free.

to the OP:

you want ice fortress, netch, lotus, shimmering, soothing spores, sub. assault, vigor and forward momentum for sure. for ults you want dawnbreaker and spell wall. you could run trees instead of spell wall if you prefer but after testing both i personally find spell wall more versatile in the vast majority of situations. for the remaining 2 slots you can slot whatever you wanna use to kill stuff with. if you´re going to main snb i guess dive, and reverb is what you want. you will lack an execute tho which is why its generelly better to main 2h and have snb as back bar. if you dont like dizzying swing you could run dive instead but then you kinda have to ditch netch for reverb cos you lack a CC otherwise.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the info.
    Options