The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Provisioning? Crafting (Alphabetically ordered???)

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Greetings Fellow adventurers, crafters, and all kinds of others.

So, crafting at the cooking fires some food and drink, and then doing writs, I find myself spending (or wasting) so much more time than necessary.

I use controller, and I haven't seen yet an add on to do this, but why ZoS did this I have no idea, is there a way to filter food and drink to craft the provision in alphabetical order , in order to find what I'm looking for faster?

Every known recipe is out of order and it gets tiresome to scan every known recipe in the list over and over from both food and drink catagories when using writs.

It's ridiculous!
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Master Recipe List add-on won’t sort alphabetically ... but it will highlight the food or drink needed for the current writ and provide a yellow checkmark in the food/drink category to find it easily.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While at a Provisioning fire the order of each category's food & drink list from lowest level to highest level. So if you scroll to the bottom of the list then scan upwards you will save yourself a little time digging around for the item on the list as your writs will be tied to the highest level foods/drinks you can make.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Every known recipe is out of order and it gets tiresome to scan every known recipe in the list over and over from both food and drink catagories when using writs.

The recipes are in Level Order, or should be.

However, make this easier on your self. Spend a few minutes on a crafter and make all the foods and drinks for the levels of the writs you are making, in say a 48 or 60 Stack and put them in the bank. Then your Alts can take out what they need as they need it. If your doing them on multiple levels across Alts, then store the 9 things you need for each level on the alt doing them. Then no need to go through the list for each writ. And, unlike Master Writs, it does not matter which Alt, or even player, makes the Food or Drink.

If your not sure what foods and drinks you need, just have that Alt go look at what recipes the Brewer and Chef are selling or find one of the lists online.

Anyway, I am doing writs on 14 characters, and no way am I doing food operations on those characters each day. Nor am I making alchemy potions each day either. The only thing I make each day is Glyphs, and Armor/Weapons as those don't stack.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities , Hmm. Sounds good. I think I will look for it in minion, @Nestor yeah I used to do all 6 writs a day with 6 of my toons but now I just focus on my main since I have it maxed out except in metal as I need 2 traits left to research in 5 armor and weapons. Oh and woodworking. The other toons just take up a lot of my time from other routines, I have an add-on that helps tremendously but it's just the provision that's really a pain.

Thank you.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    I have an add-on that helps tremendously but it's just the provision that's really a pain.

Thank you.

Do you use this?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

It automates most Writ operations, but Provisioning and Enchanting. However if you use Craft Store,

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1590-CraftStoreCC.html

Then it makes it easy to pick out the recipe you want from the lists.

But, even better is Cookery Wiz

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1034-CookeryWiz.html

That automates Writ Cooking for you. That last one is probably what you need. You don't even need to look up the recipe, just activate the cooking fire.

Edited by Nestor on December 19, 2017 10:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"