Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

First magic nightblade pvp?

KharnTheUndying
KharnTheUndying
✭✭✭
What traits should i put on the armor and what enchants should i put on the weapons,im going for a fire staff destro,resto build,any help would be much appreciated?
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    Impen on everything, infused on your large armor pieces with tri glyphs.
    Weapons, either nirnhoned or sharpened (nirnhoned helps on sorcs/magika players with shields since you can't crit on shields)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also consider the defending trait for your resto staff.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conventional pvp wisdom is that you need impen on body gear. If you’re doing a heavy chest, reinforced can offer a little more protection than impen.

If you get good at nightblading and can avoid unintentional,fights and damage during fights, you can trade out defensive traits for offensive one by one. My stamblade found his sweet spot at four impen and three divines. At that blend I can survive most 1v1...but will die in a 1v3 scenario, where more impen isn’t really going to help. A good test I think is being able to surprise a sneak gank from another blade. If a character can do that, they can start trading defense for offense.

On the fire staff, I think nirnhoned works best for the magblade play style. Sharpened probably gets close, but after the nerfs I think the raw power performs better. I’m indifferent on the enchant. Alcast says fire...okay, sure that sounds good. I might do weapon/spell damage myself because I tent to lean on the front bar for light and heavy attacks.

On the Resto staff, I think the game is shifting away from defending. I still have some defending back bar weapons...it’s an ok choice. But a NB should be avoiding hits, not taking them. Using infused with a weapon/spell damage glyph is kinda where the Meta is, I think.

Jewelry should be spell damage. You should be able to get enough recovery from NB abilities that the power is the best choice.

Side note: WORK UP LEGERDEMAIN

To level 16. The passive that reduces sneak cost by 40% is amazingly powerful for magblades in Pvp. It will save your butt many, many times. It’s only going to take about 2 hrs work in total, spread out over ten runs...and here’s how you do it fast.

Spend one point in Legerdemain....trafficker. This allows you to fence 220 items per day, 110 sales and 110 launders.

Empty as much inventory space as you can (preferably 100+ slots) then go on a stealing spree on a route with few NPCs. The two boats in glenumbra are a great route (don’t forget below deck). Or the Inn complex in Orsinium. Steal everything. With stacking, a run will net you about 200 items. Sell everything of value and launder the ingredients, style mats, and el cheapo things.

It only takes about ten runs to get leger to 16. To speed things up even more, the fences reset around 7 pm pacific every day (when you hit a maximum in any day they’ll show a timer so you can verify the time on your server). You can do double session by loading up a character and fencing the max before the time flips, then do another session right after.

If you have the fence assistant you can also take her with you if bag space is an issue, allowing you to get more on a run.