The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alternative to Dressing room?

Jade1986
Jade1986
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I recently noticed, for some reason i didnt before, that dressing room is INCREDIBLY outdated, it still works fine, but there it is. Is there a good alternative to it that is more up to date?
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use AlphaGear, it's a bit more complicated to set up tho.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sdtlc wrote: »

Ill keep that in mind if I ever run into issues using dressing room. So far its fine, dunno why the author abandoned it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless something changes in the API, a Mod does not have to be updated if it's working.

There is something you can change in the mod header to make it appear current, if that is what you want.

I have looked at Dressing Room but after getting Alpha Gear to work, I am going to stay with that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Its_Alexis
    Its_Alexis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using Alpha Gear 2, it works wonderfully. Using it to auto repair at shops and auto recharge weapons too.
    PC NA

Alexis Light - Breton Templar DD
    Likes-To-Tank - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
    Pauline Storm - Altmer Sorcerer DD
    Thunder gro-Lightning - Orc Sorcerer Speedster
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its_Alexis wrote: »
    I'm using Alpha Gear 2, it works wonderfully. Using it to auto repair at shops and auto recharge weapons too.

As soon as i have any issues with dressing room, ill switch, i just cant be bothered doing 8 setups for 8 characters again atm xD.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I wish another add-on dev would pick up and keep DRESSING ROOM current again! It is definitely one of the most user-friendly gear adding that I've used.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dressing room is current. If the outdated marker bugs you too much just increase the number in the .text filer. Do it again every patch. Thats all you'd need to do. If it seems pointless, that's because it is.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »
    Dressing room is current. If the outdated marker bugs you too much just increase the number in the .text filer. Do it again every patch. Thats all you'd need to do. If it seems pointless, that's because it is.

Doesnt bother me. I was just wondering because it is filed und discontinued or something like that.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to @code65536 for the DressingRoom Updated (for Update 17 "Dragon Bones")!!!

Definitely a gamer's prayer answered :wink:
    keto3000 wrote: »
    I wish another add-on dev would pick up and keep DRESSING ROOM current again! It is definitely one of the most user-friendly gear adding that I've used.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need a replacement for wikkeds. I use the skills and gear swap. But the gear swap hasn't worked right in ages
  • Canasta
    Canasta
    ✭✭✭
    wykkydsOutfitter is working just fine for me, has been for ages, you need to apply the fix for it though

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info52-WykkydOutfitter.html#comments

Scroll down the comments to 16th March 2017, apply the fix from google drive thats posted

• Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    After posting this thread back in Feb, I moved from Wykkyd’s to Alpha Gear. I’m really happy with it!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395394/alpha-gear-or-dressing-room#latest
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    I recently noticed, for some reason i didnt before, that dressing room is INCREDIBLY outdated, it still works fine, but there it is. Is there a good alternative to it that is more up to date?

Dressing Room has the best name.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    sdtlc wrote: »

Ill keep that in mind if I ever run into issues using dressing room. So far its fine, dunno why the author abandoned it.

Like many other add-on developers, @Dividee stopped maintaining his addon in 2015 because he stopped playing ESO and went on to something else. That's a risk with every add-on (and this time around this is going to hurt because @Ayantir stopped playing recently and I'm not sure he will continue working on his dozens of so precious and useful add-ons, including, in particular, Lorebooks).

As to Dressing Room, @code65536 and @Dolgubon were kind enough to update it sufficiently so that it kept working flawlessly until now. They have my thanks for that work and hope they'll carry on.

The currently working version of Dressing Room is here : http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1911-DressingRoomReborn.html

I use this opportunity to remind addon users that while addon authors work for free, they still need thanks and recognition. Still too many users address them with requests, demands and criticisms, as if it were "never enough". They even chase them all over the internet, down to their guild forums, github spaces and whatnot. Let's respect addon authors and we may enjoy the addons for longer. But when it comes to addons, just remember to enjoy them while they last, and that we're not entitled to anything.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on April 28, 2018 3:09PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luthid wrote: »
    After posting this thread back in Feb, I moved from Wykkyd’s to Alpha Gear. I’m really happy with it!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/395394/alpha-gear-or-dressing-room#latest

Dressing Room and AlphaGear share the same base concept, code and design (by @AlphaLemming ). Unfortunately AlphaGear isn't maintained either :-(