Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I decided to...

Ximinetto
Ximinetto
✭✭✭
To not erase my Argonian Sorcerer,now i am about to finish the daugher of giants. Next history quests will be rescue Abnur Tharn and i fear the gargoyle miniboss on the part of take Argonatch parts. My skills are a mix of dark magic and restoration staff, on lvl 15 i will use destruction staff paired with daedric summoning. But right now i fear the gargoyle as most. I tryed with other classes this mini boss and i always died,at least 2 times,any tips?
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Skip it? I died once on the quest to realize that one does not have to kill the Gargoyle to get the necessary parts, just continue on and you'll find some more flesh atronarchs.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magicka sorc, you should be fine with those early main quest mobs/bosses. :) Especially at low level you're scaled up a huge lot.

Put Elemental Blockade on the ground as AoE DOT, use Healing Springs to heal yourself, alternate light attacks and Force Pulse to do direct damage, and use heavy attacks with lightning/inferno staff to restore magicka.

You can also try the Unstable Clannfear pet which tanks enemies really good.

If your skill lines aren't high enough yet for some of that, go kill some overland mobs, and make sure to have skills from the appropriate skill line on the bar. Remember to use Breda's mead for the New Life Festival double XP bonus.

Edited by Loc2262 on December 18, 2017 9:02AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be time for you to learn something we call “kiting,” which is basically running all over the place like a chicken to avoid getting hit by a strong boss, lol. However, it’s a good strategy to learn on a sorc. Keep some distance between you and the boss. Reapply Curse from range to continue whittling down his health. If you use your pet, it can tank for you and keep the boss off you. Kiting takes some practice...if you move too far away the boss will reset, restoring his health.

Other tips:

Do you have shields? Sorcs benefit from shields, but they tend to unlock a little later on. Your best shields include conjured Ward...hardened ward -this probably isn’t unlocked yet. Maybe you can unlock the light armor ability annulment...harness Magicka. If not, then a third option is the Resto staff “bubble.” It’s name has ward in it...I forget what it’s called exactly.

Keep those heals rolling in. Don’t just heal when you’re almost dead. Use a skill like Regeneration...Mutagen for a trickle of heals over 20 seconds. (And mutagen does a burst if you fall too low).

Charge your ultimate before battle. First, it’s really helpful to go into the options...interface (I think) menu and set “ultimate” to “number”. This puts a little number in the ultimate icon box, showing how much you’ve earned up to the 500 maximum. If you haven’t figured it out, you earn ultimate through light and heavy attacks on monsters you kill. Always charge your ultimate heading into a tough fight. The atronach is good, but for raw power in a big boss battle go with overload. On a fully charged bank you’ll get 8-10 massive ranged hits out of it. Mix this with curse and you should slaughter the boss.

Pop a potion, especially one you make. Your character is too low level to get buffs like major sorcery (+20% Damage) from skills. A good potion is corn flower, lady smock and water hyacinth. This boosts magic recovery, spell power and spell crit. In a boss fight, use potion strategically instead of just in an emergency. Use the first either right before you start the fight or right after your initial barrage. You then need to survive 45 seconds to use another, lol. You might want to carry a second type of potion, like lady smock, water hyacinth and either bugloss or columbine. This restores health and magic and increases spell crit. Having the health might be helpful in the middle of a battle, although if your health is good you can pop the first type again.

Like with the resource number, you might want to turn on your buff tracker. This puts little icons above the skill icons and shows what active buffs you have up. This might help you learn the timing on various skill combos somthat you’re not wasting magic, but not going unbuffed. This is also in the options menu...either interface or combat text. I can’t remember, but I recall that it’s way down the list on one or the other.

USE FOOD. Your character will be way stronger under a food buff. You can play with food buffs all the time if you want, but you especially want it during a big fight. You should be on blue max health plus max magic food, or if you like you can do tri-resource purple food. As a level 15 you’re looking for Apple baked fish, monkey pig cutlets or grape glazed guar. Or you can buy some of the holiday recipes in guild stores. Frosted brains would be good for you, or witches potent brew. Boosting your magic and health will really help.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't actually have to kill the gargoyle at all. :) You don't even have to go into that area. You can finish the quest without even going near him. There are enough flesh atronach parts elsewhere to complete the quest.

Edited by SydneyGrey on December 19, 2017 7:56AM