Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why no shrines to Jyggalag?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Yes I know, Jyggalag is Sheogorath and Sheogorath has shrines all over the place, but before he was cursed he was a powerful Daedric Prince, I would expect there to be a Shrine to Jyggalag as Jyggalag lying in ruins somewhere and forgotten. There were at least enough records left of him for Morian Zenas to find mention of him. :\ And he comes back as himself every thousand years, so there could be small crops of cultists around those times too, who could then leave some physical traces for us to explore and loot.

(And actually that raises another question: what happened to Jyggalag's followers when he was cursed? Did they all go mad? Known examples of major cultures either changing deities or having their patron be cursed suggest there would be SOME effect on the worshiper base...)
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have anything to guess on how the lore was for him, he had no shrines. Just dedication through practice itself. If there is anything else I would have to guess there are secret treasure troves of close knit followers of order but if I have to guess any they could likely be delusional on what order really is considering of the sheogorath path.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    : what happened to Jyggalag's followers when he was cursed? Did they all go mad?
    YES! in one of the lore books on Uncle Sheo (from the Oblivion game?) it does mention that this happened, when Jyggalag turned to Sheogorath all his worshipers went with him.

also! I remember I heard or read somewhere a cultist of Sheogorath say "till the day of Jyggalag come" which hints that they still are worshiping him as a minor aspect of Sheo.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }