The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher and Sound issues

drconstableb16_ESO
Ever since the last update I have had issues with the game. After selecting play from the Launcher, the screen goes black for around 20 minutes before the Zenimax and other animations play prior to the logon screen. Once the logon screen is displayed, all sound stops. I can enter the game and play, but there is no sound whatsoever.

I have tried the repair option and have rules added to my McAfee firewall, but none of these have made any difference. I have also tried launching the game straight from the ESO and ESO64 exe files.

I have raised a ticket and am awaiting a response, but any other help would be appreciated.
  • Gildas
    Gildas
    Same for me, black screen with spinning cursor after hitting Play from the launcher (same if launching directly Eso32 ou 64) then waiting 10 minutes before game start, then no game sound.

I have repaired several times
    switch game from french to english
    moved the sounds directory elswhere to let the launcher re-download them
    re-downloaded the whole game
    try all the modifications of userSettings.txt which used to work for people with black screens
    updated my sound / motherboard drivers as there was a windows 10 update a few days ago
    switch off Avast and check my firewall rules for Eso
    start with no addon activated

With no effect on my game problems :expressionless:
    Edited by Gildas on December 16, 2017 8:01PM
  • Gildas
    Gildas
    Finally I've found the cause of the sound and blackscreen issues, in my case :smile:
    It's an incompatibility with Artic Steel Series Engine, the software which comes with Arctic Steelseries headsets.
    When this software is not started, no problem.

It was working fine before last update of TESO / Windows 10
    Edited by Gildas on December 17, 2017 12:29PM
  • drconstableb16_ESO
    Gildas wrote: »
    Finally I've found the cause of the sound and blackscreen issues, in my case :smile:
    It's an incompatibility with Artic Steel Series Engine, the software which comes with Arctic Steelseries headsets.
    When this software is not started, no problem.

It was working fine before last update of TESO / Windows 10

Mine too. I have uninstalled the Steel Series engine and the Game launched OK the first time after I did this, but after this went back to the old behavior of long wait and no sound :/
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @drconstableb16_ESO

We have sent you a PM with an update on your open support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • drconstableb16_ESO
    With help from Support, I think I have worked out what this is. It appears to be some sort of conflict between the ESO Launcher and Nahimic2. The ESO launcher works fine when Nahimic2 is inactive.The game itself runs with or without Nahimic2 running.

So in short, quit Nahimic2, launch ESO, then restart Nahimic2