Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mythical werewolf and vampire spawn locations

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
I could write a book about it. And the Internet seems to be filled with urban legends about it, so I don't know what to believe anymore..

Let me explain...briefly.

Because of my ambition I got that idea stuck in my head that my very first character need to find a bloodfiend on her own and...that way become a vampire. I did not find it in Bangkorai or Reaper's March... by accident, I found them in the Rift just when I had lost hope they even spawn in the locations so many players made videos about or even maps.
Mind you, it was like, hmm, probably half a year ago...and most videos are either from the beginning of 2016 or 2014/5 even! So I am not sure how up-to-date they are.
It was so frustrating that my other character I just dragged her arse to vampire shrine and asked for a bite...counting on the goodness of the vampire heart of other players.. I give my bites for free everytime I am in the zone or notice someone's asking in the chat.

Now, I decided I want to go with the werewolf "scenario" (I don't care how flawed the skill line is. I want to try)..meaning, I want my first werewolf character to be bitten by the NPC werewolf... but damn! When I go, time after time, to the supposed locations where these creatures are supposed to spawn.. I see.. EVERYTHING but them.. sabre cats, giant scorpios..wolves...trolls...but not...one....werewolf. I even went during the supposed fullmoon! Nada!

Isn't it crazy? I mean, I get that there should be some difficulty finding those special ones.. but come on? Placing them near roads almost guarantees they get killed instantly.. it's nearly impossible to "stumble upon" them..unless you sleep with one eye open and with your face on your keyboard?

So, I went to the werewolf shrine in Reaper's March and asked in chat...
and it was like...
travola-desert.gif?w=559

The location is not so great comparing to vampires' in Bangkorai.
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a thread for you...PC/Mac NA & EU - Seeking/Offering Vampire or Werewolf Bite

or, you can hit me up in game. I'm on most nights for a few hours and I'm happy to run over to which ever shrine you choose.
    Edited by Belegnole on December 15, 2017 4:16AM
  • butternutbutt
    butternutbutt
    ✭✭
    I feel your pain! I wanted to get ww bite on my main from NPCs and searched for weeks until finally giving in and getting a bite from a player, then days later I got an accidental bite on an alt AND stumbled upon NPC werewolves like three times in the next week. Riften is great for players giving bites tho, zone chat is pretty much all ww and vamp bite offers.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't go searching until both moons are full.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best advice I can give is wait until the moons are actually full, and it's properly night time. Go to The Rift, Riften to start with, and just start running around the edge of the lake. Start going round it clockwise from the bottom of it, that long path has many spawn locations, run up to the north and back down. The werewolves usually spawn in pairs. And they will dissappear at dawn. Good luck! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know you can also ask in your guilds for both.

I do not have vampire characters, but I do have 12 werewolfs and two pending. I give out free bites whenever I see someone asking in zone, especially when someone asks for payment for one. I always give out bites to guildies.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys!
    Ehh I know the vampire/werewolf thread (I turned a few people this way too). I also know I can ask in chat/guild. But you know how it is, I really wanted to my Orc Gal to get bitten by an NPC werewolf. :P
    Hmm, I also like the idea of joining a werewolf guild and run with the pack... if only I had one more free guild slot. :(

Hmm, I'll try this "two full moons" too. Ehh. I am stubborn like this. I am a (old-fashioned) RPG girl, you know,..and I've got the entire story line for this Orc...like I do have for my other characters. ;P

And if these goddamned two full moons fail....
    gallery-1470251699-puss-in-boots-cat-cute-eyes-1.gif

And thank you, thank you for the tips!
    Edited by duendology on December 15, 2017 4:59PM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for sake of the RP. One might convince someone to RP it with you. Of course a small part of your back story might change.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted both back in 2015 when it was more rare and new-ish. What I can say is that I got hit with Uber dumb luck on vamp. I decided I wanted it, it was night, and I went up the north/south road in east Reapers. I was prepared for a month-long farm, running that toon every time it got dark. First trip...three minutes...npc bloodspawn, block, infected. Lol.

Later I spent about 12 hours in game looking for the werewolves. It was when it was so popular people would all hang out in the spawn location...like 5-8 players, and if one spawned everyone would take turns letting it maul you. But I had no luck, got bored, and let a guildie bite me.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.O

I thought everyone know that destinations add on shows the spawn points.

I seen both npc for werewolf and vampire spawn in repears march. They seem less likely to be killed. I can confirm it only happens during eso nights though.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't installed this one add-on. My map is enough cluttered without it.
    Besides.. what does it mean [from the esui.com page, http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html]
    "Regarding Quest Givers
    ON WINDOWS:
    Use Destinations Extractor to get the data and send them to me in a pm."

???

PC/NA
    And..

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    I haven't installed this one add-on. My map is enough cluttered without it.
    Besides.. what does it mean [from the esui.com page, http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html]
    "Regarding Quest Givers
    ON WINDOWS:

???

sorry let me explain better. There's an option in one of the setting for that add on that shows the spawn points (it's not a default setting). So if you go explore each location you will eventually find what you want. Hmm..might . I also try zone as they tend to be more helpful these days in finding them. Before I go, I must say that I do admire you commitment to finding the npc.
    Edited by Tasear on December 17, 2017 12:55AM
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, Thanks!
    I'll consider adding this add-on.. but I am a bit turned off by this developer's requirements..unless I missed something?

Hmm, Yes.. I blame it on my long history with RPG genre in general ;P
    PC/NA
    And..

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, Thanks!
    I'll consider adding this add-on.. but I am a bit turned off by this developer's requirements..unless I missed something?

Hmm, Yes.. I blame it on my long history with RPG genre in general ;P

What do you mean developer's requirements? I am not aware of such things.
    Edited by Tasear on December 17, 2017 1:35AM
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the esui page for this add-on [ http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html ], there's this information from developer:
    "Regarding Quest Givers
    ON WINDOWS:

Why would I have to send anything? Or I am reading too much into this? I am just very careful what I install on my PC, you see. ;)
    PC/NA
    And..

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the esui page for this add-on [ http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html ], there's this information from developer:
    "Regarding Quest Givers
    ON WINDOWS:

Why would I have to send anything? Or I am reading too much into this? I am just very careful what I install on my PC, you see. ;)
    @duendology don't worry about that as it's optional :) It's only if you want to know where all quests are, the ones that are left on your save, that's why he needs a file because it's different per person.

Personally I've never used the spawn location setting from Destinations, as it's not totally accurate. Often easier to stumble upon the wolves yourself, especially as they can spawn at only one of the spots all night :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my werewolf in rift from npc and no full moon, so I wouldn't limit yourself to only looking when there's a full moon
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Very to me!!!
    Found the werewolves and got the bite..and managed to run away without killing them! :D

Yay!
    PC/NA
    And..