Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

JUST SOME IDEAS to improve ESO

zxz121
zxz121
Soul Shriven
Hi there :smile:
Just finished video on how to improve the game (just my vision)
If you like it, I will not be offended if you spread it around youfriends :smile: maybe someone from ZOS will see this 0_0
What do you think?
If you are interested in something, you can always contact me.

P.S.
Yes, my english is wonderful ! :P
I do not know if you can post it here (sorry if it so)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WNhI-bMgc
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about summarising your ideas as this is a discussion board and people don't necessarily want to watch videos?
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    How about summarising your ideas as this is a discussion board and people don't necessarily want to watch videos?

But how else is he going to get any youtube views ? :p
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• zxz121
    zxz121
    Soul Shriven
    well, i could have post a huge text here as a script with ideas, but i think nobody will read 10 pages of text :smile:
    so i've decided to do a video
  • ATRing
    ATRing
    Soul Shriven
    From watching the video this is what I pulled out as your main topics. Correct me if I am wrong or missed something
    1. Improvements
      1. Taverns
        1. More quests based around the tavern
        2. More ambient dialogue between NPCs in the tavern
      2. Torch
        1. poor lighting and mysterious lighting sources
        2. add torch item for the player to use and remove the mysterious light sources
      3. Soulgems
        1. reintroduce old soulgems and allow the different classes to change the health and resource returns on reserection
        2. allow crafting of glyphs with soulgems
      4. Traps
        1. Add more dangerous traps in the world
        2. Make players take fire damage from standing in fire from props like campfires
      5. Physics
        1. Remove sliding off roofs or other locations
        2. Do a pass on invisible walls specifically homes to open up more areas for the player
      6. Models
        1. Add 3d models for all inventory items in the game and allow players to preview them like we saw in Skyrim
      7. Interface
        1. Remove first person effects on the side of the screens for a more minimal direction(or make them less intense)
        2. Show AOE locations on the edge of the screen
        3. Show direction damage came from
      8. Champion Points
        1. Add more stars that govern specific weapons and damage types
      9. House
        1. Add storage obtained through quests
        2. Add more objects that can be interacted with
        3. Add items like intractable doors, gates, traps and levers
        4. Add armor mannequins that players can place armor on
        5. Add weapon racks that players can place weapons on
        6. Add furnishings that can be picked up in the world
        7. Allow players to fence stolen items and receive a furnishing matching the item for some items
        8. More quest items should be furnishings
      10. ESO+
        1. Add a monthly reward bag that has furnishings
    2. New Content
      1. Dungeons
        1. Solo or group mode for instanced dungeons
        2. Add more difficulty modes with new abilities, tactics, and gear
        3. Add traps in dungeons that can be used by players when fighting NPCs
        4. Remove the reset distance for aggro
        5. Add undaunted leaderboard for group and solo play with rewards
        6. Allow players to enter an instanced version of a public dungeon or delve
        7. Have dungeons drop unique crafting items that allows players to change the style of gear permanently
      2. Thieves Guild
        1. New heists with new goals such as stealing specific items or an certain amount
        2. Add leaderboards for heists and rewards
      3. Mages Guild
        1. Add instanced repeatable daily content similar to current Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild
        2. Add more puzzles
      4. Fighters Guild
        1. 1v1 pvp arena with leaderboards and rewards
        2. pve arena with leaderboard and rewards
        3. Make an event that happens multiple times a day for a pvp tournament
      5. Hunting
        1. Add new quest chain to hunt exotic animals with a leaderboard and restrictions on missions (stealth)
      6. Water
        1. Add underwater content and exploration
      7. New Location
        1. Add a zone covered in thick fog
      8. Achievements
        1. Add new achievements like do a public dungeon or delve without using any abilities minus light and heavy attack
      9. Daedric Relics
        1. Add ability to get Daedric relics
        2. Use Daedric relics as the source of new trials

From watching the video you have a lot of ideas but there is not a lot of depth to the ideas aside from "it would be cool." Certainly you have hit on items that other people have expressed interest in so you are not far off base.

For some of your items I do not know what ZOS can do to improve. Take taverns for example, a lot of what you ask for is stuff we already have in taverns and around the world and it is not particular engaging after you experience it a few times. In order to keep this fresh they would have to relentlessly add new stories to the taverns and other points of interest. Aside from players taking this on themselves and roleplaying in these areas I am uncertain what can be done.

The lighting seems to be a minor grievance to me. I do not know if that would make the world feel better or just more annoying because of having to carry a torch at all times(this is personal taste). This goes for the sliding on roofs and the invisible walls. Though the example you showed in the video where you cannot access the attic of the house seems more like a bug or oversight for ZOS you should consider reporting that. The same can be said with the traps and campfires or other non-hazard fires hurting the player. I do not know if that would really add anything meaningful to the game. The traps would be more meaningful but seem more of a gimmick added to some content unless they had a purpose in mechanics in fights.

The 3d models for all inventory items would be nice but it is not realistic for ZOS to make one for each inventory item you can pick up in the world. Granted many already exist because of weapons and armor but there are likely a surprising number of items that would need to be created.

For the interface it can be distracting for the spell effects to be placed on the screen while in first person. I think the solution here would be a built in interface editor like many games have that let us customize placement of items and other elements. We have addons for the UI components like you alluded to but nothing to move the side screen effects which would be nice.

I too believe that we would benefit to more heists and sacraments along with the addition of leaderboards even without rewards just to see how fast everyone can get them done. Though some elements might be too random to have a meaningful leaderboard

The last topic I will go into is housing. Yes we should have more intractable objects in the houses. The ability to receive certain daily quests from something in the house would be nice. But this really is a system that needs to encourage emergent gameplay or player driven gameplay as nothing ZOS can add will keep players entertained endlessly. Granted that is not to say they should not add anything to housing or attempt to engage players more.

Edit: wording
    Edited by ATRing on December 15, 2017 7:09AM