The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it just me?

Pink_E_808
Pink_E_808
✭✭✭✭
This is my first New Life Festival, so I'm excited to participate. However, while I know it's the first day and tons of people are on, I can hardly play the game (PS4 NA). I keep getting logged out with internal error notices, notices my internet isn't connected (though it's fine, I'm using it now to comment here), and login fail, connection to server time out when I try to get back in. I'm also getting those lovely unusually long load screens before being dc'd almost every time I try to go anywhere. I've been trying to complete one New Life related achievement while doing the associated quest (throwing mud balls at the kings and queen as well as ppl in Skywatch) and it's taking well over an hour now at this point as I can't even throw mud balls at anyone because of the lag. I expected some lag, but this is ridiculous. Sorry for venting/ranting, but it's SUPER frustrating.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just you, the servers go down the crapper during events
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just you, the servers go down the crapper during events

Correct, it'll probably be a mess while the initial hype is there. If you come back a couple of days later it shouldn't be as bad. Not that you should have to put up with it... :/

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll upgrade their servers one day too somewhat of an acceptable level.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suspect its an client issue at least on pc-eu, done it on almost 3 characters and no issues at all outside of slightly longer loading times.
    Some gameplay issues because to many players chasing the same quest mobs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso; a great idea, poorly implemented.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Festival Event is the worst of all of them, as every single player in the event has to port to Eastmarch to turn in and get a new Quest. The first 2 to 4 days are pretty much an exercise in frustration. You can get into the zone, but it's not always going to be successful.

But, last year, it slowed down after the initial weekend and was much easier to deal with. Also, it really helps to port to one of the Wayshrines that is near the pavilion, not the one that is right next to it, and then ride/run over. Try the one in Windhelm or the one by the Voljar Meadery in the West
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input and suggestions y'all. I've never had such a terrible time just to log in and I play every day. I finally gave up and my kids are happily watching Netflix now, so I know it's not my internet, lol. I actually did all the quests on my main earlier this morning with far less trouble, the lag was about what I expected, but once I switched to my alt it went downhill from there and I couldn't even get her out of Skywatch to go do something else.

I'll try again later tonight and hope for the best.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not just you , it happens all the time during festivals , free promotion , new DLC or expansion .
    Servers quantity are poor .