The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

magika or stamina templar?

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
in its current state which is stronger

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamplar for group PVE and solo PVP. Both are great in their own ways for group PVP.

For vMA, stamplar will get better scores but magplar is much easier to learn with.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the last time I played I mained a magplar because stamplar was in bad place but I come back to see them everywhere. what's the reason for this
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    the last time I played I mained a magplar because stamplar was in bad place but I come back to see them everywhere. what's the reason for this

Stamplar is in a much better place now -- bleeds (e.g. from Blood Craze) are more effective in this meta than previously, Power of the Light is amazing, some CP changes treated stamplars well, and some people just want to play a stamina class that has its own class spammable (f*ck you Dizzy Swing).

Magplar is in a worse place now -- ZOS has given them a few nerfs (for instance, nerfing Sweeps' healing because we had Major Mending, then removing Major Mending without re-buffing Sweeps), increased the cost of some important skills, and refrained from fixing a couple of broken abilities (Sweeps and Radiant Destruction both have incorrect scaling mechanics, meaning they don't do as much damage as their tooltips say they should).

Magplar is still an excellent class, though.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really ?? that explain why I can't heal for toffee and finding it more difficult that 9 months ago when I last played
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    really ?? that explain why I can't heal for toffee and finding it more difficult that 9 months ago when I last played

Defile is out of line
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamplars are a beast and very good at group utility

power of the light and cheap ultis on top of being very strong single target and aoe.
    I run war machine and powerful assault and help boost the stam dks dmg

not to mention they are hella fun. they do have a little sustain issue esp since i dont wear vo, just means i have to heavy attack more