The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any Plans For Costume Crafting/Motif Costumes?

KanedaSyndrome
KanedaSyndrome
✭✭✭✭
So I'm the lazy kinda guy that likes to just put on a nice costume, color it and couple it with a mask of some sort. Dilemma, I love some of the motifs, but I can't be bothered with sticking to crafted gear, and in general having to maintain the gear's looks as gear gets upgraded.

I would love to either being able to craft a costume based on a motif (let it be super expensive in mats, I don't care) or simply purchase the motif costume for crowns. Especially the new Stalhrim is haunting me.
KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
The Best Plans Require No Action
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can totally get on board with your idea. Having drop sets be an unchangeable look other than using a costume is one of the least player-friendly decisions in a game that’s otherwise pretty customizable and player friendly.

What WOULD be acceptable (to me) for changing appearance of existing items:

- a player can “recraft” any item by putting in a new style mat and some combo of the mats in the existing item. You have an ugly cuirass...if you know Hlaalu and put in the style mat you can change it. Maybe you also have to put in half the rubedite...70 instead of 140, fine. Maybe you have to put in all of the rubedite, fine. Maybe you have to put in some of the tempers, fine. But the item can be made Hlaalu.

- ZOS introduces a motif conversion page for each motif. If a player earns this, they learn the ability to convert any item of that style assuming they can make that item from scratch. Example, if I know Hlaalu chests but not swords and find and learn the Hlaalu conversion motif, I can convert any chest, but not swords. To convert swords I need to go learn Hlaalu swords.

What would NOT NOT NOT be acceptable (to me)

- a crown cost for this of any level.

- a Byzantine system like transmute stones. Weapon traits are important...a grind is acceptable. Armor appearance is cosmetic, so the ability to change appearance should be more like the base craft system and not the more complex currency systems.