The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil Skyshards

LIIVI
LIIVI
Hi guys, sorry if this has already been asked. I'm a bit of a completionist, and have obtained every Cyrodiil skyshard except for the 4 that are locked behind the enemy alliance's respective gates. Firstly, does anyone have any good suggestions for how I could go about getting them? Are there guilds that might be able to help for example? And secondly, is it possible to get from one skyshard to the other in the same alliance? By which I mean, could I get from the Gate of Chim skyshard to the Gate of Ghartok skyshard, or is that impossible? Thanks in advance for the help!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best suggestion is to check your guest campaign ... the gates may (or may not) be open there.

After that, it’s just checking the map every so often to see the enemy back keep (and gate) status.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post your platform and alliance, that will help identify people and guilds who can help you.

For the last question - no, you can't get to the area behind one gate from another area. You have to open and go through each gate to get the shard behind it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LIIVI
    LIIVI
    Ah OK, I suspected as much. Guess I'll just need to be patient. Thanks for the help!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is your platform/server/alliance? If yours align with mine my PvP guild has groups that regularly gate the other alliances.
  • LIIVI
    LIIVI
    I'm PC/EU/AD :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. The gates open from time to time, and a message is splashed across the screen when they do. Of course, knowing the name of the gate helps as there are a few of them and they are not all open at once.

But, what stops me is the Guards at the gate. They aggro from a mile away, and hit like Mack Trucks and there are a bunch of them. I am thinking of running a guild event to get the shards because I can''t see how to do it myself. Someone said that a horse with full stamina and rapid maneuvers can make it past them, but have not had time to try it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LIIVI
    LIIVI
    Hmm yeah, I feel like a guild is probably the only way to go judging from people's responses
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have the same issue. The gates open from time to time, and a message is splashed across the screen when they do. Of course, knowing the name of the gate helps as there are a few of them and they are not all open at once.

But, what stops me is the Guards at the gate. They aggro from a mile away, and hit like Mack Trucks and there are a bunch of them. I am thinking of running a guild event to get the shards because I can''t see how to do it myself. Someone said that a horse with full stamina and rapid maneuvers can make it past them, but have not had time to try it.

I've never had a problem with those guys. All you need is a snare remover and a decent self heal. Mist Form is great if you're a vampire. Also the expedition/invis pots that drop in TG content can get you past.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Someone said that a horse with full stamina and rapid maneuvers can make it past them, but have not had time to try it.

Can confirm, this works. You do need 60 speed too of course. It helps to make sure you mark the skyshard ahead of time on your map. Do NOT run up the roads or you stand the chance of running into an enemy player. And keep going full tilt after you are through as you pointed out they do keep aggro on you for quite some distance. Stealth out as soon as possible.
    Edited by r3turn2s3nd3r on December 14, 2017 11:49PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok here is how you do that:
    1. Sign up for lower population campains as these very often are dominated by one faction.
    2. Check them very late or very early as usualy these campains get nightcaped so gates will be open.
    3. The best scenario to fast gather shards is when your faction controlls whole cyro as all you need to do is to get to first skyshard, suicide on scroll temple mobs, respawn at another gate keep (you can't port to them even if your faction controlls them) and there you go :) this way you can do this in less than 10 mins. How to pass gate keepers? Roll, reflect, mist form, shieldstack, streak, heal through them, there is no other way, stealth is not an option.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LIIVI wrote: »
    I'm PC/EU/AD :)

I am Xbox NA/AD unfortunately. Good luck with this though. I remember trying to do this when I was very new to PvP and needed all of the skyshards. Took me a while but I just PvP'd as normal and everytime the home keeps of an enemy were under attack I rushed over to the gates as quickly as I could incase they open. It doesn't even need to be your alliance that opens the gate. I got the Daggerfall gate shards by using invisibility pots and sneaking past Red players who gated the blues and were going after the blue scrolls.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a timing thing. Looking for a quiet campaign maybe your alliance has all the map. (ask guild mates to give you a shout if they see it all your colour)

Watch for campaign pop ups and charge in when gate is open

Yep a guild event is other way, which is probably the point, to get people in the war! Nothing like a big night, paint the map, get the scrolls. Emp, the glory!
    Edited by Beardimus on December 15, 2017 5:31PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Ok here is how you do that:
    1. Sign up for lower population campains as these very often are dominated by one faction.
    2. Check them very late or very early as usualy these campains get nightcaped so gates will be open.
    3. The best scenario to fast gather shards is when your faction controlls whole cyro as all you need to do is to get to first skyshard, suicide on scroll temple mobs, respawn at another gate keep (you can't port to them even if your faction controlls them) and there you go :) this way you can do this in less than 10 mins. How to pass gate keepers? Roll, reflect, mist form, shieldstack, streak, heal through them, there is no other way, stealth is not an option.
    Agree with you low pop campaign, check if your group is dominating. then go for it.
    Not sure but I never had any issue with guards, either they are missing or I just gallop past, you want your horse stamina to be topped before going. I even rode out again, but the second gate was closed so I had to suicide.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.