The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nothing new in New Life

Mephisto939
Mephisto939
✭✭✭✭
Seriously? There is zero incentive to participate for anyone who completed the event last year. Same with Witches Festival.

[edit for commentary]
Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on December 15, 2017 3:05AM
Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh well
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered, it's fun and plenty rewarding, sell the stuff you don't want to toher players, it's worth it
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran through with my main and that is exactly what I was thinking. What is the point? All the colovian hoods, mudballs, recipes, etc. I maxed out last year. The only thing I am interested in from this even is the experience boost.
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me is ok that there is nothing new. Now I can finish the final achievements I left behind on several toons.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS are the designers really this lazy? There is zero incentive to participate for anyone who completed the event last year. Same with Witches Festival.

I need to pick up the new mementos, and see what they are offering for furniture. Need some XP and Champion Points, and there are characters that need to do the achievements that did not exist last year.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they added a significant amount of new content, people would be complaining that they can only log on for one day of the entire festival, and they can't earn all the achievements, how could you ZOS, etc. Not to mention the people who weren't here last year.

I'd prefer more content, but on either side, there's people who will be upset. Treat it as 2.5 weeks of bonus xp and try to get some of the new mementos or lights.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't there new mementos?

I pretty much look at these events as double XP and that's it. Anything else is extra and appreciated but the double xp to level characters 8 and 9 is all I care about really. Will still try and get the new mementos tho.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on December 14, 2017 7:52PM
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm enjoying the new lamps and stuff, but i like light sources. hit up the achievement furnisher for items that didn't exist last year. there are definitely new runeboxes you didn't collect last year. if you don't like those or gold, then have fun with the double XP. or just stay mad, if that's what you're into.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I have Alts that I have not run through the events. Second, the EXP Boost is key to my goal of hitting 4 figures in Champ Points in a reasonable amount of time (at 968.7 right now)

There are New Lighting items for your homes, so at least were not going to get a bunch of branches to lay on the ground.

So, some new things and reasons to do the event.

But, I was hoping for more stuff this year, but I am not disappointed in the event as it is an awesome and fast way to level Alts and more Importantly skill lines you have wanted to level.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS are the designers really this lazy? There is zero incentive to participate for anyone who completed the event last year. Same with Witches Festival.
    From my perspective it is good at least to some point... less achievement grinding.. and less title grinding.. and less grinding in general ;)
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having fun! It's better than Witches' Festival!
    But ok, ok...I missed this one last year, so it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall new to me!

I am mainly after xp-boost, and skinchanger motifs and style material...so...all good! :P
    Edited by duendology on December 14, 2017 11:51PM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
    Options
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    Very true...zero incentive for me to do this since I completed it last year. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on December 15, 2017 3:18AM
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The "New" Mementos were available as consumables last year. Just copied and pasted as mementos.
    New lights, are I believe, just copies of lights already available.
    New Furnishing Vendor items, well, Ok, they are new, but all I have to do is log in and their mine. (All achievements done already). Too bad I'm out of Housing Slots and no where to put them, so meh.....
    Runeboxes??? I still have 2 dozen from last year.

Positive note tho.... It is a "Little" better than the Witches Festival. But not by much.

If, the only reason to defend ZoS on, IMO, becoming more and more lazy with the festivals, because some might have missed out on special rewards, should they bring back the Striped- Senche Tiger, the Ice Wraith Pet and the Beta Monkey?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for the new people who weren't here last year to have a chance to get stuff. BUT!
    After 4+ years and 7,000+ hours in game, finding less and less to actually get excited about..... :(

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "New" Mementos were available as consumables last year. Just copied and pasted as mementos.
    New Furnishing Vendor items, well, Ok, they are new, but all I have to do is log in and their mine. (All achievements done already). Too bad I'm out of Housing Slots and no where to put them, so meh.....

Positive note tho.... It is a "Little" better than the Witches Festival. But not by much.

If, the only reason to defend ZoS on, IMO, becoming more and more lazy with the festivals, because some might have missed out on special rewards, should they bring back the Striped- Senche Tiger, the Ice Wraith Pet and the Beta Monkey?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for the new people who weren't here last year to have a chance to get stuff. BUT!
    After 4+ years and 7,000+ hours in game, finding less and less to actually get excited about..... :(

There appear to be thousands of people doing the holiday on the PC/NA server, so I suspect that things are not nearly as fail as one might think from reading the forum today. :shrug:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you copleted it last year and don't have fun with the quests... then don't participate! Simple solution.

I did complete all the achievements last year (and am enjoying my bonfire too) and I love the quests and plan to keep doing it this year. And I won't have to save tons of oil buns for use later. :D
    Options
  • Newpoint
    Newpoint
    ✭✭
    There’s lights? All I’ve gotten is ingredients like honey. Rng in this game hates me
    Options
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest surprise [snip] was leaving only one quest giver after last years fiasco. They never learn or listen.

[edited for bashing]

The fact they keep editing and deleting my posts that disagree or criticize their company shows the bad state they are in. I am done with this game and you poor, poor developers. After I graduate with my BAA in Game Design, I will steer the industry away from your greedy corporate tactics. By the gamers, for the gamers. Enjoy that long fall to bankruptcy, you censor like china.
    Edited by SaRuZ on December 15, 2017 3:32AM
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish the gift boxes had a chance to drop about 1 to 5 transmute stones. At the moment I got 2 of the new runeboxes. I still need about 8 copies of the gold recipe (Hissmir Fish Eye I believe its name is).
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apparently fun isnt an incentive
    Options
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with this - would probably skip it anyway since I still got a few stacks of mudballs from last year >:)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually there's some rune boxes and frankly I'm glad there isn't much new. These events give me a headache. Lets not complain about it. The regular game is the fun part this is just a mild diversion. I don't want to be chasing even to event year round in some kind of event-slavery. The best events in MMOing came from the players not developers, get it straight people.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the boxes can contain flowers, which I need, such as columbine and bugloss. I also like the lights that can drop.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all will complain about anything
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    The biggest surprise [snip] was leaving only one quest giver after last years fiasco. They never learn or listen.

[edited for bashing]

The fact they keep editing and deleting my posts that disagree or criticize their company shows the bad state they are in. I am done with this game and you poor, poor developers. After I graduate with my BAA in Game Design, I will steer the industry away from your greedy corporate tactics. By the gamers, for the gamers. Enjoy that long fall to bankruptcy, you censor like china.

Wew laddy
    Options
  • Carokube
    Carokube
    ✭✭✭
    The event could literally only be a double XP boost and it would still be worth it so I'm not complaining.
    Trade Guilds | Shatner's Trade Dominion | Blackbriar Barter Co | Black Dragon Apothecary | The Ska'vyn Bazaar
    PVE Guilds | The Shogunate
    The CaroCrew | Jesulon (DC) | Jilandara (DC) | Juniper Wind (AD) | Jostine (AD) | Jura (EP) | Jtala (EP) | Jysha (EP)
    CP600!!+ (and still not a vMA clear) | NA | PC
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ohh god no the current owners of those animals would freak
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to say that mudball is a very practical memento.. I actually use it as "you're a jerk" message. lol There's also this other one that lets you throw flower petals (but no in this festival) at player or npc.. which expresses my gratitude or admiration.
    Very practical..already tested them in game. They've been working so far. :P
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like these are the reasons MMO's stagnate ...
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting topic in the way that I am curious about the statistics only ZOS can provide. The number of real oldies feeling jaded (because there's nothing to do anymore ) and the number of new players running like crazy all over the Tamriel now. ;P

I'd speculate that they couldn't be bothered to invent something new this event because the number of New Players is big enough to repeat the rewards and quests?

I've been playing for nearly a year now...but. when did all those events launch? If it's a recent thing..maybe ZOS wants to do some rotation..every two years or so? Meaning.. maybe next year, some new elements will be added.

Also keep in mind that not all players spend 6 hours (or more!!!) daily playing, you realise.. so most likely MANY players missed a lot last year.
    Edited by duendology on December 15, 2017 5:10PM
    PC/NA
    And..

Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »

[edited for bashing]

Those greedy corporate tactics are what pays the game designers salaries. If you are going to shake up the industry your curriculum should be loaded with business courses, you will need them.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options