The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cannot complete Character Creation - Game-breaking Bug

TheAstaroath
TheAstaroath
✭✭✭
Hello,
I am in need of assistance. I purchased The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - Standard Edition yesterday evening, and although I can login in my account just fine, while in the character creation screen I cannot finalize creation of my character and play. I input the character's name, lock the creation sliders and press the Create button yet nothing happens ! The Create button goes black, I cannot click on it again and literally does nothing further, I cannot proceed further into the game, even though I should receive an ingame message asking me to play the tutorial at that point. Here is a screenshot of my character creation screen, with the Create button blacked out:

https://imgur.com/a/Hk3o2

P.S. I wanna thank /r/ElderScrollsOnline Discord channel moderator Paul and Zenimax employee ZOS_OctoberL for providing as much assistance as possible up to now.

• Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How strange, no error telling you the name is already in use?
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No problem @TheAstaroath , it's my pleasure to try and assist you. :smile: .

I hope your problem gets fixed soon!
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did you solve it?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheAstaroath : The screenshot shows that Create button is blacked out on the page where you select the Body build of the character. Did you also use the Head feature to its right?

Probably you should select the Head icon even if you are satisfied with the default (-?-) shown on the screenshot, and select the either the default or a different Head/Face, perhaps lock it. Then use the Create button on the display screen at the bottom of the Head page.

Please lettuce know if that works for you. :wink:

Note: a player can select the Head before selecting the Body and alternate between the two. If I recall correctly, at least the first icon (for name, gender, race, and Alliance) must be selected before either the Class, body, or face are available. (It's been a while since I created another character, currently I have five.)

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Click the randomize button. Does that make create clickable?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Click the randomize button. Does that make create clickable?
    Using Randomize would not affect any characteristic that is locked, would it? Does it only affect the part of the Character Creation interface on which it is used?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi