The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Guard Resistances in PvP No-CP vs CP

havingacow
havingacow
✭✭✭
Hello all,

First off, yes I am a loser who has nothing better to do than test the resistances of guards across different campaigns. But I think the results are pretty cool, so here you go.

I tested three types of guards in Sotha Sil and Vivec to see their different resistances, the main goal was to see if there actually was any difference. Also, I was bored and I thought it would be fun.

Method:
To test the resistances I used the Two-Handed Ultimate (Beserker -unmorphed I don't know if that matters, don't know what the morphs are). The skill basically will ignore all the resistances that are on an enemy and grant you their resistances for 8 seconds. So given my base resistances for physical and spell I would only use the ultimate and then run away from the guards to try and avoid any extra resistances. Then I would look at Combat Metrics to find out what my maximum resistances were, then subtract that amount with the base amount of resistances that I have. Therefore, I would get their numbers.

Lastly, I made sure that the guards I used the ultimate on were at least at a Level 1 keep, so that the results would be consistent. Farm Level 1 and Mine Level 1 increase the guards resistances. I'm unsure about Mine Level 1, because it just says "Armour Increased for Guards", so it's a maybe, but whatever, did it for both campaign tests.

Results:
Guard #1: Just the normal guard, their titles are Dominion Guard, Pact Guard, Covenant Guard

No-CP:
Health: 80k
Physical Resistance: 9100
Spell Resistance: 18200
CP:
Health: 90k
Physical Resistance: 9760
Spell Resistance: 20680

Summary: There is a 660 difference for the Physical and 2480 difference for Spell.

Guard #2: Flag Mender Guard
No-CP:
Health: 48k
Physical Resistance: 0
Spell Resistance: 10647
CP:
Health: 52k
Physical Resistance: 660
Spell Resistance: 12371

Summary: There is a 660 difference in Physical and 1724 difference for Spell.

Guard #3: Flag Honor Guard
No-CP:
Health: 48k
Physical Resistance: 9100
Spell Resistance: 20020
CP:
Health: 52k
Physical Resistance: 9760
Spell Resistance: 22682

Summary: There is a 660 difference in Physical and 2662 difference for Spell.

What do you do with this information? I don't know, just be a physical damage dealer, looks like you can farm resources easier that way.

Also, on a side note, I did testing in PvE as well, almost everything has a resistance of 9100 for both Physical and Spell. That includes World bosses, snakes, scorpions, normal friendly NPCs, hostile monsters, ghosts, kagouti. The only thing that didn't was Town Guards, those dudes have like 10.2mil health and have 15040 resistance.
I also have recorded video tests of each of these attempts to test the resistances if you don't believe me. I can snip them all together and make them into a video, but I thought it would be better if I just made a text post summarizing all the results.
Thanks for reading this far.

tl;dr: Champion Point Campaign's guards, as expected and should be, have more resistances than no-CP campaigns.
Toons:
fugly elf - AD Templar AR 32
fugly's brother - EP Nightblade AR 23
moist aphrodisiacs - EP Templar AR 13
t h i c c - DC Nightblade AR 13
Sir Velyn Harbor - AD Nightblade AR 22
it's pronounced zed - DC Sorcerer AR 17
Nothing is True Everything is Permitted
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you test the noob campaign too? Because, I suspect they have brutally negative resistances and hang out at flag spots just for show, to deter unaware noobs, who have not yet poked them to find the truth.