The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown motif opened automatically not on my crafter toon, and zos told me tough luck.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh gems?!

I'm so sorry
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    Phage wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »

Quite a few of my guildies have had their toons rolled back several levels before during updates / hotfixes.

so your friends constantly do stupid things and expect ZOS to fix them, and then so do you and then cry when ZOS wont fix it. ZOS shouldnt fix this. as others said, why the hell would you buy it on a toon that isnt going to use it.
    i thought you hated crown crates, so how did you get all these gems?

btw, to everyone saying its cheap to buy, its not 5k for the complete book or at least iv never seen one for that. the gems get the complete motif, not one page.

Ok really, think about the cost of 200 gems. That's on average at least 15-20 crates worth. Let's be conservative and call it about $50 in value.

Versus the in-game way, buying each motif for 5k or less.

200 gems ($50) or ~80k in-game gold?

I'm going gold everytime.

Yeah, my lesson was mega learned. And now that I know of that site, I will be more careful. Pretty silly that I need surgery lvl caution in a game tho. lol. ( Yes I used to assist in oral surgery )

It's one of ZOS's scummy sales tactics: offer up for real money (usually overpriced) things that can be easily obtained in-game with gold. Don't feel too bad about it, though. Just another learning experience. I hope you get your gems back, or your motif book, and get at least some sort of resolution.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gems?!

I'm so sorry

Yeah, I got 3000 crowns from somewhere tho, so id like to think it was from zos for my troubles.

: wishful thinking :
    Slick_007 wrote: »

Quite a few of my guildies have had their toons rolled back several levels before during updates / hotfixes.

so your friends constantly do stupid things and expect ZOS to fix them, and then so do you and then cry when ZOS wont fix it. ZOS shouldnt fix this. as others said, why the hell would you buy it on a toon that isnt going to use it.
    i thought you hated crown crates, so how did you get all these gems?

btw, to everyone saying its cheap to buy, its not 5k for the complete book or at least iv never seen one for that. the gems get the complete motif, not one page.

Ok really, think about the cost of 200 gems. That's on average at least 15-20 crates worth. Let's be conservative and call it about $50 in value.

Yeah, my lesson was mega learned. And now that I know of that site, I will be more careful. Pretty silly that I need surgery lvl caution in a game tho. lol. ( Yes I used to assist in oral surgery )

It's one of ZOS's scummy sales tactics: offer up for real money (usually overpriced) things that can be easily obtained in-game with gold. Don't feel too bad about it, though. Just another learning experience. I hope you get your gems back, or your motif book, and get at least some sort of resolution.

See above =P.
    Edited by Jade1986 on December 14, 2017 2:06AM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the transmog system comes out you can craft the gear with your crafter and convert it to the outlaw style with the character you learned it on. Not the best work around since it's costly, but it's better than learning traits all over again.

Or just spend gold on the motifs chapters in-game.
    [DC/NA]
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    So pretty much title. I spent 200 gems on the Outlaw Motif, and I happened to be on a different character that isnt my crafter. I then open my inventory to place the motif in my bank so I could learn it with my crafter, andboom. 200 gems down the drain. I send a ticket, and this is what they told me.

Question Subject: Customer Service Ticket
    Question Reference # 171212-001820
    Date Created: 12/12/2017 01:44 PM
    Date Last Updated: 12/13/2017 04:59 PM

Message Log:
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 12/13/2017 04:59 PM
    Greetings Adventurer!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Carmen and it would be my pleasure to help guide you today. I want to thank you for taking the time to reach out to us about this issue at hand, as well as your patience while we figure out a solution to this matter.

Thank you for your explanation of your current situation, I understand how concerning this must be! As it stands, we are currently unable to restore recipes or motifs that have been learned. This would be unfair to other players as you can not unlearn a recipe once you have obtained the knowledge.

However, It is quite beneficial to your character to have learned such a motif! You can use the product of your newly learned knowledge for:
    The benefit of your character during adventures.
    The benefit of your friends and guild mates.
    The chance to make some extra gold by making the recipe and selling the food or drink in zone chat or guild chat! (This can be quite lucrative)
    Leveling up your provisioning skill line further
    If you have any further questions or concerns about anything we support please feel free to contact us back. We would be more than happy to further assist you with your matter!

Thank you for your continued interest and support! Happy questing!

Sincerely,
    Carmen
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I mean are you serious now? So because of a glitch I lost 200 gems just like that? Do you guys REALLY expect me to spend MONTHS to get all the traits learned with this character, when I ALREADY have them learned on my crafter? Do not tell me there is nothing you can do. People get rolled back all the time in this game, you guys CAN have the character unlearn it and refund the gems to my account. This is seriously beyond terrible customer service. I spent money on that motif and the reply was pretty much "tough ***"

And even worse, they seem to be confusing motif with food / drink recipe.

The message they sent is so cringy like are they that disconnected with there game that they think making things in the outlaw style is a good for making gold.

To the op tho I know this sucks and zos is being being dumb about this but this is a cheap motif to get I'd just say up and hit the trade guilds.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, every ticket gets marked Solved and gets closed by ZOS in the first response. Reply to the email. I agree with other posters here that you were less cautious than you should have been, but you still got caught by a bug.

Everyone else: Imagine you're buying crates while on a character other than your crafter and you got a BA motif. If you automatically learned it or couldn't move it, you'd be pretty upset. Sure, it's only Outlaw, but still, this should not have happened.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, It is quite beneficial to your character to have learned such a motif!

Completely f^&*ing clueless CS.

This is one of the things I find troubling about the crown store. There's seriously terrible value for money for some of their items - especially motifs - and a really good chance that new players could buy something then learn that they've been ripped off.

Not only is that *** and I wouldn't wish that on other players, but it's no good for the business. People who feel ripped off are less likely to spend more money on the game.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. :/ I wasn't aware of this (not that I have nearly enough gems to buy a motif), so thanks for taking one for the team, OP.

Hope you escalate it and get this resolved.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol not only did you buy a cheap motif for 200 gems, it was completely wasted.

all i can say is ouch

Buoyant Armiger back in crown store for gems please :)
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Due all respect you are probably lying about sth. In bank/inventory window there is no way you can just learn the motif, key e oy transfer between your inv/bank, and if I remember correctly even right click item in that window does not have the use option.

And if you are just opening the inventory, then you are not transferring it to bank (not like you need to take it out of craft bag), and that's more like a mis-click on your end, not a glitch
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The message they sent is so cringy like are they that disconnected with there game that they think making things in the outlaw style is a good for making gold.

To the op tho I know this sucks and zos is being being dumb about this but this is a cheap motif to get I'd just say up and hit the trade guilds.

That's either auto-generated, or the product of a CS rep, who's reading from a script. (Probably Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.)

Usually politely replying and pushing the issue will get someone to actually look at it.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lesson learned: but it is annoying motifs are learned individually.

It is also annoying that crown purchases do not carry over from PC-NA to PC-EU.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesson learned: but it is annoying motifs are learned individually.

It is also annoying that crown purchases do not carry over from PC-NA to PC-EU.

Agreed. Especially since it leads to advice like, "make sure you do all your crafting on one character." In retrospect, I wish I'd known that some day I'd need all six skill lines on one character, instead of splitting my crafting across four. So, I've got a provisioner with a bunch of rare recipes, and then my furniture crafter, who can do everything else.
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    TS, as other people already said, you should try to write CS again and again until you get what you're asking. I don't see a problem here to move your motif from one character to another or refund. Recently I had a conversation with CS and in P.S. mentioned that my beta test monkey had been still on another account, I just wrote another account email and immediately got my monkey on main account. CS experience most definitely depends on a Zos employee, some of them are pretty 'useless' and some of them are incredibly helpful and nice.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happen to me I made a thread about it with the a motif I bought with money from the crown store, was a crown store only motif.

I switched characters and when I did the crown store showcase appeared and I saw the motif Grim Harlequin. I got supper excited bc I missed it last year and bought it as soon as I read it I noticed I was on the wrong character.

I sent a ticket in and got the same response of sorry once you open the book we can move it to another character. This is such bull bc they could go into ur account they could wipe it from that character and they could give you another book or the crowns back to buy it on the right character. They choose not too they choose to be jerks and not help out and give you a big F U.

So I had to go on my main and pay for the damn motif twice bc ZoS is lazy. I have played many mmos in my day and mistakes happen but GMs if given proof would always go into ur account and fix it no issue. This is just pure laziness and bad customer care.

Shame on you ZoS for treating paying customers like this.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About motifs being bound to the character that bought it - Is this only for motifs directly purchased with gems? I ask because I got motifs from crates on one character then put them in my bank so another character could learn them.

Also, that canned response from customer service is awkward and off-putting. It's like delivering bad news with a huge, unnatural, forced smile.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CSR may be able to add items, but they may not have the tools to remove them. Though you may be able to keep responding, keeping the ticket open, till the matter is sent to someone who can. To be honest given the ease of acquiring that motif vs the cost in gems and the money spent to earn those gems... they should just give you another one on the character needed instead of worrying about removing it on the one who learned it.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought that hard to find Morrowind motif (forgot the name of it) and made sure i bought it on my crafter. I'd have died a little inside had it popped on another toon. I've used purple housing plans on my non crafter before and learned my lesson never to buy shite on the wrong toon. Belts and braces and all that malarkey.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wont judge OP for buyng trash item for 200 gems, it is irrelevant. But dont you think that customer service reply looks more like trolling?
    Rawr
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    I wont judge OP for buyng trash item for 200 gems, it is irrelevant. But dont you think that customer service reply looks more like trolling?

It's in keeping with all their responses. Some generic trash that they don't dare deviate from. It's a bit similar to calling your internet provider up and they have no answers if the issue isn't on their little list of generic questions such as "switch your router off, then on", "are all the wires in properly" and so on. It's at that moment you know their customers aren't held in very high regard.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    Due all respect you are probably lying about sth. In bank/inventory window there is no way you can just learn the motif, key e oy transfer between your inv/bank, and if I remember correctly even right click item in that window does not have the use option.

And if you are just opening the inventory, then you are not transferring it to bank (not like you need to take it out of craft bag), and that's more like a mis-click on your end, not a glitch

As I already said I was buying other stuff too. As in o had stacks of other stuff to split.

Anyway. I have messaged several cs ppl sp fqr and have only gotten different versions of the same nonsense.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt know. : shrug :

Well maybe now you'll think about actually doing research and learning a thing or two before wasting real life currency on virtual goods
    Master Debater
  • Bax
    Bax
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why some people blame OP.

Whole programming is about making user friendly interface. And main goal to achieve user friendliness is to keep things consistent. So for example if you click on floppy disk icon in some text editor, you expect it will save what you wrote. If you click on floppy disk icon in paint, you also expect it will save your drawing. If you click on floppy disk icon in some other application and you get all your data erased, there is probably something wrong with the application, isn't it?

The same goes for ESO. When you get motif in game, you get paper-like or book-like icon in your inventory. In order to learn motif you click on the icon in your inventory. Icon then disappears. So it is just normal to expect that if you buy motif in gem/crown store, you will get book-like icon in your inventory of that motif. If it works differently, it should be clearly stated on purchase page (something like "WARNING: Motif will be automatically used upon purchase on your current character"). If there is no such warning, OP should be refunded. BS about "we are not able to unlearn it" is just lame excuse. They can do it. And they should do it.
    Edited by Bax on December 14, 2017 5:35PM
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Akaviri Gold book in the Crown crates and I could bank them... just saying...
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bug or glitch is way different than player error.

On the plus side, you already have good advice in your signature: Live.Love.Learn

How is it player error when I simply opened my inventory, so I could put it in my bank. I never clicked on it, and i never opened it myself. Hit I for inventory, and it opened :/

Oh btw, you can't move em, if I'm right it's not a glitch, you must Purchase the item with the correct character

I think it even says that

Its bind on pickup, like everything in the store, but that never stopped me from putting it in the bank and using it on the character i wanted to.

I had made a new account and with the random crate I bought it had a motif, it would not allow me to move it. So I do understand your frustrations, I'm thinking motifs can't be moved. I do remember reading somewhere something about this ?

I got an extra ashlander motif in the crown crate. I moved it from my main to my storage character. It is movable.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »

It's in keeping with all their responses. Some generic trash that they don't dare deviate from. It's a bit similar to calling your internet provider up and they have no answers if the issue isn't on their little list of generic questions such as "switch your router off, then on", "are all the wires in properly" and so on. It's at that moment you know their customers aren't held in very high regard.

Funny thing, that. In attempt to look as correct and tolerant as possible they actually look wierd and mockingly
    Rawr
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

was just pointing out the people saying the motif is only 5k are incorrect. But i would be tempted to spend the gems if i had them and iv got gems from some of the free crates so its not quite as bad as your example. if i was hunting the motif, id just spend the gold.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Didnt know. : shrug :

Well maybe now you'll think about actually doing research and learning a thing or two before wasting real life currency on virtual goods

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. ExCUSE me for expecting the game to work properly.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bax wrote: »
    I don't get why some people blame OP.

Whole programming is about making user friendly interface. And main goal to achieve user friendliness is to keep things consistent. So for example if you click on floppy disk icon in some text editor, you expect it will save what you wrote. If you click on floppy disk icon in paint, you also expect it will save your drawing. If you click on floppy disk icon in some other application and you get all your data erased, there is probably something wrong with the application, isn't it?

The same goes for heroes. When you get motif in game, you get paper-like or book-like icon in your inventory. In order to learn motif you click on the icon in your inventory. Icon then disappears. So it is just normal to expect that if you buy motif in gem/crown store, you will get book-like icon in your inventory of that motif. If it works differently, it should be clearly stated on purchase page (something like "WARNING: Motif will be automatically used upon purchased on your current character"). If there is no such warning, OP should be refunded. BS about "we are not able to unlearn it" is just lame excuse. They can do it. And they should do it.

Thank you. I shouldn't have to do a days worth of research to buy something in the store.
  • SkoomaHoover
    SkoomaHoover
    Soul Shriven
    To be fair, not doing anything to help would have been the better option for ZOS to make. You remove one motif off of a character and then everyone will want to do the same. And then comes the people that wish to take advantage of it. Sure it was a honest mistake (Albeit a stupid one), but it's not practical to retract the motif knowledge off of your character.

And this guy actually went out of his ways to list possible uses of the motif you've learned. I feel like you've been treated pretty well. Just because you didn't get your desired result it doesn't mean that you weren't provided good customer service. I don't get why you've wasted your time posting it up on the forums though?
    Well actually I have several theories as to why you are doing this, but i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume that you're as immature as that.