The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with returning magplar please!!

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
hi all.
I have returned to eso after a 9 month gap.
my magplar doesn't seem what it was..
cpuld be im out of practice but also im sure skills cost more now I'm running out of resourse quicker..
Advice needed?
should I return to play stamplar instead
Edited by Syiccal on December 14, 2017 7:14AM
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    The 'Help' title is a bit... non-descript.

Also, lack of resources is a method the developers used to balance. The reduction in cost attributes in the Champion tree have been removed. Be sure to re-select Champion points.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    hi all.

cpuld be im out of practice but also im sure skills cost more now I'm running out of resourse quicker..
    Advice needed?
    should I return to play stamplar instead

You will have the same issues with Stamina A couple of updates ago, they changed the combat balance and yes, your going to use up your resources faster. As an example, until this update, I never used Tri Pots except under extreme circumstances. Now, I am always running out of them.

Best thing to try is to put a couple of Spell Cost Reduction Glyphs on your Jewelry, make sure you have all the Light Armor passives that help with costs (which means you have to have at least 5 Light)

Also, Heavy Attacks return resources now, so weave in Full Charged heavy attacks as go through the fight. Medium Attacks won't work. Also, since you have been gone a while, your Champ Points may have been refunded, but for sure, you may need to respec those. Instead of the cost reduction star, use the Tenacity which increases Resource Return.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently running 6 heavy/1 medium using
    5 soulshine
    5 transmutation .. back bar s./b
    2 skoria
    2 torugs pact .dw
    using thief mundus
    I don't use cost reduction so can change that but is the other stuff still decent or is there better gear now
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem what it was because of the need to run built in sustain you never had before. Having to drop damage hurt us more than stamina. Stamina toons heavy attack as part of their rotation, for magplar, this is not the case. You need to run destroy staff to do that...Which is a bummer since it doesn't synergize well with us. Or a resto staff offbar, which kills back bar "tankability". Or run three regen glyphs...Or run a sustain set. On top of already needing a defense set. It hurt magplar more than any other class I think. Our built in magic sustain is ***. And let's get real, channeled focus isn't worth the magic it costs. WTB a free to cast magic return skill...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're Homestead heavy armor build is going to run you out of magicka.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea exactly what I'm finding ^^
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trans backbar is still decent, skoria is the same as always, there are far better sets out now than soulshine, id suggest light armor something like Shacklebreaker is pretty solid combo with Trans, you get decent stampool so you can run withcmothers potent brew and have really good regen. Its crafted 6 trait set so fairly easy to obtain. Wear 5 body pieces and then your weapon of your choice the frontbar, 2 torugs swords still work.
    This way you dont have to change your setup much and have a viable build running.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just finished changing and now running the same with trans back bar except im using 5 light fortified brass 1 medium skoria shoulder and 1 heavy skoria helm.
    So far in the couple of tests I have done (duels) it's much better
    Edited by Syiccal on December 14, 2017 5:17PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 49% crit and 2041 dmg just wondering if should change from thief mundus to spell dmg instead?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I'm currently running 6 heavy/1 medium using
    5 soulshine
    5 transmutation .. back bar s./b
    2 skoria
    2 torugs pact .dw
    using thief mundus
    I don't use cost reduction so can change that but is the other stuff still decent or is there better gear now

Change soulshine for War Maien and 2 transmutation swords and you will be OK
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique