Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Help w/ Dark Elf Warden

Meiun
Meiun
✭✭
Hello,
Doing some research and I'm having trouble making a commitment on a Dark Elf Ranger-type character. I'm wanting the bow and bear, mix in fire and poison/disease damage. I can see it in my head, but can't decide what sets to use for the armor/jewelry/weapons. I think it would be fun to play red mountain or even defiler sets, but would I be missing out on the pure-stat love of shacklebreaker?
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fire and poison????? become dk or templar, run Shackle + Swamp raider + Valkyn. Thing is, DK don't really have a lot of ranged abilities, and Templar don't really have a lot of fire/poison abilities (they have vampire's bane)

Warden has no fire abilities and 1 poison ability.

That said, Swamp raider isn't a great set. You also have to consider whether you are doing this for PvE or Pvp.

PvE, it might be feasible, but I would recommend something like Pelinals (you would be losing out on resources) so that you have extra strong poison damage, but also sturdy fire damage (like i said above, you are lacking in resources)

Edit: included the Poison damage sets

Morag Tong

Night Terror _ This is more of a reactive/defensive set, I don't recommend it as much

Poisonous Serpent - not sure if this set has a cool down, but excellent for those who are good at weaving

Swamp raider - the set i mentioned earlier

Viper's Sting - not quite as good as it once was, not sure if it will proc Valkyn Skoria.

If you aren't worried about health, put all stam (normally i'd suggest tri-stat armor, but hakeijo is expensive) in armor, build up magicka in attributes and tri-food, and get Warrior mundus stone with Divines on small armor and infused on large (for PvE).

Don't run this if you are going PvP
    Edited by Gan Xing on December 13, 2017 11:48PM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...