The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What am I doing wrong here. (PvE Stamknight DPS parses)

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Every single run on my test dummy tells me the same numbers over and over, regardless of my available sets or abilities switched in and out.

Specifically for this, my Stamknight. On average its 20k - 22k, at best i managed 25k. Listing the details to follow,

Build
Kahjiit
Max Stamina = 34.5k
Recovery = 1225
Crit = 58.5% front, 62% back
Self Buffed Damage = 4490
Mundus = Warrior

DW/Bow
Nirn Sword & Precise Dagger/Precise Bow

6 Med, 1 Heavy Armor
5pc Hundings
5pc Morag Tong
2pc Slimecraw

Rotation
Igneous Buff > Hail > LA > Poison Inject > swap > Rearming Trap > LA > Breath > LA > Slashes > LA > Venom Claw > HA > Blood Craze x2 > swap

The reason I chose Morag Tong with Slimecraw is the Poison utility. Tong increases poison damage from all sources by 10%, so good for the group too yeah?, Slimecraw adds 8% damage done, and another 2.5% for the Sword. I figure since that should include Poison damage, thats twice buffed extra damage for my Breath, Claws, and Poison glyph on the Sword. With 1200 recovery I have enough sustain with a few heavy attacks to keep the rotation going, but I just cant break my 25k peak. And I want to take this charcter into Trials someday.

https://youtu.be/wOqH5jsxKbk
Edited by ArchMikem on December 14, 2017 1:08PM
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam DKs don't use a spammable, instead use mostly heavy attacks on their front bar. You're missing Caltrops, Deadly Cloak, Flames of Oblivion (some people use this, some don't) and you should also use the Molten Armaments morph to buff your heavy attacks then use weapon power potions for Major Brutality.

Your recovery is very high. I don't have my stam DK leveled yet but the way I understand it is they are incredibly easy to sustain with regardless of race.

If you're just looking to hit high numbers on a dummy you'd be better off using the lover mundus with a penetration set like TFS (Spriggans would likely be a good alternative if you don't have TFS) instead of Morag Tong. If you're looking to hit good numbers on a legit group setup then you'll want to drop Slimecraw for something like Velidreth or Spawn of Mephala because Slimecraw gives you the same buff as combat prayer.

As a Khajiit you're fine not using two daggers but axe would be better than sword.

There's also some rotation issues if you're having trouble hitting 25k. I'd recommend looking at some parses on YouTube to get an idea of what your rotation should look like then record your own parses to see if you can find your mistakes.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Every single run on my test dummy tells me the same numbers over and over, regardless of my available sets or abilities switched in and out.

Specifically for this, my Stamknight. On average its 20k - 22k, at best i managed 25k. Listing the details to follow,

Build
    Kahjiit
    Max Stamina = 34.5k
    Recovery = 1225
    Crit = 58.5% front, 62% back
    Self Buffed Damage = 4490
    Mundus = Warrior

DW/Bow
    Nirn Sword & Precise Dagger/Precise Bow

6 Med, 1 Heavy Armor
    5pc Hundings
    5pc Morag Tong
    2pc Slimecraw

Rotation
    Igneous Buff > Hail > LA > Poison Inject > swap > Rearming Trap > LA > Breath > LA > Slashes > LA > Venom Claw > HA > Blood Craze x2 > swap

The reason I chose Morag Tong with Slimecraw is the Poison utility. Tong increases poison damage from all sources by 10%, so good for the group too yeah?, Slimecraw adds 8% damage done, and another 2.5% for the Sword. I figure since that should include Poison damage, thats twice buffed extra damage for my Breath, Claws, and Poison glyph on the Sword. With 1200 recovery I have enough sustain with a few heavy attacks to keep the rotation going, but I just cant break my 25k peak. And I want to take this charcter into Trials someday.

Remove blood craze and do 3 heavy attacks on your front bar. You helm isn't optimal either I'd run veli or kraghs. Also do you have a maelstrom bow? I would trait change your off hand weapon from precise to infused. People sometimes run a pen set for parses as well so keep that in mind (you can still get over 35k with MT hundings tho.

It looks to me like your hail is prolly falling off along with all your dots, so just stick to a 3 heavy attack rotation. I also noticed your not using flames of oblivion or blade cloak id work those in too.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Stam DKs don't use a spammable, instead use mostly heavy attacks on their front bar. You're missing Caltrops, Deadly Cloak, Flames of Oblivion (some people use this, some don't) and you should also use the Molten Armaments morph to buff your heavy attacks then use weapon power potions for Major Brutality.

I've slotted those three before and saw no major difference, so that would mean there's an issue in the rotation. But if there is the issue is beyond my comprehension atm. And the reason behind not using crafted potions is my lacking capability in Alchemy, as well as no spending Gold to just buy stacks until I've amassed the resources to craft my own. I'm very limited in what I can have.

I can put Caltrops on my Bow Bar cause honestly I had Lethal Arrow in it's place during my last test. But to use Deadly Cloak as well I'd have to give up one of my DoTs, cause frankly for me I need Bloodthirst as a source of consistent self healing without having to resort to bar changing for Vigor.
    Your recovery is very high. I don't have my stam DK leveled yet but the way I understand it is they are incredibly easy to sustain with regardless of race.

I've noticed anything under 1200 and my pool begins to have problems not emptying after a couple rotations, even with HA's thrown in. Sure the passives give me a return whenever I use an ultimate but that's not consistent enough.
    As a Khajiit you're fine not using two daggers but axe would be better than sword.

I read in a build somewhere the 8% chance on an Axe isn't worth it. I do have an Axe though it's not Gold and I lose even more Crit. However I'd balance that by switching to Viper's, which provides Crit with a loss to flat damage.

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really really should post a video of your parse.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not only does stam DK not use a spammable but they don't use Dubious either, they don't need to sustain as all they do is heavy attack so they run blue food
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can get on that after i wake up tonight. Though im sure people are just gonna say things like "youre not animation canceling" which to this day im not entirely sure how thats done. Even after 2 1/2 years i still feel like a low level..
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭

I can get on that after i wake up tonight. Though im sure people are just gonna say things like "youre not animation canceling" which to this day im not entirely sure how thats done. Even after 2 1/2 years i still feel like a low level..

You can get higher then 25k without animation canceling. If you tweek a few things you will be getting alot higher dps. I also feel like your crit is pretty low for being a khajit I wonder why. Is your gear all golded out? Just remove spamable and use heavies you will get better numbers. Also big thing are you using molten armaments or igneous weapons, use molten weapons if biss your heavies alot.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not. You can diagnose bad DPS very easily with a video, and not so easily with text. Great example- this guy had a post a while back asking for help with his dps. His gear was close to optimal, had a bunch of CP, yet his dps was terrible. I told him to post a video. Within the first 20 seconds of watching the video, it became obvious that the guy had the WORST rotation ever. It was cringe level horrendous. If it weren't for the video, the guy would not have gotten any useful help.

And if your video shows a perfect rotation, then we know it's your gear that needs work.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on December 14, 2017 12:59AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put up a video of my parse in the OP. This time at 24.9k.

At 1:00 in I made a mistake and forgot to cast Caltrops. From there it just felt like my mind was suddenly in "dammit, keep it together" mode, cause I missed a step and my rotation got screwed up in my head. I also sometimes forget to notice that Rearming Trap times out so several seconds go by where it's not active until I realize I need to cast it again.

Forgive me for being skeptical but I just can't see how changing to Molten Armaments and spamming HA's up's the dps, even if the attack damage is buffed.

I also feel like your crit is pretty low for being a khajit I wonder why. Is your gear all golded out?

Everything's purple save the Sword and Dagger. I don't have the mats to gold out entire armor sets. Morag Tong doesn't provide any Crit which is why it's below 60%. If I were to change it out to Vipers I can get it up over that, or switch out the Sword for a second Dagger but then I'd need to Gold that too and I have like, 2 Tempers. Also I'm not getting Major Savagery from anything.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double dagger or dagger axe
    wrong weapon traits
    recovery too high
    your armor sets give no pen
    warrior raid, lover solo
    i dont know if you have maelstrom bow

self buffed i can hit 43 to 44k, 60k plus depending how good group buffs are

2 veli, 5 vo, 5 tfs solo test

stam dks have the highest single target dps, not hard to hit high with it
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    wrong weapon traits
    recovery too high
    warrior raid, lover solo

What weapon traits then?

Lower recovery means my sustain turns to crap.

I'd use Spriggins if the Bosmer style wasn't uglier than sin with those spikes. Sure if Transmog actually becomes a thing.

I'm not nearly enough of a Masochist to farm Maelstrom.

And your two 5pc sets are both Trial gear and I never get into Trials.
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    wrong weapon traits
    recovery too high
    warrior raid, lover solo

What weapon traits then?

Lower recovery means my sustain turns to crap.

I'd use Spriggins if the Bosmer style wasn't uglier than sin with those spikes. Sure if Transmog actually becomes a thing.

I'm not nearly enough of a Masochist to farm Maelstrom.

And your two 5pc sets are both Trial gear and I never get into Trials.

So you don't have a vma bow? Because that right there is like 15 percent of your dps.

As for weapon traits nirn main hand and infused off hand.

Don't bother with spriggans for group play, I'd pair your Morag tong with hundings or VO. and deffinetly use velidreth. If you fell comfortable with 6 1 then it's ok but I like 7 medium in all situations.

I watched a bit of your parse and your not using the dk standard witch is one of the best ultis in the game for boosting damage.

Are you running any regen on your jewelry if so only run weapon damage with heavy attack builds you don't need regen.

Those rapid strikes in your rotation are a pretty big dps loss, and if other classes had a molten armaments they'd pull just as high dps if not higher.

I wish you the best of luck with your rotation :smiley:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't have a vma bow? Because that right there is like 15 percent of your dps.

Don't bother with spriggans for group play, I'd pair your Morag tong with hundings or VO. and deffinetly use velidreth. If you fell comfortable with 6 1 then it's ok but I like 7 medium in all situations.

I watched a bit of your parse and your not using the dk standard witch is one of the best ultis in the game for boosting damage.

Are you running any regen on your jewelry if so only run weapon damage with heavy attack builds you don't need regen.

Those rapid strikes in your rotation are a pretty big dps loss, and if other classes had a molten armaments they'd pull just as high dps if not higher.

Never completed vMA once. Got Voriak down to 6k then wiped. Wiped several more times then never went back. If the offhand is Infused what's the enchantment to be? Decrease armor? My Sword is already Nirned.

My setup is already 5pc Hundings and 5pc Morag Tong. I do have a Vicious Neck and Legs in my bank so far. But trials are few for me. I'll try a parse using Standard next then, I forgot about the 12% damage done. But it's 250 cost means it takes awhile to cast.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never completed vMA once. Got Voriak down to 6k then wiped. Wiped several more times then never went back. If the offhand is Infused what's the enchantment to be? Decrease armor? My Sword is already Nirned.

My setup is already 5pc Hundings and 5pc Morag Tong. I do have a Vicious Neck and Legs in my bank so far. But trials are few for me. I'll try a parse using Standard next then, I forgot about the 12% damage done. But it's 250 cost means it takes awhile to cast.

dont expect to hit high numbers till you get a vma bow and farm out some trial gear like tfs, vo.
    spriggans is an alternative but it provides no crit bonus, big minus.
    standard is such a powerful ulti, start using it

you would be better off using 5 hundings, 5 nmg, 2 mephala since you dont have tfs or vo

stam dks have no resource problems, heavy attacks and ultis sustain just fine along with weapon power pots
    Edited by SoLooney on December 15, 2017 8:20AM
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭

Your main hand should be poison off hand weapon damage spell damage enchant. You shouldn't using swords, go daggers or dagger axe but any other combination is a dps loss. The 250 ult for standard is worth it definitely. Your gear setup is ok I'd just work on getting daggers. Also make sure you only use weapon damage glyphs (gold preferably) on your jewelry.
    Edited by Zagnut123Zagnut123 on December 15, 2017 10:35AM
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience.. and this is with just agility jewelry, gold sharp weapons, and hundings rage with selenes monster helm.. I've gotten 32k, 33k. And I know my gear is bad. But the rotation is the single biggest improvement anyone can do to their build. Unfortunately that means you kinda get steered toward a cookie cutter rotation that everyone and their brother is doing.

Tbh Stam DK is the easiest dps in the game rotation wise. Poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops, flames of Oblivion, molten armaments all for your back bar. If you want vigor for heals, replace flames of Oblivion. Standard for your ult on the back bar. I usually cast molten, charge a heavy and then light weave one skill at a time on the back bar. Then swap.

On the front bar you'll want rending slashes, venom claw, noxious breath, rearming trap, and deadly cloak with ult as flawless Dawnbreaker for the passive weapon dmg. When I swap to the front bar I do light attack > trap > light attack > deadly cloak > full heavy attack > noxious > full heavy > rending > full heavy >venom, swap.

Rinse and repeat. For ease of use, I usually order my skills and just go down the line. Every skill on back bar once, every skill on front bar once. Use ult when it's up just before swapping to the front after a back bar rotation.

If you don't know how to full heavy weave, it's super easy. Hold down your mouse or trigger. Don't let go unless your done heavy weaving. While your character does his wind up, press the ability you want to cast, and it will cast it immediately after your heavy attack hits. It literally queues your ability. Keep holding it down and he/she will wind up their heavy again. Press ability before it finishes and it will cast ability just like before.

Personally I think you would see a greater benefit from dual daggers, one nirn with poison enchant, off have infused with berserk (increase wep dmg).

But like others have said, unfortunately maelstrom bow literally is 4-5k dps alone. Using weapon damage and crit Stam pots will boost your dps quite a bit too. My night blade went from 35k dps to 40k just from swapping to weapon and crit pots. Also for some reason a lot of people learning to dps don't enchant their jewelry with weapon damage, which can be another 2-3k dps alone.

And lastly... How has no one asked you this... What is your CP?

That makes a huge huge HUGE difference between even 3-400 vs 690.

The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience.. and this is with just agility jewelry, gold sharp weapons, and hundings rage with selenes monster helm.. I've gotten 32k, 33k. And I know my gear is bad. But the rotation is the single biggest improvement anyone can do to their build. Unfortunately that means you kinda get steered toward a cookie cutter rotation that everyone and their brother is doing.

Tbh Stam DK is the easiest dps in the game rotation wise. Poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops, flames of Oblivion, molten armaments all for your back bar. If you want vigor for heals, replace flames of Oblivion. Standard for your ult on the back bar. I usually cast molten, charge a heavy and then light weave one skill at a time on the back bar. Then swap.

On the front bar you'll want rending slashes, venom claw, noxious breath, rearming trap, and deadly cloak with ult as flawless Dawnbreaker for the passive weapon dmg. When I swap to the front bar I do light attack > trap > light attack > deadly cloak > full heavy attack > noxious > full heavy > rending > full heavy >venom, swap.

Rinse and repeat. For ease of use, I usually order my skills and just go down the line. Every skill on back bar once, every skill on front bar once. Use ult when it's up just before swapping to the front after a back bar rotation.

If you don't know how to full heavy weave, it's super easy. Hold down your mouse or trigger. Don't let go unless your done heavy weaving. While your character does his wind up, press the ability you want to cast, and it will cast it immediately after your heavy attack hits. It literally queues your ability. Keep holding it down and he/she will wind up their heavy again. Press ability before it finishes and it will cast ability just like before.

Personally I think you would see a greater benefit from dual daggers, one nirn with poison enchant, off have infused with berserk (increase wep dmg).

But like others have said, unfortunately maelstrom bow literally is 4-5k dps alone. Using weapon damage and crit Stam pots will boost your dps quite a bit too. My night blade went from 35k dps to 40k just from swapping to weapon and crit pots. Also for some reason a lot of people learning to dps don't enchant their jewelry with weapon damage, which can be another 2-3k dps alone.

And lastly... How has no one asked you this... What is your CP? That makes a huge huge HUGE difference between even 3-400 vs 690.

CP is in my Sig. Actually about to hit 800 here soon.

That's the thing, if I don't have an easy source for Major Brutality through Igneous, I'll be straining myself because I've only recently bothered to build up my Alchemy. I not too long ago decided to get my Crafter's Alchemy to 50 and learn all the reagents. Now I've just been trying to build up my Mats enough to where I actually can craft my own Potions by the stack without quickly running out. Coming across the right Reagents takes longer than the simple Ancestor Silk and I'm not a rich player to just buy what I need in bulk. But I guess I can try just for one character. Though removing my Bloodthirst crutch will be difficult. I rely on that for in-the-moment healing without casting Vigor often. And I say that for Solo content cause obviously if you have a good group you have a good Healer.
    you would be better off using 5 hundings, 5 nmg, 2 mephala since you dont have tfs or vo

You can't wear full Hundings and NMG sets at the same time, they're both crafted sets.
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy 50 pots, not sure the cost on your platform, but it surely isn't more than 10k for just 50. User them to test with, to see your theoretical maximum by just changing one constant. 10k gold does not take any time at all to make.

Are you following a guide or something for your CP distribution? If not, its probably not optimized like it should be. (Sry can't see signatures on mobile :neutral: )
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy 50 pots, not sure the cost on your platform, but it surely isn't more than 10k for just 50. User them to test with, to see your theoretical maximum by just changing one constant. 10k gold does not take any time at all to make.

Are you following a guide or something for your CP distribution? If not, its probably not optimized like it should be. (Sry can't see signatures on mobile :neutral: )

I mean I can buy a small stack, I just meant buy enough to keep me going constantly.

And yeah actually I decided to have my CP distributed going off a build from Alcast, just mainly in the blue tree.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note. Changing the rotation to use Molten with Heavy Attacks didnt work.

In fact i lost 1k dps on average. :/
  • JohnStorm
    JohnStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Try out this rotation:
    Pre-fight (molten, deadly cloak, flames of oblivion, crit potion)
    LA -> trap -> LA -> endless hail -> LA -> poison injection -> LA -> caltrops -> barswap -> HA -> noxious breath -> HA -> claw -> HA -> rending slashes (or blood craze) -> LA -> deadly cloak -> LA -> flames of oblivion -> repeat
    Reapply molten every second rotation. Use potions on cooldown. Activate standard after 1 complete rotation.

I use this exact rotation and on 6 mil I get 38k dps with hunding's/sunderflame/velidreth. Btw, I use an axe and sword of sunderflame (infused/precise). Nirn/infused would be better, and also dagger/dagger or axe/dagger will have better results.
    In the end, even though I have a maelstrom bow and have more penetration from sunder, that won't make a 14k+ dps difference from your build.
    Edited by JohnStorm on December 17, 2017 1:51AM
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a note. Changing the rotation to use Molten with Heavy Attacks didnt work.

In fact i lost 1k dps on average. :/

Are you using good pots tho? Weapon crit and weapon damage ones. Heavy attacks hitting hard is why stam dk is king for dps atm, they hit so hard, and molten makes em even better. I'd suggest watching one of fear turbos parse videos and analyze it for data. You can do it, it just takes patience and practice.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings + spriggan/twice fanged Serpent+veli. 1 nirn dagger and one precise/infused axe or dagger. Hundings bow infused w/wpn damage enchant. All medium, warrior mundus, max stat food. Endless hail, LA, rearming trap, LA, poison injection, LA, caltrops, LA, bar swap, noxious breath, HA, rending slashes, HA, poison claw, HA. Keep flames of oblivion and deadly cloak and flawless db on your front dw bar. Keep DC and FoO up as needed. On your backbar slot molten armaments and keep that up. With crit pots and that setup ive hot a little over 27k others can do better.
  • amasuriel
    amasuriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Forgive me for being skeptical but I just can't see how changing to Molten Armaments and spamming HA's up's the dps, even if the attack damage is buffed.

Rotation
    The current meta for StamDK is to heavy attack weave between all skills on your front bar (which should be Breath, Blade Cloak, Twin Slashes and one other dot (claw or trap beast).

Heavy weaving dual wield has a very short animation when canceled, and canceling is really easy to do dual weild (as soon as you see the animation start, press the skill you want to have happen after, it will fire as soon as the heavy is done, way easier than canceling other heavies).

With Igneous, these 4 heavy attacks per rotation do a lot of damage and give a lot of sustain (meaning no Camoran Throne or Regen jewelry required), which is one of the main keys to stamDK being so good right now.

Back bar is Hail, Caltrops, Venom arrow, Igneous, and the other dot not on the front (trap beast or claw). Light attacks in between skills.

Gear
    Morag Tong will not be as good as a penetration set for sure. Spriggans / Twice Fanged Serpent will be better for parsing and in bad pugs, usually in trials DKs run Sunderflame. NMG is also good.

Slimecraw will be okay in a parse, or vMA, in a group the healer should be giving you berserk. For maxing a parse use Kragh, though some will think it's cheese, but if you just want a big number to post i's the best way. Veli will outperform all of them in most real world situations because there are 3 balls, only 1 hits a dummy, but if there are adds each proc does 2 or 3x the damage. Think about that when reviewing your parse.

I'm assuming you don't have a vMA bow? that will drop your DPS noticeably. Standard setup is 5/3/2/2/1 (meaning 5 piece body, 2 monster, 3 jewelry, vMA bow back and 2 weapons to match the jewelry from your proc set, like sunderflame).

The potions are important. For sure you can run without them, adjust your bar to have Major Savagery, and your morph of weapons to give you brutality, but it will be a really big DPS loss because of the extra skill slot for savagery and the heavy attack damage difference. You can still hit 30+, but I would be pretty surprised if you could hit 35 even with perfect rotation. Again, nothing wrong with it per se, but don't expect to pull the numbers you see on youtube without it.

Summary
    Within 2 hours of practice using the above with purple hundings and sunderflame and Veli (gold weapons though, including vMA bow) I hit 36k solo. The rotation is really straight forward compared to other high damage dealers like stamblade, who have to be perfect with weaving or their DPS drops to crap for example.

• Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    amasuriel wrote: »

Rotation
    The current meta for StamDK is to heavy attack weave between all skills on your front bar (which should be Breath, Blade Cloak, Twin Slashes and one other dot (claw or trap beast).

Heavy weaving dual wield has a very short animation when canceled, and canceling is really easy to do dual weild (as soon as you see the animation start, press the skill you want to have happen after, it will fire as soon as the heavy is done, way easier than canceling other heavies).

With Igneous, these 4 heavy attacks per rotation do a lot of damage and give a lot of sustain (meaning no Camoran Throne or Regen jewelry required), which is one of the main keys to stamDK being so good right now.

Back bar is Hail, Caltrops, Venom arrow, Igneous, and the other dot not on the front (trap beast or claw). Light attacks in between skills.

Gear
    Morag Tong will not be as good as a penetration set for sure. Spriggans / Twice Fanged Serpent will be better for parsing and in bad pugs, usually in trials DKs run Sunderflame. NMG is also good.

Slimecraw will be okay in a parse, or vMA, in a group the healer should be giving you berserk. For maxing a parse use Kragh, though some will think it's cheese, but if you just want a big number to post i's the best way. Veli will outperform all of them in most real world situations because there are 3 balls, only 1 hits a dummy, but if there are adds each proc does 2 or 3x the damage. Think about that when reviewing your parse.

I'm assuming you don't have a vMA bow? that will drop your DPS noticeably. Standard setup is 5/3/2/2/1 (meaning 5 piece body, 2 monster, 3 jewelry, vMA bow back and 2 weapons to match the jewelry from your proc set, like sunderflame).

The potions are important. For sure you can run without them, adjust your bar to have Major Savagery, and your morph of weapons to give you brutality, but it will be a really big DPS loss because of the extra skill slot for savagery and the heavy attack damage difference. You can still hit 30+, but I would be pretty surprised if you could hit 35 even with perfect rotation. Again, nothing wrong with it per se, but don't expect to pull the numbers you see on youtube without it.

Summary
    Within 2 hours of practice using the above with purple hundings and sunderflame and Veli (gold weapons though, including vMA bow) I hit 36k solo. The rotation is really straight forward compared to other high damage dealers like stamblade, who have to be perfect with weaving or their DPS drops to crap for example.

Stam dks don't use igneous. It's molten armaments
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched your video. Your skill rotation and animation cancelling are all really good, so no glaring problems there.

You should start your parse with a standard ultimate. And then use dawnbreaker if you can get it later during your parse. Get two target skeletons- use one skeleton to build ultimate on and the other for your parse.

Others have mentioned that you are not using deadly cloak. This is a must-have skill nowadays for stam characters both for damage AND survivability. This will replace your spammable on your front bar.

You seem to be using trash pots for your parse. Are you? You reeeeaallly need a source of major weapon crit buff. 10% extra crit is quite a big damage bonus. Since you are a DK, you can use Flames of Oblivion (will have to replace Vigor on your skill bar, but you don't have to use this all the time) if you are cheap and don't want to use expensive potions. Or just manage your money well and use potions.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend checking out Fear's stamDK build here: http://fearturbo.com/combustion/
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • amasuriel
    amasuriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    amasuriel wrote: »

Rotation

Gear

Summary

Stam dks don't use igneous. It's molten armaments

Yeah I should have double checked the name, you can see from my actual text that I meant molten :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to be using trash pots for your parse. Are you? You reeeeaallly need a source of major weapon crit buff. 10% extra crit is quite a big damage bonus. Since you are a DK, you can use Flames of Oblivion (will have to replace Vigor on your skill bar, but you don't have to use this all the time) if you are cheap and don't want to use expensive potions. Or just manage your money well and use potions.

Admittedly I JUST recently got my Crafter's Alchemy to 50. I'd been prolonging it for so long cause accumulating all the reagents took forever for me. But up until this point I had no way of getting a large amount of crafted potions. But now I do, so I can start making them for my characters. And yes I am cheap...