The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ticks zone

Gbnicholson1
Gbnicholson1
✭✭✭
The tick zone is too small. I’ve had to have missed out on 100s of thousands of ap for pushing out. This system is broken because it ignores your fort and actually punishes you for not just letting the other team regroup and res.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tick zone is too small. I’ve had to have missed out on 100s of thousands of ap for pushing out. This system is broken because it ignores your fort and actually punishes you for not just letting the other team regroup and res.

Yeah, this has always been a problem. Players should only be rewarded for the portion of the fight they participated in anyway. It should be possible to receive one's share of a dtick, even if they move away from that area.
    Edited by zyk on December 13, 2017 5:25AM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Some sides of keeps have larger tick ranges than people know. I have an addon that has an indicator if you are in range or not, http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1792-APMeter.html
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ghostbane that is very helpful.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    They could also make a window of time you have to be in the zone to get it, like maybe within 5 minutes. Not the second it ticks only.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could also make a window of time you have to be in the zone to get it, like maybe within 5 minutes. Not the second it ticks only.

A defence tick happens one minute after the last death (friendly or enemy) within the tick zone. There is no reliable way at present to determine if the death took place in this zone. Just stay inside the zone as illustrated by the addon.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might not be possible, but if ZOS could award AP based on how long you were in the tick zone prior to the tick, that would award the players who fought for it and discourage -some- of the leeching.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    It might not be possible, but if ZOS could award AP based on how long you were in the tick zone prior to the tick, that would award the players who fought for it and discourage -some- of the leeching.

It would be possible, but such a dynamic undertaking (especially at large keep fights for a good 30 minutes) it could be a poor quality of life choice. I think Brian or someone on the team gave a response to this specifically a while back, it has been a popular request since launch.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    So far the addon gave me Ui errors and nothing’s showing differently. No notifications in chat. After an install, computer restart, second login, etc. Shouldn’t have to apply a band aid with an addon anyway.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    So far I’ve lost about 3k ap testing the zone notification. I. Guessing the addon doesn’t support gamepad mode.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Alright I got it working with the disable game pad ui addon. This will help me learn the ranges.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are using a minimap that shows the names of the locations, you can use that to make sure you are still on the grounds of a keep or resource.

Sometimes though, the tactics of the situation require players to give up an AP tick in order to address the enemy players. It happens. Personally, I do enough PVP regularly that missing a tick here or there is nothing compared to the ticks I do get from taking or defending keeps and resources.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought the range of the tick area should end half way to the next keep or outpost. It should also encompass the resources so if you go take back the lumbermill you will still get the tick for the keep.
    Edited by badmojo on December 14, 2017 4:00PM
    [DC/NA]
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we know that defense ticks really suck atm. Maybe just maybe there's a way to fix that by increasing keep defense ticks by x% then when it happens it's shared to the 3 resources so it would then be divided x. Making the defense tick equal beyond the keep and to each of the resources. I'm sure there is a way to make that happen since they are specific map areas. Just trying to think outside the box. Might also be a way to incentivize retaking resources quickly to prevent respawning and camping. Resources could also be used as Defense tick modifiers just like the flags are in IC districts.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I think its ok as it is. Draws people to fights which is healthy, as they try to cash in sure but are joining the battle urgently.

Sure if you have a huge battle you might be held back from chasing them but as D ticks are small now its not like it was, which is a sham, the 100kAP days were mint.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane has added gamepad support :)
    Edited by Gbnicholson1 on January 9, 2018 4:15AM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane has added gamepad support :)

;)
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons