The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Need help with the nameplates

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
Looks like there was a new change? I see npc growing green and players glowing blue and I really don't like it.

I was able to turn it off but enemy npcs now do not glow red. I couldn't fugue out with setting disables any glowing except on enemies. Ideas?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd question, but are you a warden? I think the skill that lets you swing to a targeted player caused a glow around characters you could travel to with the skill.

If that's not the case, disregard this.
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing as a nightblade. The friendly character glow and npc glows driving me crazy
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VaranisArano is right, there seems to be a skill involved in this

the problem seems to be that when you equip certain skills (something with targeting?) it turns on the extra auras...
    AND! the auras are then stuck at 100% brightness

so it doesn't matter if you have the glow set to 3% or 33% its bright as a skyshard.
    & so far I've seen this problem happen for DK & WD & NB
    You can figure out what skill it is & switch it out
    or turn your glow down to nothing and live a much more exciting life!
    :D

If you go for the "no glow" approach try to pay attention to your loot opportunities, & I recommend bringing extra soul gems & activating the drunkard personality!
    so much fun!
    >:)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }