The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Some drop rate data for Dreloth Ancestral Tomb

Wraithscream
Wraithscream
✭✭✭
I run the tomb with 7 characters and clear the whole place each time. Each character has accepted the quest outside but does not turn it in so they can access the last room. Thought someone might find this interesting. I also loot the backpack and the dwemer urn outside twice. Once on entering and once leaving. I don't keep track of green patterns anymore. I did not want to post until i had a substantial pool of data. Cheers.

Total so far: 560 runs

Blue Food Recipe: 148 26.42%
Purple Food Recipe: 15 2.67%
Blue Vanilla Furniture Pattern: 174 31%
Purple Vanilla Furniture Pattern: 24 4.28%
Morrowind Blue Furniture Pattern: 36 6.42%
Morrowind Purple Furniture Pattern: 8 1.42%
Purple Motif Book: 48 8.57%
Blue Motif Book: 229 40.89%

Also there is a looting cool down I can confirm it without a shadow of a doubt. I never got more than one of each of these drops per run. So say I loot a blue furnishing recipe, I know that after I do i can expect not to loot another. But i can loot a purple or green furnishing pattern still. Each rarity has its own cool down and same goes for cooking recipes. I can loot one of each of these items per run but since it is so quick i will never receive 2 of one. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Wraithscream on December 12, 2017 10:57PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got more than one of each of these drops per run.

I have always theorized, and evidence supports this, that your only going to get say one Motif per instance (building or delve), be it Blue or Purple or whatever. I know I have pulled more than one provisioning recipe from an instance. I have pulled more than one Furniture Recipe* but did not notice if they were of a different type. They could have been.

*Note, if you want to Urn farm recipes, the best place is Old Orsinium Public Dungeon. Although I don't know if you will get Morrowind recipes there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wraithscream
    Wraithscream
    ✭✭✭
    Nope you won't get morrowind ones there. This is the best place for them. Im only here for the purple morrowind patternss.

I know every vanilla pattern and all clockwork patterns. The morrowind ones are just so damn hard to get.
    Edited by Wraithscream on December 12, 2017 11:42PM
  • CorinaB
    CorinaB
    ✭✭
    @Wraithscream Thank you for sharing your drop rate data with us. Do you mind telling us where/how you got your clockwork patterns? Good luck on your quest to get the rest of the Morrowind ones!
  • Wraithscream
    Wraithscream
    ✭✭✭
    I bought them during the event. There was a influx of patterns since they dropped from the boxes. I waited till the end of the event when sellers kept dropping prices to compete and bought them (somewhat) cheap. My friend farms them in the clockwork city but the drop rate is pretty bad. I really did not want to have to farm those patterns after I finish with the morrowind ones

From talking to other people who farm urns and clockwork, looting in Clockwork City is the best way to get the recipes. Also if it's anything like Morrowind there is a chance from pickpocketing. The stuff you loot in the city is considered stolen so you get the benefit of the gold too.
    Edited by Wraithscream on December 13, 2017 2:33AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten multiple blues furnishing recipes on the same run, usually old world ones . getting multiple old world greens is exceptional common, I would say at least 50% of my runthroughs, though there are also runs where I get no patterns or recipes of any sort. couple of times i have gotten multiple blue morrowind patterns. not the rare ones, but nonetheless. what I have noticed, anecdotally, is that the more characters I run through, my drop rates for anything start to increase the more I run them on the same day. so basically logging over from character to character seems to increase my droprates. it seems to reset with dailies.

at one point I had 6 characters that I would run a dozen times each per day. those are the times I got the most purples of any kind, including morrowind ones.

bear in mind, all the characters i have sitting in dreloth, haven't turned in the quest to Elfbeta so they have acess to all the rooms, not just first 2.
    Edited by Linaleah on December 13, 2017 3:17AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Wraithscream
    Wraithscream
    ✭✭✭
    So out of 560 runs i just have never has one drop twice? And i did over 400 before i started collecting data so actually it would be more like 1000 runs with zero doubles. Naw there is a cooldown and the evidence clearly supports it. You can find 1 green pattern, 1 blue, 1 purple but once you get one, let's say blue, you won't get another blue for a while, there is a timer. But you could find a purple, and once you do a timer starts for purple patterns. I find its about 15-20 minutes. And as you can see from my first post my runs are always the entire tomb. The best run i ever did was i got one of every different type of item on the above list that I have percentages on. Not once did I even get multiple green patterns which are the most common. Im trying to be informative for others who want to do this. (Gotta be kinda crazy;) )
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well now I'm going to have to track it more carefully, but I swear I have found more then one pattern of the same kind on the same run. never the first few runs of the day though. I'm honestly not sure how many runs I did personaly. a LOT. we are talking something like 60 runs per day, every day, for a few months. they are quick and easy and are great to do for when I was marathoning a bunch of stuff on Netflix :P
    Edited by Linaleah on December 13, 2017 4:20AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there is a loot cool down too. I been farming motifs in marrowind while doing the fence 1 mil achievement. I have been stealing from npc every day for 2 hours a day for 2 1/2 months.

It seems as soon as i start stealing a page will drop in a few npc then nothing for an hour as soon as the hour is up another motif page will drop. After doing this for so long and seeing the same thing I can almost say with 100% certainty that purple rare drops are on a cool down
    Edited by FloppyTouch on December 13, 2017 6:22AM
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can pull a purple recipe, purple furnishing plan, imperial book, and purple furnishing item all in the same run. Cooldown applies to each individual type, and they are character specific. I have pulled a purple furnishing recipe, purple item, and purple furnishing plan all in the same run, along with imperial books in back to back runs. I have also pulled purple plans on back to back characters numerous times as well. I know someone who pulled imperial motifs on two consecutive character.

.... i actually think the loot cooldown is in a patch note somewhere, and was introduced when the dwarven motifs were being over farmed like crazy due to no cooldown and resetting the dungeon by walking out the door and walking back in.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on December 13, 2017 7:32AM
  • Wraithscream
    Wraithscream
    ✭✭✭
    Yep pretty much what I said on my first post. Each character has their own cooldowns which is why people run 7 characters. By the time you are done running through them all the urns respawn and the timers are up.
    Edited by Wraithscream on December 13, 2017 8:01AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done as much farming today (every online game I play is doing holiday events right now O_O), but i have had motifs at least show up far more often then every half an hour. and this is probably not as relevant, but when farming that last recipe I need from a certain npc in Vvardenfel, I pickpocketed 2 of the same white recipe. off the same npc. in a row. . first pick was a treasure, second was a furnishing pattern, and the stab was that exact same pattern. again.

I have also gotten (and this I have no doubt about) 2-3 of the faction motifs on the same character, same run. not the same faction, but wouldn't faction motif count as the same category?

there certainly IS a cooldown on urn respawn that is about half an hour.. ish, give or take, since as i have been told - Dreloth counts as a delve.so it has a delve like cooldown. I can see it being introduced as a response to people over-farming dwemmer stuff, but at the same time - this cooldown is associated with just being able to loot containers, rather then specific drops from those containers. at least in my experience.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    I've had 2 green furnishing plans within 10s of each other from that tomb, there's definitely no cool down on it.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the cool down is 30 mins. I have never gotten more than 1 motif per 30 mins, and I think it applies to purple recipes as well. There is also a maximum amount of containers you are allowed to loot in an allotted time, and it replenishes over time, which I think is also 30 mins. Not sure how many green or blue recipes you can get in 30 mins, but I usually get about 4 or 5 greens and 2 or 3 blues max.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no cool down for green and white. I have always assumed that 10-15 min on the purple. I have used this guideline for myself when i have been farming urns for the dwarven ones, and every 15 min i would enter a dwemer tomb and loot. I would almost always find a dwarven motif within the first few urns, however if i farm dwemer ruin after dwemer ruin, i would go through several ruins without pulling one until i hit an approximate 15 min cool down. I have never really cared about the blues to pay attention to a cooldown timer. If it applies to the motifs, and i am almost certain there was something in the patch notes about it, then i would assume it applies to furnishing plans with the same duration. (This is based on the cookie cutter concept that Zenimax loves to use, copy, paste, hope it works.)

As for the urn cool down. This is something unique to morrowind. If you loot tomb A and go to tomb B all urns will be empty, and it will slowly refill over a period of time. Once again i think it is about 30min to get them to fill back up to full potential, but act is based on the fact that i run 14 characters through there. I can definitely say there is a difference in the under of urns i i can loot between me running the same character though the tomb back to back logins, vs running the same toon with 13 different toons between them.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there isn't a cool down, then statistically, somewhere along the play of the game, with thousands of potential places to get purples, one would have eventually pulled two purples back to back. I have done at least 2x the runs as the op, and i have never pulled two purples of the same type, in the same run, and neither has anyone else that i know of.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on December 13, 2017 7:05PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never looted more than one of each type in all of my urn farming in Dreloth. I run all 9 of my characters through twice a day and nope, not a single time did I get, say, 2 green food recipes or 2 green furnishing plans. I have gotten both a green food recipe and a green furnishing plan. Perhaps it is possible to get both a green vanilla furnishing plan and a green MW furnishing plan, as perhaps they are considered different types? But, there is a cooldown as far as my experience and from another post I read on the subject a few months ago.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you calculating the % as a items/runs? Might give a better idea if it's items/urns I think. Makes it seem higher than it is this way :p Back when I was trying to farm my vague estimations had like one MW purple in 22k-ish urns. I didn't try to keep exact records like you though. I gave up after about 15 MW purples I think :D

And I'm pretty sure I have looted several blue recipes/furniture recipes in a run. But it has been a while.
  • CorinaB
    CorinaB
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the additional info, guys! And @Wraithscream thanks for explaining how you got the clockwork city patterns. Good luck, everyone.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wraithscream I've been noticing a prevalence of (vanilla) Dunmer plans in the 'old' furnishing drops, have you noticed the same?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.