The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scamps and Clannfear and Twilights, oh my...

• JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not have skins for them? Similar to the warden's bear with the gray option. Another crowns store item, yeash!?
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me, the most logical choice would have been a spider daedra. You're basically looking for a not-elite variety that also fits the "look" of the class to a greater or lesser degree. [Flame atronach qualifies under "frequently encountered non-elite", but does clash with the blue-reptilian look of the menagerie as a whole.]

It even makes for a better morph split, in my opinion; keep the Matriarch as the healer, but have the alternative as a spider throwing out a web (3 second immobilization AoE, bosses are immune in any case). Also lets you change the damage from shock to physical, which I believe is more advantageous to stamina sorcerers (I am tenuous on pet damage in this game, however, so check that). The current alternative morph - +damage to enemies with >50% health - is, to me, clunky to fit into a rotation, and generally not that useful given that the "bat" is not really contributing a gigantic amount of DPS to begin with.

Oh - isn't there a mandatory "nerf sorcerers" statement everyone in this thread is supposed to be signing off with?

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jarryzzt wrote: »
    To me, the most logical choice would have been a spider daedra. You're basically looking for a not-elite variety that also fits the "look" of the class to a greater or lesser degree. [Flame atronach qualifies under "frequently encountered non-elite", but does clash with the blue-reptilian look of the menagerie as a whole.]

It even makes for a better morph split, in my opinion; keep the Matriarch as the healer, but have the alternative as a spider throwing out a web (3 second immobilization AoE, bosses are immune in any case). Also lets you change the damage from shock to physical, which I believe is more advantageous to stamina sorcerers (I am tenuous on pet damage in this game, however, so check that). The current alternative morph - +damage to enemies with >50% health - is, to me, clunky to fit into a rotation, and generally not that useful given that the "bat" is not really contributing a gigantic amount of DPS to begin with.

Oh - isn't there a mandatory "nerf sorcerers" statement everyone in this thread is supposed to be signing off with?

#nerfsorcs
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like turtles
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    It would need to be something Daedric, since it's the Daedric Summoning set...
    Mudcrab

Daedric mudcrab

Fiendroth

https://esosslfiles-a.akamaihd.net/cms/crownstore/2016/03/fc8d43b6e1ca473049ae7e322f332129.jpg
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    It would need to be something Daedric, since it's the Daedric Summoning set...
    Mudcrab

Daedric mudcrab

Fiendroth

https://esosslfiles-a.akamaihd.net/cms/crownstore/2016/03/fc8d43b6e1ca473049ae7e322f332129.jpg

I’m in Love he so cute
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate sorcs all round. The Twilights are indeed annoying and that streak skill. Oh my. The entire screen shakes when someone whizzes past you and if you didn't suffer from fits before hand, it sure can make you feel like you're about to have one. Screen shake and a huge flash of light. Annoying af is an understatement.

Never rolled a sorc because of those skills so i have no idea if streak causes huge screen shake and flashing lights on the person's screen who uses the skill. hate it. If there's someone using that shite constantly in a dungeon I just drop out the group.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I am not in combat, I unsummon my pets. Thus I never OP's issue.

How to unsummon:

1) Hit K (default for skills UI)
    2) Use mouse, drag pet skill away from the bar for 1 sec and put it back on. One does not have to remove pet skill icon, just "unclick" it from the bar and put right back.
    3) Close skill UI
  • R4TTIUS
    R4TTIUS
    ✭✭✭
    Air atronach

Or shao kahn as that would just be great :D
    Edited by R4TTIUS on December 13, 2017 1:06PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the new form of nerf sorc threads...o.O.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illumisar wrote: »
    I vote for this little guy...

49db842c74e2e308cb5760eb5a8df85a--cartoon-disney-comic-character.jpg

So much nostalgia, an awesome for you Ser/Madame :)
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    What about one of the Snake Ladies?

A Medium sized snake-lady, yes

Would be daedric, could be summoned and!! Doesnt flappy flap

I believe they are called Harvesters
    PC/EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

The only change OP is suggesting is the damage twilight does an AoE rather than the single target it does now, The scamp already does an AoE and there is zero reason for both summons to do the same thing.

The damaging twilight holds it's own for single target damage very well. In PvE and especially trials and dungeons where adds are present in boss fights the single target damage of the twilight is just fine. No reason to change it.

Effectively, OPs suggestion would lower the single target damage of the twilight. That is not a good thing.
    Edited by idk on December 13, 2017 1:41PM
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hell, I'd be happy if she was just smaller...like about 2/3 smaller. I don't like that flapping either. I dismiss whenever I'm in town because I think it's rude to be crafting or whatever and have that thing flapping away.

Really wish either they were smaller or there was an alternative. Dislike a lot.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    When I am not in combat, I unsummon my pets. Thus I never OP's issue.

How to unsummon:

1) Hit K (default for skills UI)
    2) Use mouse, drag pet skill away from the bar for 1 sec and put it back on. One does not have to remove pet skill icon, just "unclick" it from the bar and put right back.
    3) Close skill UI

Hit C (default for character stats)
    Right-click the "Volatile Familiar" icon (or whatever is active)
    Close character UI

is how I do it. Not sure how the other method is faster.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    No.

The only change OP is suggesting is the damage twilight does an AoE rather than the single target it does now, The scamp already does an AoE and there is zero reason for both summons to do the same thing.

The damaging twilight holds it's own for single target damage very well. In PvE and especially trials and dungeons where adds are present in boss fights the single target damage of the twilight is just fine. No reason to change it.

Effectively, OPs suggestion would lower the single target damage of the twilight. That is not a good thing.

A fair point! I suggested that because that seems to be an ability the Hunger currently has. However, enemy scamps are quite different from the one I summon, so there's no reason a summoned Hunger would have to be the same as the ones in the wild.

Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So... Remove the wings? I heard they fly straight back to oblivion if you don't clip the wings.

It would be weird and entertaining to see wingless twilights - give them T Rex arms to replace the wings. Or mudcrab arms to go full gonzo. Vaardvark heads for arms wut?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainraven wrote: »
    Something small, that's terrified of bankers and merchants, since people can't be arsed to put their pets away. :|

What's wrong with having pets out at these locations?
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, I'd be happy if she was just smaller...like about 2/3 smaller. I don't like that flapping either. I dismiss whenever I'm in town because I think it's rude to be crafting or whatever and have that thing flapping away.

Really wish either they were smaller or there was an alternative. Dislike a lot.

Same. It annoys me so much now I don't use it, ever, for anything. Switching the pets to perma-summons seemed like a great idea, but of course people being people it had some crappy consequences.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    Rainraven wrote: »
    Something small, that's terrified of bankers and merchants, since people can't be arsed to put their pets away. :|

What's wrong with having pets out at these locations?

They're in the way. NPCs can't be targeted through the wings and feet and what-have-you hovering in people's field of vision. You've never been in a bank or at a guild trader or crafting station and had to dance around somebody's twilight to get LOS? O.o

Edit: and no, it's hardly a world-shaking problem, the annoyance just adds up when it happens a thousand times.
    Edited by Rainraven on December 13, 2017 10:05PM
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I hate the Twilight. Both mine when I happen to use it and everyone else's. They get in the way of crafting stations. Of doors. Of containers I'm trying to loot. Even in the face of NPCs during dialogue. Those beating wings on my screen are maddening. I am not saying they should remove the stupid bird pet. Reducing the size would have people complain that they can't be targeted in PvP or whatever.

My suggestion for this is change its animation. Make it settle on the floor when it's not moving. Please. Please please please. PLEASE. It would eliminate the stupid flapping wings on my face and between my PoV and the thing I'm trying to interact with. It would also make it a lot easier to access a crafting station when there's 5 flapping pets around, forcing people to find creative and unusual angles to actually reach the station.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    TBH I hate the Twilight. Both mine when I happen to use it and everyone else's. They get in the way of crafting stations. Of doors. Of containers I'm trying to loot. Even in the face of NPCs during dialogue. Those beating wings on my screen are maddening. I am not saying they should remove the stupid bird pet. Reducing the size would have people complain that they can't be targeted in PvP or whatever.

My suggestion for this is change its animation. Make it settle on the floor when it's not moving. Please. Please please please. PLEASE. It would eliminate the stupid flapping wings on my face and between my PoV and the thing I'm trying to interact with. It would also make it a lot easier to access a crafting station when there's 5 flapping pets around, forcing people to find creative and unusual angles to actually reach the station.
    Yes have them settle as an idle whould solve this and look good, started healing or sorcerer and also find the annoying.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't a flame atronach make the most sense as the damage morph?
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't a flame atronach make the most sense as the damage morph?

I once suggested a complete revamp of the summoned pets, flame atronachs would have been the default state of the ultimate. If I recall correctly, it was:

Scamp
    > Clannfear
    > Hunger

Twilight
    > Daedroth
    > Dremora

Fire Atronach
    > Frost Atronach
    > Storm Atronach

Of course, their abilities would need to be determined, but that would give summoners some VARIETY.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be nice if all 3 versions of a skill could be unique like this. I can only think of one skill where I like it better unmorphed. Usually it's always the better option to morph a skill into SOMETHING.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they're annoying out of combat, especially around the bank or crafting stations. There always seems to be one constantly flapping Twilight right in my line of sight whenever I go to the bank.

I remember when Morrowind launched and some people were complaining about wardens bringing their bears into town and never unsummoning them. I wondered then why no one ever seemed to complain about the Twilights when I find them far more annoying, but I guess I just missed it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think an ash titan would be a nice balanced option……would probably would block the view about the same as the dang twilight too...
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.