The issues related to Steam players logging in to the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!
The Stonethorn DLC and Update 27 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help for ridiculously slow patch download?

Seroster
Seroster
I've been thinking about picking my ESO sub back up so I decided I would update my client. For some reason, the patcher is DLing at 150-220 KB/s currently, and has been for 45 min. I usually average around 1.5-2MB/s, and my speed test seemed normal (and actually a little faster than average) for what I'm signed on for from AT&T. My network utilization in the task manager says I'm DLing at 1.3 MB/s, and that it's coming from the ESO patcher primarily, yet I've been DLing for ~45 min & have barely 1% of 1.8GB and the patcher itself reports the #s mentioned. I haven't the foggiest idea of what to TS for this currently, any advice?

Best Answer

• Seroster
    Seroster
    It's like the more I post on the boards the faster it gets, it's back up into the normal ~2 MB/s range now. IDK what the deal was, oh well.
    Accepted Answer
  • Seroster
    Seroster
    Updates: It's kicked up to ~1 MB/s but fluctuating significantly. I might have figured out a part of the issue in that when I tried to go through the port forwarding rigamarole my router stated that if I forwarded Port 80 to my PC it "Might shut down AT&T TV". We have DirecTV now instead of AT&T U-verse, do you think it's safe to change that setting?