The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trying to put Materials from Craft Bag to Bank

downbear
downbear
Soul Shriven
When I'm on Toon #1, I remove materials from my craft bag and deposit into the bank. Then I log into Toon #2 so that character can withdraw the materials, but they're not in the bank. Instead, when I log back into Toon #1, all the materials are back in his craft bag. Is this working as intended?

Best Answers

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All your characters have access to the same crafting bag.There's no reason to use the bank to share materials between characters.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a setting to automatically move items to the craft bag on each character. When you relogged to the next toon, or even before, it automatically re-stored them.

You need to turn that setting off to enable removing them from the craft bag and banking, but there is no point to that. The only reason to remove crafting mats from the craft bag is to trade to another player.
    Answer ✓
  • downbear
    downbear
    Soul Shriven
    Ohhhh! Thanks, that's so much nicer.
  • Keaira_Fae
    Keaira_Fae
    Soul Shriven
    I want to move supplies from one toon to another because I'm deleting one of my toons, but even when I turn the "Auto-Add to Craft Bag" option off, the items don't stay in the bank. And they aren't shared across my toons (I checked; one of my toons doesn't have access to certain items that are on the other toon), so I'll lose those items if I delete that toon. Any suggestions, other than trading to another player and having them trade them all back to me? (There are a LOT of items to move!)

TIA!

ETA: I am an ESO Plus Subscriber
    Edited by Keaira_Fae on June 16, 2018 7:16PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Keaira_Fae
    Keaira_Fae wrote: »
    I want to move supplies from one toon to another because I'm deleting one of my toons, but even when I turn the "Auto-Add to Craft Bag" option off, the items don't stay in the bank.
    If I recall correctly, after changing the setting, you must log-off the character which you are playing, then choose the same character -- or another one -- to play on the Select Character page. Since the option is not "off" until after log-out, any items in the character's Bags which can be stored in the Craft Bag will be transferred to it when you log-out of that character.

Subsequently, though, an item in the Materials category of the Bags will not be automatically transferred to the Craft Bag when you log-out of a character. That is, unless and until you activate the option before you log-out of a character. (Note: most TESO Settings will take effect immediately, but the Craft Bag option does not.)
    ... And they aren't shared across my toons (I checked; one of my toons doesn't have access to certain items that are on the other toon), so I'll lose those items if I delete that toon.
    Which specific items stored in the Craft Bag are not accessible by each and every one of your respective characters? In my experience, all items in the Craft Bag are always accessible by each and every one of my respective characters. Items which are in a character's Bags, however, cannot be accessed by another player character. You can only transfer them to another character as follows:
    1. By depositing the item(s) into the common Bank account.
    2. By depositing the item(s) into a Homestead Storage chest or coffer (bought from the Crown Store) -- as with the Bank account, they can be withdrawn by any of your characters.
    3. By attaching the item(s) to an e-mail message sent to another player, who agrees before you do that to use the Return to Sender option when they receive the e-mail message. Note: enter "RTS" or "YourPlayerName Item Transfer" as the subject line of the message to which you attach the item(s).*
    4. By depositing the item(s) into a Guild Bank -- assuming that either you have permission to withdraw items from it, or a guild officer with permissions agrees to withdraw them and e-mail them to you.
    5. By using the Trade UI to transfer them to another player's character, then log-out and select another character to receive the items from the other player's character via the Trade UI.
    The first two options are the simplest, since they don't involve interacting with another player's character(s).

Edited by Shadowshire on June 17, 2018 11:38PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to move supplies from one toon to another because I'm deleting one of my toons, but even when I turn the "Auto-Add to Craft Bag" option off, the items don't stay in the bank. And they aren't shared across my toons (I checked; one of my toons doesn't have access to certain items that are on the other toon), so I'll lose those items if I delete that toon. Any suggestions, other than trading to another player and having them trade them all back to me? (There are a LOT of items to move!)

TIA!

ETA: I am an ESO Plus Subscriber

So it sounds like you want to move items in order to delete a character?

Anything in your crafting bag should be accessible on all characters and will not be removed if you delete a character. Check your settings?

Items that are account bound can be stored in your bank or home storage and transferred to any character on your account.

Items that are not bound can be stored in the bank or home storage for transfer, traded to another player to trade back to you, or my preferred method is to mail the items to a trusted friend and have them return the mail to me where I can pick up the attachments on a different character sometime in the next 30 days.

Currency can be deposited in the bank.

The only items that will be lost with a deleted character (barring bugs) that cannot be transferred to other characters are character bound items (stated in the tooltip as character bound or backpack bind on pickup). These cannot be banked, stored, or sent to another player. Examples include the level-up rewards like experience scrolls, Sotha Sil's reward for completing Clockwork City, and achievement trophy items like rare fish.
  • Keaira_Fae
    Keaira_Fae
    Soul Shriven
    I've double-checked my toons, and now I do see the same items in both craft bags. Maybe the reason I wasn't seeing the items on both toons at first was because the first toon (the one I want to delete) was created before I started my ESO Plus subscription, but the second toon was after, and I hadn't played the first toon since starting the subscription until I went on it to sell everything I could and bank the money? I'm not sure if that affected the inventories of the two toons in any way.

I appreciate the replies and help!